Pounding all night - some sound like thunder
Puerto Plata this morning
7EE7D3E9-AEAE-4638-825B-C75C08236769.jpeg

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
beautiful surfing wave on calm Seas, fantastic.
here on teh southern tip of the east shores we stay super calm, no waves in sight.
we just have a rainy day since around mid morning today.
coming down constantly, with zero wind, super nice refreshing air, no heat to feel today, i really love the tempsas we have it today.

there is nothing to report from our tropical highway, zero stormy things in the outlook.

111.jpg

Reactions: zoey_kat and etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Will the increase in waves from Teddy have an effect on the rip currents in Sosua Bay?
Sosua Bay are one of the safer beaches.
But people still drown at such places.

There has actually been some drownings and almost drownings the last days, but not at Sosua.
Breaking waves are very powerful and if you do not know or respect that, sad stuff could happen.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you swim in the ocean you have to educate yourself about rip currents and look for the telltale signs especially on a beach with breaking waves at the shoreline. Sometimes with all the garbage in the water it is pretty easy to spot trash moving away from the beach. That would be a good area to avoid.

Reactions: Brooklin and etolw

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
beautiful surfing wave on calm Seas, fantastic.
here on teh southern tip of the east shores we stay super calm, no waves in sight.
we just have a rainy day since around mid morning today.
coming down constantly, with zero wind, super nice refreshing air, no heat to feel today, i really love the tempsas we have it today.

there is nothing to report from our tropical highway, zero stormy things in the outlook.

View attachment 3415
Mike do you think we are at the end of the season now? What are the chances of another storm?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I cringe when I recall that Hurricane Sandy hit us October 29th. I’m afraid we have weeks to go. 😱

Had to look that one up. Yowser! :eek:

Hurricane Sandy was the largest Atlantic hurricane on record, as well as the second-costliest Atlantic hurricane in history, only surpassed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. The eighteenth named storm and tenth hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, Hurricane Sandy devastated portions of the Caribbean, Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States (Figure 1) in late October 2012. Sandy is estimated to have caused damage of at least $20 billion. Preliminary estimates of losses that include business interruption surpass $50 billion, behind only Hurricane Katrina. At least 191 people were killed along the path of the storm in seven countries.

Hurricane Sandy affected at least 24 states, from Florida to Maine (Figure 2) and west to Michigan and Wisconsin, with particularly severe damage in New Jersey and New York. Its storm surge hit New York City on October 29, flooding streets, tunnels and subway lines and cutting power in and around the city.

• Sad
Reactions: cavok and AlterEgo

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I read today this is a "nap" and October is expected to be active again like what we have seen in the past weeks. So, it is not over, just a break unfortunately. :(

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
@MikeFisher

Cause their explination sounds like it has been run thru NOAA and a black marker was used to expand whatever. What is your take on this explination.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...he-sea-in-the-tourist-area-of-​​las-terrenas/

Mind you , going back to what I was taught in grade school , water has to evenly dispearse. Factor in that over the last 3-7 years alone , we have maybe the equivalent of two contients floating in the ocean and melting ( can''t call them icebergs when they are the size of some countries and states)? So hopefully you can provide some feed back .

Reactions: cavok

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
@MikeFisher

Cause their explination sounds like it has been run thru NOAA and a black marker was used to expand whatever. What is your take on this explination.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2020/09/27/the-cause-of-the-inundation-of-the-sea-in-the-tourist-area-of-las-terrenas/

Mind you , going back to what I was taught in grade school , water has to evenly dispearse. Factor in that over the last 3-7 years alone , we have maybe the equivalent of two contients floating in the ocean and melting ( can''t call them icebergs when they are the size of some countries and states)? So hopefully you can provide some feed back .
sorry, i don't read DominicanToday.
IMHO it is a shit source providing super bad transltions of the originally spanish news.
it is absolutely not worth any time spend to read that source.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah, to hear nothing from me is usually a good sign, lol.
but also suprised that I did not receive a single email notification about a new post on this Topic here over the weekend,
or I would have answered earlier to above questions, weird.

as far as our stormy season goes, we are by far not throught, we have just managed almost half of our peak season time and many more weeks ahead of us.
actually there is a little break on waves moving along the highway, less waves means less chances to mingles with a surface Low to start some movement.
I would guess we will see a good number of more storms starting next week to pop up for an other month from then.

at this moment we are all quiet, a area of disturbed weather expected to pop up over the Western Caribbean Sea is the only movement awaited for the next days.
here on the Island we should for most part stay on hot calm summer time conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.