2019 Hurricane Season

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it was sunny and supercalm here in PC today.
30 minutes ago it dropped down for a few minutes, looks dark around, so there's hope to get a real shower later this evening, maybe.
for my offshore fishing it is shi.t, as tomorrow we will get for a couple days in the Wake of Sebastien quiet some rough surf in, would expect around the 9/10ft Sea margin, so at least for tomorrow will be a day of for the fisherman.
today we've been out on completely calm offshore Sea and managed to run 3-3 on Sailfish.
will attach the video as the "weather" proof, lol.
this is on board of my 42ft Bertram named Lady Lola.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Plenty of hard rain today, last night and this evening in Sosua and Puerto Plata - A half dozen more days like this and the rivers will be swollen

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Outside os Sosua. We been getting 20+ foot swells since yesterday. Seeing some coast damage as far as 160 ' inland. Don't know where it's coming from.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Outside os Sosua. We been getting 20+ foot swells since yesterday. Seeing some coast damage as far as 160 ' inland. Don't know where it's coming from.

I think it is from the ocean. :pSeems to happen almost every year around this time.
Surfing at Encuentro is generally better in the winter months.

Either that or climate change.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you find a article naming a Frontal a Tropical Storm, and specially in March,
then stop reading anything from that source, lol.
this is a simple Frontal as we have them quiet very often during Every Winter in the Caribbean/DR.
it wil rise the winds some nothes and sure bring the Ocean up on highest levels, nothing out of the ordinary.
I have alrady last Tuesday resheduled all my offshore fishing charters from Monday-Wednesday to earlier/later dates, as teh Marinas will be closed at least from Monday through wednesday.
sometimes such system could also keep up its influence for an other day or two to extend the time frame of rough ocean.
in case of rainfalls, this one looks very moisture, so aside of the usual winds and rough Ocean I also expect that we will get some good amounts of rain, but exact amounts are hard to impossible to forecast and they always vary a lot by areas.
as fot TODAY:
this is a calm beautiful Sunday,
perfect to hit da road and enjoy some codl and hot ones
have a great sunday everyone

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Live ocean Cam.

Just for you Mike. LOL.

East of Sosua.
Wind out on ENE, gusts 27mph. Ocean swells out of NNE, up to 15'. .75" rain today as of this time.

Cam in facing ENE so getting wind blown rain and ocean spray. 60M in from ocean. 55' above ocean level. Cliffs are 20 - 30 feet high on the left side of screen and 35 + feet in the distance to the right/east.

https://video.nest.com/live/TGh24yUkhs

Smooth sailing Mike. ;-)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
if you find a article naming a Frontal a Tropical Storm, and specially in March,
then stop reading anything from that source, lol.
this is a simple Frontal as we have them quiet very often during Every Winter in the Caribbean/DR.
It may be simple, but here in the mountains it has been non-stop wet since Saturday night.

We got 3" in the pool yesterday, and the real storm is yet to come.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
East of Sosua ocean front. Still blowing stink.

Good Cloudy morning! Looks like the live cam link above, is still up and running though the lens is a little blurry due to salt spray being blown on the lens.

Ocean swells have shifted coming out of the east a little more but still NNE. Wind blown surface chop has built out of the East so very confused sea conditions. Swells have built up more during the night.

Wind out of the East now gusting up to 30 mph. About 1" of rain yesterday and light so far this AM with about .1" since midnight.

BTW: We have seen a lot worse then this.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not as much rain yesterday in Sosua as we received last week. The pool hasn't needed draining yet but frequent on and off light showers. Everything is certainly wet and the ground has to be pretty close to being saturated if it is not already.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Drizzly all afternoon in West Santo Domingo getting heavier around 6 PM. Not much near Maximo Gomez and Independecia.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Tomorrow morning forecast for Cabarete looks interesting, quite some more rain on already saturated soil.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hurricane shutters down in Punta Cana. We had to move a beachfront event to an inland venue due to the high winds.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we have here on the East a powerful windforce blowing since yesterday afternoon, and it did not stop, yet and has some more forces to add today and tomorrow.
rain been on and off yesterday later afternoon and all last night.
today so far no rain at my place, but on my way i found sveral road fresh wet, so it rained at some areas while others may get less.
it will stay some days with us.
No smooth sailings anywhere, Ocean is of course dangerously rough,
hence we already changed last week Tueasday all charters sheduled for Today, tomorrow and wednesday to earlier/later dates.
It is Tropical Weather Patterns, even late for winter's end now, but typical to happen every winter a few times.
I am feeling freakin'COLD here at home, lol. it had been a long while since I had this 27 years old Universal Studios Sweater On Duty, lol, but today i love that ole pice of warmth.