2021 Hurricane Season

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
by tomorrow Noon it should be on the 15th North.
it is a powerful and very slow forward moving Hurricane.
such 150,phr max sustained winds need to be kept alive, such need's a slow moving perfectly running windmachine.
the Heading didchange during the last 4 hrs more Northwards/Turning "UP on the Map".
Heading is now NW.
This Strong and slow moving thing will be on our Map as a Mayor Hurricane All Week long.
steering patterns bring such System, which reaches high up into the Atmosphere, on a NW Tracking and the more West it come's the more towards the North it will turn.
it moves very slow forward, but by next weekend it should already head NNW on the turn to N then.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Feb 7, 2007
There are two more systems west of Africa in red development on the NHC scaremap. What has me worried is that Sam may just make and clear the way for either of the two.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There are two more systems west of Africa in red development on the NHC scaremap. What has me worried is that Sam may just make and clear the way for either of the two.

I was thinking that too. That's when we need Mike to calm our nerves

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Further confirmation of a 'non-event'

Hurricane Sam, a Category 4 Storm, Is Expected to Weaken​

The hurricane is not expected to pose a major threat to land as it moves west across the Atlantic, forecasters say.

27xp-sam-articleLarge.jpg

Hurricane Sam, a Category 4 storm, was expected to weaken this week, according to forecasters.

Hurricane Sam, a Category 4 storm, was expected to weaken this week, according to forecasters.Credit...NOAA
By The New York Times
Sept. 27, 2021, 6:28 a.m. ET
Hurricane Sam, a Category 4 storm described by forecasters as “small but ferocious,” was projected to remain a major hurricane for several more days but was not expected to have a major impact on land.
Packing maximum sustained winds of 130 miles per hour, Sam is one of the strongest hurricanes in a busy 2021 Atlantic hurricane season. It formed Thursday in the central Atlantic, the fourth named storm to develop in less than a week and the 18th this year.
But it was far away from land as of 5 a.m. Monday, about 800 miles east-southeast of the Northern Leeward Islands in the eastern Caribbean, according to the National Hurricane Center. There were no coastal watches or warnings in effect, and forecasters said the only hazards affecting land would be potentially life-threatening swells reaching the Lesser Antilles starting Monday.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Screenshot (87)_LI.jpg

as said from the beginning, Hurricane Sam is steered by forces which could not bring it anywhere near the DR.
it istracking on slow forward speed since yesterday afternoon on a clear NW Heading, following the directions forced on it mostly by positioningand move of the North Atlantic High and resulting heading patterns out of the constellation.
it will shw a more Westward tracking for a short while mid week tracking WNW,
then steeply turning NW, NNW and N.
it will even miss the Bermuda Region by a very far distance due the steep turning to follow the id and higher Atmosphere's directions/steering winds.
It should come quiet precicely onthe line/path whichthe remaints of form TS Peter are walkingright now.
Orange Cross is the Remaints of Peter.
Green Lineis the path Hurricane Sam will go.
once arriving up there,with way less powers than now, it will wander NE-wards loosing all poers and dying far away from any Land.

The Disturbance which just Now hit's Atlantic Waters very far South of the 10thN, is way too early to talk about.
It will take a couple days to see if forming a storm will be possible/in the makes and what direction it will go,
as by now nowbody could mark a Location for the unification of the disturbedweather and the tropical wave to carry it somewhere.

the Disturbance shown as a Red Cross next to Sam:
this is nothing at this moment, as it is still centered far below the 10thN, so no spin will start to take place there and collect moisture etc.
but it def i a heavy weather area, such always contain's potential to start the forming of a storm, once the conditions are favorrable.
this disturbanceis pushed W-WNW by a typical tropical wave and should reach or cross the 10thNorth later this week,
somewhere Thursday/Friday, hard to tell precise, as the forward speed is not watched to be taken exactly, as there is no center to mark, yet.
late this week, once it comes above the 10thN, the usual spinning/collecting of misture and TS areas can begin.
that far South on the Western Tropical Atlantic we have actually nothing of dry air masses and no wind shear to speak of,
so once it come's on the 10thN and has still it's nasty weather caraters shown, then a Storm could form.
there is now way to tell how strong such should become, it is now just crystal ball future guessing.
in a few days we will see what iscoming up there or we may see that is just goe's "pooof" into the past rumors trashcan.

