2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Cold is not a word I would use to describe any weather conditions that I have EVER experienced in the 🇩🇴 .

Reactions: tht

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Cold is not a word I would use to describe any weather conditions that I have EVER experienced in the 🇩🇴 .
I’ll bet you’ve never been in Constanza or the Ocoa mountains in January or February. There’s been days when I stayed indoors because it was so cold outside, and with the wind it was worse.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Doesn't the mountain at Pto Plata get frost at times?

Highest point in the Caribbean....
Pico Duarte is highest it’s in San Juan province. Over 10,000 ft. POP has a smaller mountain landmark isabell de Torres or something like that with cable cars, no frost. Frost in other DR mountains (post 42)

Yacine

Oct 23, 2005
Not a single drop of rain in the last 4 week here in Bejucal / Guayuyal area (eastern part of the Bahoruco mountains - lower mountain part seaside close to La Cienaga, San Rafael etc). Draught mode while we watch on TV the north and cibao floaded

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Been to Constanza
All the way up to that peak where the restaurant is and you look out over everything...
What is it called Peakhurst.
I suppose cold is a relative thing.

So, I will make my statement again but modify in hopes that I can help some of ya'll understand my perspective on the entire thing.

Given my personal experience and the places I have lived and traveled to:
Cold 🥶 remains a word that that I do not associate nor have I experienced since I have lived in the 🇩🇴 .

One of my points of reference is Moscow in January.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Screenshot from 2022-08-09 05-05-06.png

Are these correct? I'm not arguing just curious.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yeah, agreed, Global Warming failed this year at least my surroundings here on the East.
More wind and rougher Seas than usual for this time of the year and well more cloudy/rainy hours.
Usually we are here this time of the year very dry, every few years harsh drought conditions dominate.
This year so far we have on the Ranch (just up the lil Hills behind Veron, at Vallegina), all the beautiful water we need for everything, everything is full green and growing like hell. as construction is running we have no animals up there now, they will be back later this summer, so nobody eats that stuff, it needs to get cut down every 2-3 weeks or i would be in the middle of a full jungle there.
and on the other side of the big pond, where i spent mid June-mid July 4 beautiful weeks with my lil girl in Germany, we had several days with 38C+ burning down full powers, on return i was really thankful for the "comfortable fresh air" here in PC, lol.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend sent me this -
--------------------------------------------------------

DR has appeared cooler this year because we have had several months of abnormally wet/humid weather and limited prolonged periods of heat.

The reason being that the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea temperatures are above average and that causes moisture to evaporate and form clouds and cause rain and humid conditions.

1660129583637.png

https://www.wdsu.com/article/colorado-state-university-hurricane-outlook-for-2022/40808030#

The prediction this year was always for a very active later season so the quiet activity to date means little. The peak time is just about to begin and the latest NOAA and Colorado state predictions are still above average. The show is about to begin fueled by higher than average waters.

Global warming is here in DR too.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As for the actual System on the Tropical Highway,
chances are very slim/unlikely to develop into anything
and anyways centered position indicates that it will miss the Caribbean by far.
So this one is a no show for us.
Agreed on the above average Sea Surface Temperatures, the Ocean's heat content is this year very high,
so we will see times/weeks of very favorable conditions for storm development.
As for Now,
the actual system did not manage to become a " Cleaner" of our tropical highway,
it did not take the dry air masses out of the atmosphere, so we will stay safe-guarded by thick SAL.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As for the actually by NOAA shown system far out NE of PR,
that is nothing to watch out for nor think about.
At this moment nothing could develop at that location
And aside of being far out, movement is to get further away from us.
Just a update o the only thing on the maps, a No-Thingy, lol, after a nice whole day down south in San Pedro today.
Cheers

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
just an update so nobody thinks the Fisherman slept in over some good scotch on a beach down here.
The Tropical Waves from the far East keep to mingle with rough weather areas, absolutely typical for this time of the year.
They are cleaning up the highway and prepare pavement for the real stuff day by day now.
That means each of those waves takes the protecting dry air out/wetens the pavement.
we are less than 3 weeks away from our average Season Peak point, September 10th,
which is traditionally the point from where on the conditions will be on their " dangerous level", means disturbances get their best shot for fastest development and to reach strongest levels.
the lately movement can let us expect this season to not be out of the ordinary, the conditions out there off our Far East will be ready for Rock ' n' Roll.
At this moment, as mentioned above the waves far east, including the one expected to hit water the next couple days, will just clean up and not do any harm.
The small and not strong System lingering since a coupe days SE of the Windward Islands, is luckily for us a weak one,
because it's position will bring it over the Windward Islands into the SouthEastern Caribbean Sea where conditions for development are almost perfect.
Dry Airlayers are thin to nothing over the caribbean sea now, windshear is Null,
but again, this system is small, weak, it will not improve to anything big.
So for now all is fine for our soil.
We keep watching and as it is this time of the year,
I assume that everybody in the typical vulnerable areas for floodings etc is prepared for what is the usual procedure in this part of the planet at this time of the year.
Cheers from sunny eastern Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.