2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the whole circulatio in the red circle moves westward to wwnw.
it moves fast, but i can't tell the speed exactly, as i do not have set waypoints of a "Center" since hours, as the exact location of such center is not given.
we will get rains but, but the more West it moves the less heavy.
what we should get, starting on the East Shore in maybe 3 hrs time, is strong winds.
Mayaguez had 50mphrs winds and we can expect similar winds to move over the Cape, as the Winds reach out over a very wide area on all eastern sides of the storm(NE, E, SE and S).wewill see where teh formation as a whole thing stands in 2 or 3 hrs.

2020-08-22 (24)_LI.jpg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sorry if I appear stupid but does this mean that we on the North coast will avoid almost all of anything really nasty? Right at this moment there is no wind at all and hasn't been and now even the rain has stopped!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry if I appear stupid but does this mean that we on the North coast will avoid almost all of anything really nasty? Right at this moment there is no wind at all and hasn't been and now even the rain has stopped!
Most of the wind and rain shows on predictions to be between 11 PM tonight and 11 AM tomorrow. The storm has not arrived in our area just yet.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this is from 8:40PM.
what we have here on the East under it is in Veron since 25/30 minutes constant rain(not a heavy downpour).
wind is near nothing, once in a while a light gust, nothing else.
we see soon how it evolves here, so teh rest get's a bit of an idea what may come.
Movement of the whole thing looks so far WWNWwards.

2020-08-22 (25).png

Reactions: Gadfly

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
The storm has not started yet. Just like Covid19; hasn't even begun.

Thanks for the weather reports from all the hours before the event though🙄

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Coson / Las Terrenas quiet to no end.... I'm feeling it won't last

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
shot from 9:40PM.
this moves nothing as shown on NHC and teh center is far from their positioning.
it move's almost straight West, a 280 Degrees WWNW, I would estimate 15mphr minimum as forward speed(but unsure).
we have constant rain on in PC/Veron since i wrote first about it, but it is strong rain now since a while and windgusts mix in.
according to my buddy in CC we have a 15-max topping 20mphr breeze at the Marina channel in Cap Cana.
teh whole wide area you seee on the photo over the SE of DR will due the circulation move further NW and should also reach the noth coast, at least come very close.
the Center of circulation is out over the Caribbean Sea, now around S of San Pedro.

2020-08-22 (26).png

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here in Guayacanes along the shore, we have all committed to staying up this evening. The going gamble is, if the men stay on point, the ladies will cook breakfast.
Nothing more than drizzlies, but it IS oppressively humid.
Pressure? Who knows?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Nothing in Ciudad Nueva right now. little earlier some rain. but right now no rain, and not enough breeze to ruffle your hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.