2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Breaking News! New 3 letter names just announced that will be added to next year's Hurricane List. WTH / WTF / IDK / LOL / SMH will be added after Wanda.
I was reading that and thinking "Why in the world would they use those" for a few seconds until it hit me.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and as prior mentioned/assumed,
our weather will stay "sh.itty" for a while of many more days to add.
the far ESEern pressure of TS Eta will keep the forward movement of the Tropical Wave over the Eastern Caribbean Sea, right S of PR, very slow.
so the water/clouds etc of that Wave will pass E-W very slowly forward,
to assure that PR and DR will get the maximum joy of any available cloudness and/or waterloads out of that one.
as so many areas of DR are already filled up and flooding everything, this watering isn't any funny anymore.
good amounts of regular rainfalls this time of the year are important and welcome,
but now we are going way over the top of what is welcome and safe.
teh result this weekend will very likely be the next named storm on the Map forming somewhere SW of DR or more into the Western Caribbean Sea.
the influence of ETA make's it difficult to set a "most likely awaited area of formation".
at least the different pressure ridges should assure that this system can not move northwards while anywhere near DR,
it will/should wander straight W or even WWSWwards, very similar as the last system walked, which then became TS Eta.

stay dry

Reactions: caribmike

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
JD,
Time stands still for no one. I'm still looking forward to the end of the current season before having to entertain thoughts about next year's.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as the influence of TS Eta is declining,
the Tropical Wave South of DR starts moving forward quicker.
here on the east so far we have a sunny day today,
but it is likely that parts of DR get tonight and during tomorrow some rain out of it.
amounts are hard to predict. the system is not far out reaching at the moment, but it looks well organized and should be a TD or TS soon somewhere SW of DR on it's way into the western caribbean sea.
condtions there are good for development, so IF it becomes a gig thing, as Eta did on exact the same path last weekend, then everyhing is possible and more heavy rainn could be pushed over to DR.
if it moves out and does not become a big strong storm, then by this weekend we should be all nice clear to get a tan on da beach.

• Love
Reactions: Brooklin

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I think that most areas will have some sun with others having some rain and changing in a 24 hour period. But no one really knows... until Mike says so.

I also think that it will darker later today followed by some light in a few hours. Seams to be a pattern?

Thanks Mike.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On the north coast.... we have been drenched.... drowned

My inverters acted up.... humidity and their heat caused wacky condensation...
shorting out the circuit boards

A real PITA...........

Feb 7, 2007
So we've got a Tropical Storm IOTA expected to become a Major Hurricane when it hits Central America in less than 3 days.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's sadly a maximum powers perfect storm approaching the NE shores of Nicaragua now.
the system is running the maximum possible powers, storm surge AND windpowers will sadly be a maximum of possible destruction powers.
and that after the just passed Eta, which's damages not been cleaned up, yet.
Attention:
we alredy have a "NEXT" low forming in the SWern Caribbena Sea.
conditions in the wake of Iota are as best as possible, so there is a high chance to get an other one forming up there before the coming weekend.
here's All Fingers Crossed for all the people living over there in the Nicaraguan/Honduran border area, in the path of those phenomenons.
as for any other area in the wide Basin, nothing could come up, the season is over since a while,
with exception of the Western/Southwestern Caribbean Sea, which keeps unknown long top storm development conditions up,
while the tropical atlantic, eastern caribbean sea and even the gulf of mexico are calmed down, running highest windshears etc.
the only eception on the whole Map would be a few hundred miles out of the NE of the Leeward Islands, where conditions are still favorable in case of any disturbed weather popping up there.
but that area is so small, that such happening can be discarted.

all the best for central america, they really can need any assitance and all the luck of the world now.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
that's sadly a maximum powers perfect storm approaching the NE shores of Nicaragua now.
the system is running the maximum possible powers, storm surge AND windpowers will sadly be a maximum of possible destruction powers.
and that after the just passed Eta, which's damages not been cleaned up, yet.
Attention:
we alredy have a "NEXT" low forming in the SWern Caribbena Sea.
conditions in the wake of Iota are as best as possible, so there is a high chance to get an other one forming up there before the coming weekend.
here's All Fingers Crossed for all the people living over there in the Nicaraguan/Honduran border area, in the path of those phenomenons.
as for any other area in the wide Basin, nothing could come up, the season is over since a while,
with exception of the Western/Southwestern Caribbean Sea, which keeps unknown long top storm development conditions up,
while the tropical atlantic, eastern caribbean sea and even the gulf of mexico are calmed down, running highest windshears etc.
the only eception on the whole Map would be a few hundred miles out of the NE of the Leeward Islands, where conditions are still favorable in case of any disturbed weather popping up there.
but that area is so small, that such happening can be discarted.

all the best for central america, they really can need any assitance and all the luck of the world now.

There but for the grace of God go we. Horrible situation

Reactions: Cdn_Gringo

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no slow down of anything,
this is a so named perfect storm and it is hitting on it's top/peak point of powers, we are talking 160+mphr of sustained windspeeds.
such windpowers can even challenge solid cement structures.
the Eye is wide and the eyewall is completely closed.
Landfall is happening as we speak and nothing will be over quick, it is moving on just 7-8mphr forward and a slowdown can be expected over land.
the windfield is huge sized and will bring Tropical Storm Winds over All Honduras and over the Northern 2/3rd of Nicaragua.
as if such exceptional rare landfall windpowers would not be enough, the torrential rainfalls will top any dangers.
rainfalls of high level can be expected to continue til late Thursday over grounds which are already saturated/flooded on high levels due Eta's pass.
this is sadly a exceptionally destructive storm formation.

Screenshot (36).png

Reactions: cavok

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Very unusual looking hurricane with so much weather/wind on the west side and the eye displaced to the east side.
the eye is placed slightly South of the exact Center of the Windfield,
which is the normal best position on a storm running E-W rotating counter clockwise,
as such storm has the highest windpowers to be measured in it's northern quadrant.
it does not carry more/stronger winds on it's West than on it's East.
it only look's like such displacement because the storm carries it's heaviest Waterloads in front of the storm/West.
but the windpower structure of this one is perfectly formed, the control center is a super powerful closed eyewall around a wide center/eye
which is running tropical storm force winds to a equally distance on all sides of the storm, a round Windfield.
and during the hours of slowly approaching Land it did not loose the slightest bit of powers.
this is a perfect storm machine.

2020-11-16_LI.jpg

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Oh, ok. I was referring to how it "looked" in the first image you posted. I just saw some other earlier videos where the eye did appear to be almost perfectly centered. Maybe the interaction with land gave it that lopsided appearance(?).

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
There but for the grace of God go we. Horrible situation
At the risk of deletion by the monitor ... I've heard similar phrases all to often.
Did anyone stop to think that the people who got hit hadn't prayed too?
Gods work starts after the fact, when we do all we can to help.

Note by the Dictatorship of this Topic:
this topic is about the weather and DR1 does not allow religion discussions in general.
If praying would be of any help, nothing bad would ever happen.
I don't like much to delete things,
so I leave this here for others to not repeat the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
centered in the middle of the landmass and still powerful 50-60Knots TS Force Winds spread out over a very wide area.
this storm came in and hit as bad as any storm could do.
I am in school class, did not read any news today, so i don't know how bad it went there as fact,
but this was the maximum power a tropical cyclone could bring with a immense storm surge raking up the coastline for very long hours.

2020-11-17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.