2023 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Right now the hard rain is easing down, only drizzling now, that was quiet a piece of a hard one again for around 90 minutes of time.
Skies get clearer on 3 sides, one is still dark.
again, this full force rain came down with zero wind, no leaves of my trees moved no the slightest bit, the same as it was all night long.
Franklin is meeting Atlantic waters at our North Shore as we speak now, ready to say good bye.
The rain still moved by it are almost all on it's SE, the piece that passed by here at my soil the last 90 minutes.
Looking on Satellite I do not see further heavy portions of water loads or such.
Sure, after a storm there are always some rain portions still move through somewhere as isolated areas, but over all, for hard rain, I guess that was it for my side of the Island.
As some mentioned earlier our mountains bothering the storms, yes, the rain portions get further away from it and spread out, otherwise here on the East we may have received nothing at all today, on the other hand NOAA does show the same wind force for the center, even that I have no idea where that wind was blowing, even my folks around Santiago, which was on the map in the middle of everything for WIND, did say there was none today.
Let's see if it becomes it's Hurricane Status once over better conditions far North of us, so we have one more Hurricane to scratch off the "list" for the season, lol.
US, Canadian and European hurricane models are showing Franklin heading North then East then North up the Atlantic coast with the potential to become a Cat1 or 2 hurricane as it approaches Atlantic Canada. One spaghetti track put its path on my doorstep. Some areas close to us are still recovering from Fiona. Still early for accurate tracking but I’ll pick up a bottle or two of Brugal rum at the liquor store, some chocolate edibles at the Weed store and some extra groceries, just in case. All in the same building. I’m down to my last bag of Santo Domingo coffee. I order it through Amazon.

Reactions: aarhus and Auryn

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
US, Canadian and European hurricane models are showing Franklin heading North then East then North up the Atlantic coast with the potential to become a Cat1 or 2 hurricane as it approaches Atlantic Canada. One spaghetti track put its path on my doorstep. Some areas close to us are still recovering from Fiona. Still early for accurate tracking but I’ll pick up a bottle or two of Brugal rum at the liquor store, some chocolate edibles at the Weed store and some extra groceries, just in case. All in the same building. I’m down to my last bag of Santo Domingo coffee. I order it through Amazon.
Let. It. Go.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
End of the story:
Our Tropical Highway is cleaned up from dry air masses, no wind shear left anywhere, the pavement is ready.
We can expect to see more such line ups for the upcoming peak time of the season.
We shall see and so long we enjoy Island Time at the fullest.

Cheers

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well Franklin was a non-event on the North Coast. No wind, medium rain for a couple hours then poof , nada importante.

Reactions: Uzin

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
These are the preliminary tally that left this storm in the DR.

HyJ5i67.jpg

Cover of Hoy newspaper of August 24, 2023.

- 2,760 affected roads
- 547 damaged homes
- 351 victims
- 120 aqueducts are out of service
- 47 affected electrical circuits
- 1 dead

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
These are the preliminary tally that left this storm in the DR.

HyJ5i67.jpg

Cover of Hoy newspaper of August 24, 2023.

- 2,760 affected roads
- 547 damaged homes
- 351 victims
- 120 aqueducts are out of service
- 47 affected electrical circuits
- 1 dead
Yep, that sums it up.
And be assured that 90% of the victims are on that list because the refused to obye the rules and warnings,
people who leave the prior designated areas and stay at home at the safe areas do not fall victim to a storm.
Sure they did also count the head diver we saw on the video.
I am sorry for the family of such kid, but they should have raised him with some more brain, I really have a hard time to feel sorry for such kind of "victims".
Lets hope we stay a bit clear til Sept 9th the peak season starts,
as at the moment the Highways is perfectly fine for any lil disturbance to grow into something big.
Still the steering conditions point towards NNW, to not reach the Caribbean from the far East, but such can and does change all the time, hour by hour.
Here on the far East we had today a full sunny calm day.
I did a VIP Airport Transfer of a guest from Uvero Alto to PUJ today, been on the road 10AM until 2:30PM today, the only drops i got on the windshield been on the highway passing by Bavaro, the rest of all the miles been bone dry streets and bright sunshine.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Yes, it is a perfectly formed Mayor Hurricane now, but luckily it looks like it should not threathen any inhabited areas as such. it may bring TS Force to Bermuda at the tops.
Good for humanity.
Image if that was right front of DR, it would be worst wouldn it?

Reactions: JD Jones

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Luckily very unlikely to have such in front of our door step.
Maria and Irma been very close calls, but still, they just passed by.
A Big One Cross Country is a once in a life time event, some get lucky and get none.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Luckily very unlikely to have such in front of our door step.
Maria and Irma been very close calls, but still, they just passed by.
A Big One Cross Country is a once in a life time event, some get lucky and get none.
Will be off our Atlantic Canada shores starting tomorrow. Thankfully well offshore. We will still get winds in the 90-100 km range and heavy dumps of rain, 90 mm plus in some areas. Heaviest will be on Wednesday night. Beautiful day here today. Sunny and warm. The calm before the crap!

Reactions: Auryn

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Good morning everyone.
Just one weekend away from the start of our Hurricane Peak Season, the Map keeps busy, showing actually 5 Storms and one long range forecasted strong system.(I count the disturbance at the Cabo Verde Islands as a Storm, it sure will be declared a TD or TS today)
It still feels strange to look on things a full week in advance, as conditions can and do change quickly within hours, let alone days,
but the results so far show a frightening accuracy about timeline and area of strong systems to pop up, and that for a full week/7 days in advance.
I never paid real attention to those things more than a few days out, at least never Before a disturbed weather area already existed,
but what the newest sets of computer models show on their long range outlook for a full week out, does proof to be very accurate, many days before a disturbance could even be seen on satellite shots.
So now we have a forecast of a System for mid next week to form.
The Tropical Wave, awaited to move that Low Westward, is still far Inland over West Africa, the Surface Low to be moved West did not form, yet/does not exist so far. The Tropical Wave is awaited to leave Africa and hit our Highway this weekend, somewhere close to mid Highway by Mid Week the forming of a Storm/TD is forecasted. Conditions show favorable with low SAL and so far no Wind Shear, so it will be interesting to observe the real outcome of such one week in advance prognostics.
For this weekend we look clear of Storm dangers and the high heat seem's to continue.
Yesterday the skies been burning down on us up here on my lil Hill and today started an other such cloud free torching day.
The guys nailing some rolls of barb wire on the property today and tomorrow, will get a good Tan, I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.