2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah, it went up from scratch to a mayor catastrophe in no time.
the flooding by this storm surge, with heaviest rainfalls on top of it, is around the maximum destruction a storm could have as powers when swapping on land.
sorry that i don't follow up much on the occurances away from DR, as at the moment the whole school stuff and it's run arounds keep me busy aside of the regular work to do.
good luck for central america, it is a very tough run for the area.
by later tomorrow the far eastern tail of Eta should stop to bring more water to DR.
we had here on the East yesterday all afternoon almost constant rain and it continued til very late night with a very good watering.
I can't tell about the South of DR, specially SCentral and SW, as I imagine that there you guys got more than we had here on the far East.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Weather for the north coast called for almost continual rain yesterday and today but not very much fell at all if any. I was looking forward to a good soaking to wash away the dust and accumulated detritus. So far just clouds, those keep the house a bit cooler so there is that.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here so far today we been under clouds, but no more rain nor thunder around myself.
Offshore Sea is still a wild thing, even that it came down from the super rogh conditions over the weekend.
my partner brought the 53Ftér yesterday from Cap Cana up north to Rio San Juan, that was quiet a wild ride and a bumpy night on board at Anker, lol.
at the moment we have here on the East zero wind (I am now up in Veron, not at the Marina/Beach), it is cloudy but full calmness in the air.
this usually is promising a chnage back to normal.
tomorrow it should be way calmer on the Ocean, the South around Saona very fine and also good to restart fishing charters over here.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
tobight/early morning the final pieces should move throug/out of DR.
here you can follow the atcual harder cells

here, on the PR Radar Site on the weather underground, you can see that the East of DR clears up and no more heavy stuff to be seen east of DR.
you have to press"animate" on the left top of the image to see the animation of the last 60 minutes radar coverage as a animation.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here you see the powerfull eyewall of a mayor hurricane on landfall.
Eta is still running 120Knots of max windpowers and moves dangerously slow West/Landinward.
I never been in Nicaragua and can't tell how populated the area is, but what ever is in this eye's way will get a super blow.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
About 90% of Nicaragua's population lives in the east but there are two sizeable towns on the west coast, Bluefields and Puerto Cabezas.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this formerHUrricane and nowagain TS Eta is a real biach.
seldom did a tropical formation, which didnot even pay us any visit, influence our Island weather for such a long time frame.
the other rarity:
a Hurricane, which did a full hot to central america from NE-SW,
bouncing back and then wandering NE !!!! to supposedly then cross Cuba and finally even do alandfall in southern Florida.
I don't remember such unusual change of tracking.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
About 90% of Nicaragua's population lives in the east but there are two sizeable towns on the west coast, Bluefields and Puerto Cabezas.
...been to bluefields on the way to corn island.. that was years ago... looked back then that a hurricane had just been there...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
...been to bluefields on the way to corn island.. that was years ago... looked back then that a hurricane had just been there...
There was a really bad hurricane there in 1998 - Hurricane Mitch. One of the worst on record(Cat 5). It battered the Honduran Coast for about three days and totally devastated Roatan and the other Bay Islands as well as the north coast of Honduras. A sailing schooner was sunk killing 31 crew members aboard.

Reactions: USA DOC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a really bad hurricane there in 1998 - Hurricane Mitch. One of the worst on record(Cat 5). It battered the Honduran Coast for about three days and totally devastated Roatan and the other Bay Islands as well as the north coast of Honduras. A sailing schooner was sunk killing 31 crew members aboard.
Yes, I was involved in the disaster response.

Reactions: cavok

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I would say ths Storm Eta is running the most weirdest zick zack tracking I ever saw(as far as i would remember at this moment).
and it pretty sure will become a Hurricane again over the very favorable waters of the eastern gulf of mexico.
this one is quiet some extra bad biach and it will keep us over here cloduy/rainy for a couple more days.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we had here at my place in Veron all last night and this morning a full watering.
luckily aroudn Saona Island all stayed fine, as I have a group down there today again, lol.
today i was pretty sure we hav eto cancel, but the captain in Bayahibe said it looks fine and luckily he was right.
we left Cap Cana with teh geusts in full downpour all the way along teh Coral Highway.
this winter our water reservoirs should be on perfect levels for next spring and summer, to pass 2021 without any drought conditions.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
these early winter weather patterns are not willing to give us a dry phase any time soon this winter.
while still under the wet/cloudy influence of TS Eta's far SW bands,
we can already look forward to some wet times due a tropical waves reaching the central caribbean sea mid week,
where chances are very likely to mingle with a surface low by this coming weekend.
that's exactly the constellation which then started the long ETA run.

the central and western caribbean sea are fee of windshear and provide favorale conditions for quick developments.
it will again not happen on any way towards DR, but Eta wasn't on such tracking, neither, but managed to fock up our weather for quiet a while now, from afar away.

Screenshot (35).png

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
we had here at my place in Veron all last night and this morning a full watering.
luckily aroudn Saona Island all stayed fine, as I have a group down there today again, lol.
today i was pretty sure we hav eto cancel, but the captain in Bayahibe said it looks fine and luckily he was right.
we left Cap Cana with teh geusts in full downpour all the way along teh Coral Highway.
this winter our water reservoirs should be on perfect levels for next spring and summer, to pass 2021 without any drought conditions.
...Full reservoirs is great.. the water company here in Santiago is charging much more as of late...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
...Full reservoirs is great.. the water company here in Santiago is charging much more as of late...
I have really no idea how they set their prices, as we here have our own pumps, so we do not buy water from teh community compnies.
we have much more water to expect
and the Ocean, already nothing calm since a long while, will even go wilder the next days.
offshore fishing is this year so far really full nuked, aside of some very few weeks we had with good calm days so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.