so far, as usual for DR/specially PC,
we had a smooth run during a well active Season
Tomorrow in a week I will hit the Island again, after a 9 weeks of Joy on the otha side of the Big Water.
I am looking forward to the missing Sunrays and it will be time to plan the upcoming Turkey Week for End November, lol.
so that Stormy Season weather better show's to come to an end soon.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Talking about the two new depressions, now the NHC is saying that the depression nearest to the coast of Africa is moving more quickly than the other one, so it looks like they will bump into each other. Hopefully they haven't been double-jabbed and will therefore avoid paying a visit to DR.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
those 2 systems could not ht each other.
IF both form a storm, then each would be at a different location of "origen" and not ging a common path, let alone meet up somewhere.
the 2nd area of disturbed weather/the one closest to Africa, could never recah the Caribbean, no matter how strong or weak a storm would form.
it is a heavy weather area bound to ride towards the open atlantic waters strom-graveyard, without becoming a threat for the Lesser Antilles.
the 1st disturbane/the one closer to us on the Map, is so far just a unorganized area of heavy weather.
to tell anything about it, it has to form a storm first, at least it has to showorganizing with a furture storm in the makes, so from then on we can watch it a while to tell Directions of movement and due that/then known conditions on such path we could start to guess what could form out of that for the future days from Then on.
as i already said yesterday, it is centered well below the 10thNorth, down there stromy systems have a hard time to get a spin, as they are too close to the Equator.
no spin means also no significant power gain, so i am sure it will take at least 2 more days before organization and the process of a forming storm could be seen as the earliest.
once such process started, Then we can take a couple days to observe it to get an idea about "hat may or may not be possible out there" and what directions it will wander by the coming weekend.
at this moement nothing out there could be named any danger for DR.
we just enjoy Island life and keep an eye on it during boring evening hours.
or in my case, I fight nasty early Fall conditions in the old homeland for an other week, lol.
weather wise i would prefer a warm night at home in Punta Cana with a lil TS passing over, over the frosty night temps without a storm here in Eurpope.
BUT, the Beers and Food are so much better here than there, so I sure will survive, hahaha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sam may have missed us officially but Cabo Frances Viejo has had extreme waves for over 24 hrs now.

Loud at night to affect your sleep -
and I am 1/2 mile from the water above it.
Crashing all night

Cabarete must be good for the athletic crowd if they got it too

Reactions: thompstr

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sam may have missed us officially but Cabo Frances Viejo has had extreme waves for over 24 hrs now.

Loud at night to affect your sleep -
and I am 1/2 mile from the water above it.
Crashing all night

Cabarete must be good for the athletic crowd if they got it too
Not sure how Enceuntro is doing. Normally I can hear large waves from my location, but last night I did not.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Mike do you think it's over now for this year? Or still a chance of another hurricane heading our way?

Feb 7, 2007
Season isn't over until end of November. Noel was a big storm with lots of rainfall (this really messed up DR and especially Haití) and came in the beginning of November. This was back in 2007.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we are just in the middle of teh so named "peak season"for the DR
Mike do you think it's over now for this year? Or still a chance of another hurricane heading our way?
at no time anybody could "think" ahead of tie about a hurricane ehading our way, so your question does not exist, lol.
we are now just half way through the peak time of hurricane peak season for DR/Punta Cana
which usually run's mid august til mid october.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
we are just in the middle of teh so named "peak season"for the DR

at no time anybody could "think" ahead of tie about a hurricane ehading our way, so your question does not exist, lol.
we are now just half way through the peak time of hurricane peak season for DR/Punta Cana
which usually run's mid august til mid october.

mid October is next week Mike. It's the 15th next Friday. Time flies...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
half time was just 5 days ago october 1st.
and such "peak season"setting dates for a specific area like ours, is just a "by long decades experience usual time frame".
we had tropical storms in/right over punta cana in DECEMBER during the good 26 years of my own presence here.
once November finished, then we can say "o.k., that was it by the look on the conditions out there".
at this moment now, conditions are "regular", so storms could still form.
I hope that none will come this way the rest of the season,
as i just froze off my balls 9 weeks in German summer on vacations,
which i thought will be SUMMER Vacays by the pool with cold drinks in hand.
(we had during 9 weeks just 8 BBQ's by the pool and honestly, I did not jump into the pool not even once and i drunk my beers from my working desk on room temps, zero need to put some drinks cold, lol)
now, that i arrived back home in PC last night, i can tell that this 2021 Germany had NO/ZERO/ZIP SUMMER,
max day time temps of 28C(that was just a few exceptional days out of the 9 weeks and right away the same day/following night down to 15C and below, the last couple weeks 3-4C CELCIUS!!!).
today i spent the afternoon on the road to visit places like banco popular and alikes to take care about some bills,
and i swear I sweat my azz off during those maybe 3hrs out of the cooled house.
even that it was a overcast day here in PC for the most time, nothing "torching"for sure, lol.
Now i just need some warmth to get me used to that warmth again, hahaha