2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
steering currents are up and Epsilon is on the move.
it's tracking should not bring danger to any inhabited areas.
by the actual patterns it will be a "weak" Hurricane Cat1 missing Bermuda far out on the East.
a case for the Hurricane Graveyard, open atlantic without troubles anywhere.

We just want the rain (water tanks), and our beach sand back....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
TS or Hurricane Epsilon will not bring a drop to our soil, it will not influence our local weather.
But we have still plenty of moisture moving in and through our area coming from the western caribbean, so our tanks will keep a healthy level.
nothing over the top but healthy needed stuff.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
cool ride.
and Epsilon developed surpisingly powerful.
i did not see it gaining such high powers, but i didn't search for details on it anyways.
a Tracking away from us is always enough of necessary data about a storm.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
after the short busy time frame we had, the season went boring with nothing new.
a look on the conditions over the tropical atantic show that we can call it a day/season,
there should not be forming anything else this year East of the Caribbean, the time for big boys/gals is over.
by actual conditions and the forecast on trends i would also say there will not be anything esle near/around our island for this year.
windshear is all around a 30+ knots, All Around, under such conditons nothing will start any development, not even some small baby pop ups.
sure i keep an eye on the over all thng as usual, but i do not await anything of importance to us Islanders for this season.
we can stuff it in til next year's season, hopefully less virus infected.

let the cattle back out to enjoy their real freedom in a real free country
without any fucking SOE or Curfew in the new year.
I wish the same non virus stereed politics for other countries once their elections finished.
and I pray (as a full non believer in any darn religion)that we find next week a suitable solution to a start into the new school year, which looks a real big mess and failure to date all around, a theme thats to me way more important than which one of the 2 evils will be elected elsewhere.

cheers til next season

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
after the short busy time frame we had, the season went boring with nothing new.
a look on the conditions over the tropical atantic show that we can call it a day/season,
there should not be forming anything else this year East of the Caribbean, the time for big boys/gals is over.
by actual conditions and the forecast on trends i would also say there will not be anything esle near/around our island for this year.
windshear is all around a 30+ knots, All Around, under such conditons nothing will start any development, not even some small baby pop ups.
sure i keep an eye on the over all thng as usual, but i do not await anything of importance to us Islanders for this season.

I wish the same non virus stereed politics for other countries once their elections finished.
and I pray (as a full non believer in any darn religion)that we find next week a suitable solution to a start into the new school year, which looks a real big mess and failure to date all around, a theme thats to me way more important than which one of the 2 evils will be elected elsewhere.

cheers til next season

Mike I always spend every October waiting for your All Clear post. What a pleasure to read this. Thank you for all your hard work this season, we are very lucky to have you.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

cheers til next season
Today I went to the ferreteria with Tuly (my worker who has to drive me now due to my seriously failing eyesight due to cataracts) and bought loads of new wood and zinc sheets to repair the roof on my workers casita and am very grateful to think that there will be no further viscious storms this season which may have destroyed their home. Thank you Mike for all your help and advice during this season.

Reactions: MikeFisher

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

cheers til next season

I like boring hurricane seasons.. November is right around the corner, and the time to head to St. Kitts to retrieve my mistress is thankfully almost upon us.. Cheers to you Mr. Mike and the wonderful job you do here keeping everyone informed.. BTW, Love seeing the photos of Sona Island adventures your crew is offering..

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Thanks for all the great advice Mike!
I had no idea we could already start focusing on the upcoming festivities and put this year's storm season behind us.

Cheers till next season and the sooner we get 2020 in the back mirror the better. Hoping for a better year to come.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Today I went to the ferreteria with Tuly (my worker who has to drive me now due to my seriously failing eyesight due to cataracts) and bought loads of new wood and zinc sheets to repair the roof on my workers casita and am very grateful to think that there will be no further viscious storms this season which may have destroyed their home. Thank you Mike for all your help and advice during this season.
There are a lot of good ophthamologists here in the DR doing cataract surgery at reasonable prices. There was a thread on this with recommendations from those who have had it done, including me. Go get it done. You'll be glad you did.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am so glad you came back to shepherd us through this busy storm season. Your voice of calm and rational approach to storm tracking is a big help and comfort for many of us. It is nice to know where these storms are going to go before they do. You were missed during your hiatus earlier this year.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There are a lot of good ophthamologists here in the DR doing cataract surgery at reasonable prices. There was a thread on this with recommendations from those who have had it done, including me. Go get it done. You'll be glad you did.
Thanks. I will do so when I can afford it.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as i know some start to get nervous when the NHC pops up a "Disturbance",
there is for us Islanders nothing to worry about the Tropical Wave, which is producing strong showers and winds while moving towards the southern Windward Islands since a couple days.
it is simply a Tropical Wave carrying heavy weather E-W.
it will enter the Eastern Caribbean Sea today on a southernmost Path and crossing the Caribbean Sea there along the Noth Shores of the S American Continent.
the Eastern Caribbean Sea is under heavy windshear and nothing will develop while it crossses towards the Western Caribbean Sea/towards the S of Yucatan.
in the Western Caribbean Sea, way after it passed our soil, some chances for development are given, but no need to check long range forecasts there, as it will be a Mexican thing then.
for the DR we will stay under light clouds and we will continue to receive much appreciated rainfalls also during this coming weekend, always very different on amounts depending on different areas.

there is No Stormy Danger anywhere out there for US.

Cheers

2020-10-29.png

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
TD29 is born and should show up on the NHC outlook soon.
it will not be a danger noron a way to our Island,
but some good watering, specially along the south shores, can be awaited thisweekend, as we anyways awaited.

cheers

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The NHC is calling for catastrophic damage from Eta in Central America with a storm surge of up to 21 feet above normal in some places. Not a good place to be at this time. I feel for the people who have to live through the storm and its aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.