Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks.
about this one from you I received the email notification right away.
but then for days i get none, about none of the topics i am subscribed to.
and of course they do not end up in my spam-folder, i check that one several times per day.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
thanks.
about this one from you I received the email notification right away.
but then for days i get none, about none of the topics i am subscribed to.
and of course they do not end up in my spam-folder, i check that one several times per day.

Mike, I think when you get a notification, if you don't click through and read the post on the site, it doesn't send you more notifications. As soon as you click through and read the thread on the site, then it starts giving you notifications again. At least that's how it works for me. And it works that way on other forums I use as well.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike, I think when you get a notification, if you don't click through and read the post on the site, it doesn't send you more notifications. As soon as you click through and read the thread on the site, then it starts giving you notifications again. At least that's how it works for me. And it works that way on other forums I use as well.
thanks for that hint, thats a possibility here, but taht would be a bad feature'.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
just so nobody fears that I left on vacations or such,
I am here and observing, but as awaited, there is nothing to report.
and we will staythe same fine for the next days to come.
the Tropical Wave East of the Windward Islands is only around 800 miles off the Islands, but nothing happened and nothing will happen with that one.
as talked last week, the windshear belt moved S/SE and is since already yesterday a full protectionshield East of the Lesser Antilles.
no stormy system from that side would get a chance to develop for more days to come.
this fall so far provide's ourIsland with somewelcome water, at least here on the East we have at least one nice strong shower per day/night,
a pattern which hopefully will continueduring this winter, so we won't start spring/summer season under near drought conditions again next year.

I await our weather topic to be a boring near emty thing til season's end,
and that's GOOOOD!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
With a little luck my new Generator will be a coffee table ornament.

• Haha

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
good that you remind me of that.
I have to take my Honda out to let it run, didn't start it for a test run since already 2 months, lol.
Mine is sitting with an empty tank and a maintenance charger all ready to go.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The NHC is calling for gusty winds and rain for Hispaniola on Friday from that tropical wave that thankfully didn't grow up. Hope there is no flooding. Mike may be able to tell us what the water load may be like.

Reactions: Caonabo

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the NHC's expectation of a system forming ESE of Bermuda in a few days almost looked intreguing to get some action.
Windshear has between there and DR for some days a smooth corridor open and there is no SAL in the atmosphere,
so conditions are good to allow development.
but steering currents, to bring such thing SOUTH and SSW, are very weak.
if the area of disturbed weather get's some organization, then it still wouldmove ahead very slow, almost stay stationary.
I don't think anything will reach far enough to come close to DR, but it will be watched.

there is no kind of danger around our Island

20201016_103250.jpg

Reactions: jstarebel

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
The NHC is calling for gusty winds and rain for Hispaniola on Friday from that tropical wave that thankfully didn't grow up. Hope there is no flooding. Mike may be able to tell us what the water load may be like.
The Emergency Operations Center (COE) reported this Friday that a tropical wave moves over the central part of the Dominican territory and interacts with a trough that is projected over the southeastern part of the country.

During the development of the night, both phenomena will continue generating cloudy with showers or showers, occasional thunderstorms without ruling out possible gusts of wind over the regions; east, northeast, southeast, central mountain range and the border zone that in some points could extend, even in the early morning, the entity indicated.

In this sense, the COE issued a green alert level for possible sudden or gradual urban floods, as well as the overflow of rivers, streams and ravines over the Monte Plata, El Seibo, San Cristóbal, Hato Mayor, La Altagracia provinces, Peravia, San Pedro de Macorís, La Romana, Azua, Monsignor Nouel, La Vega, San José de Ocoa, Santo Domingo and the National District.

alerta_14998474_20201016200159.jpg

Reactions: Caonabo

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we received nothing significant here on the east, a efw short showers, nothing to speak about.

the Low SE of Bermuda will most likely form a Storm very soon, it should happen late today or tomorrow.
most likely it will be a Sub Tropical Storm Formation.

the area is still completely calm, free of steering currents,
so we can expect that such storm stays in that area for a while, barely moving anywhere.
the area to form is located far out of the NE off the Northernmost Leeward Islands
and should not become any threat for Hispañola.

we will see what is out there later tomorrow.
Now off for sunday afternoon fun everyone.

20201018_120556.jpg

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
TS Epsilon is born.
it is barely moving due leak of steering winds
and it is located in the middle of a very hostile environment.
as the storm is stationary, exact tracking is very difficult.
by the surrounding trends steering currents should push it on pace towards Bermuda, with high uncertainty on direction at this time.
as far as powers go it will not become a super storm the next days.
the hostile environment should limit it to a TS or maybe a Cat1 cyclone, nothing more.

it will not get any trend to wander SouthWest towards the Central Antilles/Hispañola,
so our sweet Island Life will stay as it is.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
steering currents are up and Epsilon is on the move.
it's tracking should not bring danger to any inhabited areas.
by the actual patterns it will be a "weak" Hurricane Cat1 missing Bermuda far out on the East.
a case for the Hurricane Graveyard, open atlantic withot troubles anywhere.

Reactions: CDNBear
Status
Not open for further replies.