24/7 Electrical Service in Condo and Apartment Buildings

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Escott" has forgotten more than most people know!!

"Can I stay at your Condo next trip to Sosua??" When you have power 24/7 that is!
I took a trip from Puerto Cabello Venezuela to Baltimore Maryland aboard an 8,000 ton Danish freighter,MS Birget Torm.Never shut the Diesel engine down once in 6 days!!!
I moved to my present house 2 days after the hurrican in "98".Ran my generator fo 7 days straight! My dominican neighbors INSISTED that I had to turn off my "planta" or it would burn up!
If you keep a Quality(in my case Detroit Diesel!) diesel engine,lubricated,filters changed,"Air",fuel,and lubricant,radiator filled with "anti-freeze",you can run it 27/7.In fact,the generators here at the hospital,have redundent filters,so you can take a filter,in or out of the system to shange it!
Gasoline models,are really "Emergency(limited Use) generators.I can't say anything about "small" 5 hp for example,diesel generators as to "run time". But.....a 20 kilo "planta" like mine has only one factor limiting it's run time,my "wallet",or how much fuel I can afford each month!
"Escott" rules,and Eddy too!At least when it come to generator knowledge!

How come whenever someone with actual knowledge and experience with something in the DR expresses their opinion,they become a $hit Magnet for the comments of those who don't know what they are talking about! :lick: CC

Jun 28, 2004
i know of generators that only have to be shut down once a year as
they have a 250 gallon oil resevoir.

so what's your point?

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Criss Colon said:
"Can I stay at your Condo next trip to Sosua??" When you have power 24/7 that is!
I took a trip from Puerto Cabello Venezuela to Baltimore Maryland aboard an 8,000 ton Danish freighter,MS Birget Torm.Never shut the Diesel engine down once in 6 days!!!
I moved to my present house 2 days after the hurrican in "98".Ran my generator fo 7 days straight! My dominican neighbors INSISTED that I had to turn off my "planta" or it would burn up!
If you keep a Quality(in my case Detroit Diesel!) diesel engine,lubricated,filters changed,"Air",fuel,and lubricant,radiator filled with "anti-freeze",you can run it 27/7.In fact,the generators here at the hospital,have redundent filters,so you can take a filter,in or out of the system to shange it!
Gasoline models,are really "Emergency(limited Use) generators.I can't say anything about "small" 5 hp for example,diesel generators as to "run time". But.....a 20 kilo "planta" like mine has only one factor limiting it's run time,my "wallet",or how much fuel I can afford each month!

How come whenever someone with actual knowledge and experience with something in the DR expresses their opinion,they become a $hit Magnet for the comments of those who don't know what they are talking about! :lick: CC

I didn't realise that "small" diesel generators could be run continuously. By small, I'm talking about 20 kw. Does anyone have experience with running a denyo 20 - 25 kw for weeks at a time?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
221 said:
does the little guy drink @ his keyboard?
I wish I was little and as a matter of fact I am on a diet. I am one of the bigger drinkers on DR1, but how did you know that? When I walk into Rockys they just bring my usual to the table.

I still don't care what you think BTW: LOL

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Criss Colon said:

I don't know a hell of a lot about generators Chris because they are fairly new to me. I was trained as a deisel mechanic and did it for about 6 years for the government of the country I use to live in. I have even testified in court as a professional witness in cases regarding engines as recently at 7 years ago.

What I know about generators I find out by asking knowledgable people who happen to be right on this board that have experience running them for years 24/7 with of course the exception of maintenence which doesn't really take that long to perform.

When I talk about engines I talk from personal experience and not what I heard, she said, he said etc. which it seems to be the case with a few of the folks here.

In any case it is nice to have the knowledgable people to call upon to get the answers I need when I need them and the advice I need in purchasing the proper equipment.

Excuse me I need to get back to my drink... LOL

Scott

Jun 28, 2004
Wow

most snivel servants learn nothing in a lifetime but u managed to do it in 6 years.

the only thing u r expert at is flapping your gums.

LOL