2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
The storm is pretty much moved on but this little straggler caused heavy rain in Santo Domingo tonight. Our bedroom floor is wet, not really a flood, but that only happens when it rains really hard.
Screenshot_20220921-015425_MyRadar.jpg

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
In Villa Duarte, Santo Domingo Este, the power was off and on Monday. Around 9PM Monday the power was out for good. It finally returned this morning (Wednesday) at around 2:30am. About 30 hours.

Put some ice bags in the fridge. Thank goodness there was a breeze and the little battery fan helped a little.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In Villa Duarte, Santo Domingo Este, the power was off and on Monday. Around 9PM Monday the power was out for good. It finally returned this morning (Wednesday) at around 2:30am. About 30 hours.

Put some ice bags in the fridge. Thank goodness there was a breeze and the little battery fan helped a little.

The storm on Monday night caused two electricity poles to collapse in Maria Trinidad Sanchez, that's the street that goes from the monumento a la caña down to Avenida España. They got the poles up at 11.30pm last night but there is still only one phase working so no A/C until today evidently.

Reactions: Jan

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Mike please can you comment on the disturbance which is currently in the middle of the Atlantic, heading WNW. Is this something we should be thinking about?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Any Storm which is headed south of the Island could easily make a turn north and directly hit anywhere on the South Coast, . they all turn directly North at some point .only question is when . but Yes ,.. Cuba and the Florida Keys are a more Likely a target than the DR ..Puerto Rico definitely not a target

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
power and water back here at my place since 10:00PM last evening, that was long 52hrs but other than such little inconvenience nothing mayor in my surroundings.
Secrets CC, Sanctuary CC and Hyatt CC sent their clients to other hotels, sounds lie they have quiet a number of broken glass to replace aside of the usual clean up and replacing palappas etc.
In 5hrs I will sit at the PUJ airport for a little journey, will be back online by Thursday Noon.
Stay nice and safe

Reactions: sylviamcginnis

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Time to pack my luggage and get moving.
There is so far nothing on the maps that would look like ay concern to our Paradise Island.
The System approaching the Windward Islands will very likely be a Storm soon,
but it does not look like coming up North to our soil,
it should stay South crossing the SE and Central Caribbean Sea towards W/WNW passing S of Jamaica and towards Yucatan Peninsula.
I hope everybody here came out of Fiona fine and unharmed.
Cheers

Reactions: caribmike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm thinking about Mr. Webster up there in the area of Cabo Frances Viejo.
He hasn't checked in.
Probably no electricity.
Here's hoping all is well.
He responded on WhatsApp today, no internet and dealing with some things. I’ll leave that to him to explain if he chooses when he’s back here. I was happy to hear from him.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yesterday i saw on the net some photos suggerating there would be damage to the PUJ airport.
I am sitting in Termimal A now, passed through check in, Immigrations, the duty free shops, there is not the slightest sight not even of any minimal damage, all exact the sme as it was when i came through 8 weeks ago.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Source reported that Sanctuary Cap Cana, Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana, and Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana is now closed until end of the month and also Hilton in La Romana is now closed same until end of month also. The areas around La Altagracia has 70% power restored while Higüey restored only 30% but it'll be 100% by next weekend.

Looks like they are working fast as they can, because they know AI cant afford to lose money.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Seen many storms over the years and a Cat 1 is a shocking event but not really a house buster more of a garden buster. Not surprised PC airport were up so quickly considering all the money they have. Like always the very poor suffer most but then again we are in the middle of hurricane alleyway and considering all were very lucky again

Aug 31, 2011
Hello everyone. Suggestions for travelers to PC area? Looking for a stay Saturday for 3+ days. I'm flying in and my husband is driving in from Samaná (still no word when power will be restored) to pick me up. He said it would be great if we could find a place with washing machine to wash all the bedding that is sweat soaked. 🤪

Reactions: aarhus

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hello everyone. Suggestions for travelers to PC area? Looking for a stay Saturday for 3+ days. I'm flying in and my husband is driving in from Samaná (still no word when power will be restored) to pick me up. He said it would be great if we could find a place with washing machine to wash all the bedding that is sweat soaked. 🤪
You can stay here. Five minutes from the laundry where you can wash your bedding and anything else. Was there today and they are up and running. The hotel is brand new. Price about $75 per night double room. Breakfast incluced.

Bavaro Laundry​

4.859 Google reviews

Laundromat in Punta Cana

Address: Av. España #7, Punta Cana 23000

Areas served:
Dominican Republic
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 6:30PM

Phone: (809) 795-0196

Reactions: MikeFisher

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm curious as to why one would need to wash the bedding at a resort(?). I've never once thought about where the nearest laundry was when I went to a resort hotel on vacation.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
This time, DR is gonna miss this other storm but more likely south of DR (Santo Domingo, La Romana, etc) will get lots of rain, again.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 142241.png

Screenshot 2022-09-23 142250.png

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
No
the rain loads are pushed forward by TD9, they are located W of the surface pressure system,
so for most part they already passed the longitude of our DR Territory.
Once a future TS would have grouped rain loads on it's NE and E, then some of it could reach as far E as Barahona,
but it does not look like anything for DR Soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.