2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike was not in agreement with some posters behaviors, but such will be cleaned up.
the girls do their very best to keep the bord clean, so I stay here and help where needed.
we have actually no new dangers out there on our Tropical Highway.
Isaias is US bound, TD10 will stay near the West African Coast
and the Low with a weak Tropical Wave around 350 miles East of the Leeward Islands should miss the Islands on their NE and noth bother the DR.
due shitty Internet (hopefully solved right after the weekend) i did not take a new look this evening, so the graphic is from mid afternoon.
the Red circle is the positioning of the Low Pressure System, the Blue Line shows the area moved by the Tropical Wave NW
and the Freen Line is the most likely path of the whole system.
conditions are not that bad at all for development, but this one doesn't look anything bothering and anyways we are out of it's way.

2020-08-01_LI.jpg

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Mike I for one and many others are glad your back. Have missed your reports as they are the most informative on the board and much better than the socalled experts. Please continue your forecasting
As far as I'm concerned you should be the only one posting in the Hurricane thread!!!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
With respect to the tropical wave that is currently just east of the leeward islands. It is supposed to develop further before turning north and moving away. Can we expect any affects from this system such as trailing rain bands . I doubt it will be close enough to cause anything other than a breeze that might upset a butterfly if that. I"m not sure how large it is or how big it might get so am wondering if any part of it could affect the DR in any way?

Reactions: GringoRubio

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Mike I for one and many others are glad your back. Have missed your reports as they are the most informative on the board and much better than the socalled experts. Please continue your forecasting
As far as I'm concerned you should be the only one posting in the Hurricane thread!!!

That would be ideal indeed.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I would like to suggest that this thread is moderated in a different way to other threads. Main input from Mike, skip the jokes and gossip, only allow posts relating to the facts, questions to Mike and answers, and stick to a tight agenda. It's going to be a very busy hurricane season. I think I speak for many others in asking for this - obviously other threads are available for those who want to chat. Other forums that I visit have certain threads which are "noise free" and very tightly moderated and this works very well.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as far as agendas go, I have only one, and that's the one that I hate agendas.
gossip and chit chat is the joy in sad times.
IF we get something bad near and the chit chat would make it hard to get the stuff together, then I still could cut it out and only leave the important stuff left to be easy to find.
hey, the agenda of this topic is a simple Dictatorship, so we don't need rules, other than the Dictator's will.
you can see it as a Topic run by the Donald of the Weather, lol
as we have nothing really nearby, I will post a update on the actual situation during the afternoon.

have a great sunday everyone

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
as far as agendas go, I have only one, and that's the one that I hate agendas.
gossip and chit chat is the joy in sad times.
IF we get something bad near and the chit chat would make it hard to get the stuff together, then I still could cut it out and only leave the important stuff left to be easy to find.
hey, the agenda of this topic is a simple Dictatorship, so we don't need rules, other than the Dictator's will.
you can see it as a Topic run by the Donald of the Weather, lol
as we have nothing really nearby, I will post a update on the actual situation during the afternoon.

have a great sunday everyone
Is there a thread thats just todays weather and not about storms and hurricanes? You are the weatherman now.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Is there a thread thats just todays weather and not about storms and hurricanes? You are the weatherman now.
lol.
for Todays Weather you have to leave the comfy sunday couch, walk outside and point your eyes up to the skies,
there you see it 100% accurate.
it would be impossible to do such daily weather short forecast for my own surroundings/PC Area alone, as this wide area alone contains such different regions/patterns on daily weather, for each you would need real eyes to watch and report about it.
let alone to do such for the whole DR with its very different Regions as a whole.
the joys of real unforecasted Life:
hit da Beach and if the Sun burns down on You,
sit in the shade under a tree, grab a cold drink and enjoy watching the Bikinis playing in the water.
if it gets cloudy or rains down on you:
sit dry under the same tree and enjoy a drink with the Bikinis looking for shelter.
you can twist it which ever way you want,
under the line Life is simply Beautiful and enjoyable,
we just have to adjust accordingly ti fit in with the beauty.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
lol.
for Todays Weather you have to leave the comfy sunday couch, walk outside and point your eyes up to the skies,
there you see it 100% accurate.
it would be impossible to do such daily weather short forecast for my own surroundings/PC Area alone, as this wide area alone contains such different regions/patterns on daily weather, for each you would need real eyes to watch and report about it.
let alone to do such for the whole DR with its very different Regions as a whole.
the joys of real unforecasted Life:
hit da Beach and if the Sun burns down on You,
sit in the shade under a tree, grab a cold drink and enjoy watching the Bikinis playing in the water.
if it gets cloudy or rains down on you:
sit dry under the same tree and enjoy a drink with the Bikinis looking for shelter.
you can twist it which ever way you want,
under the line Life is simply Beautiful and enjoyable,
we just have to adjust accordingly ti fit in with the beauty.
Well yes I see. Maybe weekly weather forecast then. Focus just on a few tourist areas.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Lots of weather apps for your phone and lots of weather sites for your computer. I prefer this thread for just storms. I want to easily find mike's offerings and am only really interested in actual conditions elsewhere in the DR for the current storm. Everything else would just be clutter to wade through looking for the important stuff. Too many other threads full of banter and I had to stop reading those due to time constraints. It just takes too long to get through endless posts requoting entire previous posts to find the six or seven original words at the bottom. Just my opinion.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Lots of weather apps for your phone and lots of weather sites for your computer. I prefer this thread for just storms. I want to easily find mike's offerings and am only really interested in actual conditions elsewhere in the DR for the current storm. Everything else would just be clutter to wade through looking for the important stuff. Too many other threads full of banter and I had to stop reading those due to time constraints. It just takes too long to get through endless posts requoting entire previous posts to find the six or seven original words at the bottom. Just my opinion.
Yes you are right.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so here we go for today's afternoon outlook.
TS Isaias I do not watch that closely, as not anywhere near us anymore,
but it has not the super wide range of rainpowers it had while passing PR and DR.
it is wnadering NNW and should turn N then NNE, near the FL and SE US coastlines.
the powers left in Isaias are on it's Eastern parts, away from Land.

TD10 disappeared as awaited.

the only active System "near" our soil is the Invest off the Leeward Islands.
on the 2PM AST Shot it was located a bit less than 200 miles NE of the Leewards.
moving NEwards it should not come any closer to Land while arond the Leewards, PR or Hispañola,
so it is nothing really near for us.

2020-08-02.png

here we see that the environment on it's path is free of dry Saharan Air, thanks to the pass of Isaias,
so this otherwise weak System has good conditions ahead to from a small Storm with the moisture it's Tropical Wave carries around.
chances are big to form TD11, but not today nor tomorrow, more likely Tuesday or Wednesday, when it is already North of the Islands.

2020-08-02 (1).png

the strongest rain areas and almost all Thunderstorm areas are located north of the Surface Low.
if this stays that way we will not feel nothing at all.
it's movement goes NW and should mid week point more to NNWwards,
not coming close to PR, DR nor the Bahamas.
once a Storm/TD formed, most powers should be located on it's North, away from the Greater Antilles/us.

2020-08-02 (2)_LI.jpg

so far nothing bad in vicinity between Africa and the Caribbean.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Weather.com is a good app for local weather - hourly and daily forecasts, weather radar, air quality, a lot of useful info. I tracked Isaias with it. Maybe there are better ones(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.