Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
even that i do not like local specific forecasts,
our (here on teh East at least) actual, rainy (short but hard rains on/off) looks like it will last til after the weekend at least.
right now it is raining down hard on me.
zero wind involved, but a good watering since a few minutes.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
even that i do not like local specific forecasts,
our (here on teh East at least) actual, rainy (short but hard rains on/off) looks like it will last til after the weekend at least.
right now it is raining down hard on me.
zero wind involved, but a good watering since a few minutes.
Here on the North coast as well, short but watering showers. Good because these showers are welcomed to avoid draught:)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this water vapor loops show's as a over all outlook(not for specific small araes) quiet well what raincells are moving around.
they move in general from E-W/E-WNW, so looking on the area from East of the Antilles into the Caribbean Sea S of PR, give's an good idea abut High Chances to No Need to Water the Garden during this weekend.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Here on the North coast as well, short but watering showers. Good because these showers are welcomed to avoid draught:)
exactly.
several times per week such showers would be the ideal situation for our water needs.
sure, if it comes down during the night is appreciated, but we can't always have it all, lol.
I personally like the fresh air to breath during such days, way better than a full power heating day.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yellow1 will not develop anything anywhere near DR.
sure some isolated areas can get some good rain out of it,
but overall nothing to worry about on our soil.
from here to Arica all looks fine so far, which is a bit of a surprise to me,
as I awaited it to produce more action this week,
but nothing happened aside of TD25 in the western caribbean sea
and the harmless Invest actually S of the La Romana area far south in the Eastern Caribbean Sea.

have a great weekend everyone,
i don't expect to get news up the next couple days.

2020-10-02.png

Reactions: zoey_kat

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
now te map get's nice busy again with 4 systems up today.

TS Gamma is for Yucatan.

the one S of Hispaniola is also on it's way to there.

the system E of Bermuda get's no chance to deveop, as it run's into high windshear and will disappear soon.

the System mid highway is tracking NW and will hit also into the wall of high windshear.

no dangers out there for this weekend

strong windshear shield for us
2020-10-03.png
2020-10-03 (1)_LI.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-10-03 (1).png
    2020-10-03 (1).png
    3.5 MB · Views: 174

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
after a nice wash out this weekend here on teh East, a long day had in Capital today without any specialties.
German Embasy worked like charm again for the renewal of my baby girl's EU Passport.

with Tropical Storms Delta and Gammaup and running in the western caribbean sea,
we are in danger to run this year out of letters form the Greek Alphabet,
as we still should have an other 5 weeks or so to go til 2020season's end.

while the strog windshear around our Island and East of the Antilles is moving out,
we have now finally again a nice thick layer of dry Saharan Air over the Eastern Tropicl Atlantic,
so what ever would pop up far out there this wek, should get a hard time to develop to higher powers.

all looks fine for far for Paradise Island
and we can't complain about any drought conditions this time of teh year so far

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
after a nice wash out this weekend here on teh East, a long day had in Capital today without any specialties.
German Embasy worked like charm again for the renewal of my baby girl's EU Passport.

with Tropical Storms Delta and Gammaup and running in the western caribbean sea,
we are in danger to run this year out of letters form the Greek Alphabet,
as we still should have an other 5 weeks or so to go til 2020season's end.

while the strog windshear around our Island and East of the Antilles is moving out,
we have now finally again a nice thick layer of dry Saharan Air over the Eastern Tropicl Atlantic,
so what ever would pop up far out there this wek, should get a hard time to develop to higher powers.

all looks fine for far for Paradise Island
and we can't complain about any drought conditions this time of teh year so far

It is becoming boring, isn't it? :sleep::cool::rolleyes::sneaky::p:D

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
For the past two days it has been chilly in the early mornings. See temperatures dropping to 21 C in places that normally wake up to 24C+. Suppose this is a consequence of the rain systems. It is a blessing from the hot summer weather.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
For the past two days it has been chilly in the early mornings. See temperatures dropping to 21 C in places that normally wake up to 24C+. Suppose this is a consequence of the rain systems. It is a blessing from the hot summer weather.

21 degrees is chilly huh?

Reactions: I love Azua

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The Washington Post writes on the outlook for hurricanes in October:

"During October, wind shear — or a change of wind speed and/or direction with height — begins to ramp up over the central and eastern Atlantic. That can tear a system apart before it develops. And the chain of African Easterly Waves that seed storm development begins to peter out his time of year, shutting down the hurricane factory."

MikeFisher can say if all of our hurricanes come from that African easterly waves. Probably there are exceptions, but I understand that most have in the past.

In October and November, we have had Olga and Noel, but they are exceptions.

From what I am reading, the storms seem to be more aggressive in the western part affecting Central America, Mexico and southern US.

Cancún has just taken a big hit from Hurricane Delta. Several of the companies that sell trips to Cancun also do to the Dominican Republic, mainly Punta Cana. We could see some of those Mexican-headed tourists here.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed the weather will continue as pleasant as it is now.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah,
for us DR Islanders all looks perfectly fine.
while conditions over the Caribbean Sea and East of the Lesser Antilles are actually quiet in favor of storm development
the shown Yellow Cross should not be able to do nay harm to us or our near surroundings.
it is expected to form during or after the weekend, still way East of the Lesser Antilles,
so this Wave is too late, as by next week the actually N of the Greater Antilles hanging Windshear will have moved down
and assure that nothing will bother us during early - mid next week, most likely for all of next week long.

as Dolores mentioned yesterday, for next week and maybe already the reminder of the Season,
the areas for storm development are the SE of the USA, the Gulf of Mexico and the Western Caribbean Sea.
none of those areas would produce danger for us over here in DR.
and we are now not starting to discuss very rare exceptions like the famous "wrong way Lenny" and alikes.

we look for this week and the coming weekend perfectly fine with the same for the first half of next week.
chances are high that the Trend of southward moving Windshear will stick to the Caribbean,
which then would mean that nothing could bother us again this season.
as SST temps bene this year hot above avaerage early, I expected a long running season, but at the moment it looks the opposite,
it looks like we may call it a day very soon.

btw,
21C is more than chilly, it is Freezing Cold Winter sh..it, lol.

20201009_185006.jpg

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Alter Ego/Mod,
again i did not get email notifications about above posts from yesterday.
it happened the same a week ago.
of course I have the Topic on "Watch", but no notification about any DR1 subscribed topic of mine received the last several days.
something seems sometimes not work correct on the notification front.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Alter Ego/Mod,
again i did not get email notifications about above posts from yesterday.
it happened the same a week ago.
of course I have the Topic on "Watch", but no notification about any DR1 subscribed topic of mine received the last several days.
something seems sometimes not work correct on the notification front.

I sent a request to Waitman, asking him to look into it. He’s the software expert 😊

Update: Mike, I sent you a message.

Reactions: MikeFisher
Status
Not open for further replies.