4%? how about 40%?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in DR there are generally two major spelling tendencies. there is dumb and humble, who write everything B: bendo burros. and there is dumb and posh who spell everything with V: vendo vurros.
but whoever wrote lioner fernandes is dumb and dumber.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Have seen texts without spacings: holamiamolcomota. You can't tell me they don't know about spaces ?

oh, that's to save money. spaces take... well... space. and in a long text message that may mean your operator will break the message in half and you will pay, god forbid, for two messages.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Don't forget some fellow posters consider such way of writing as a normal and perfectly acceptable evolution of spanish...:tired:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just got this message by whatsapp...should I buy from him? (Yeah I know I missed a word myself)

9ECDB39F-787C-4EF4-B001-BAB54E2E4E2F_zpsx2pxnhxs.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no ai otaculo. god. i imagine he was reading your messages and thinking to himself he is dealing with an idiot who cannot spell. ha ha ha ha.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
His price is half of the price Induca gave me, but I'm afraid the quality will be a quarter as 'mediocre'

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
no ai otaculo. god. i imagine he was reading your messages and thinking to himself he is dealing with an idiot who cannot spell. ha ha ha ha.

I was thinking maybe I should reply in his language to not offend him, but he probably doesn't notice or thinks I'm illiterate.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
His price is half of the price Induca gave me, but I'm afraid the quality will be a quarter as 'mediocre'

Not necessarily. I know a few manual workers of that kind who are real artists and are very inexpensive. I've never chatted with any of them, but I'm sure it would be something like that.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Not necessarily. I know a few manual workers of that kind who are real artists and are very inexpensive. I've never chatted with any of them, but I'm sure it would be something like that.
I'll ask him to show some of the installations he made and check it out.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
many many dominicans speak a dialect imo, it is ok as long as they understand each other, and it does not differ too much from regular spanish

I wonder how far from french is the haitian dialect, Creole?

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
do people from Ciabo region speak a dialect? it is/was clearly diffent from south coast speakers

btw long ago I found the word aguatia online, or i think it was aguaita.com, even a poster here have that 'name'

to my surprise it is a 'legal' word, check dictionary, the same for other words i though were 'dominican words' only, not recognized by the 'Academy'

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Russia may want push Esperanto as a worldwide official language, UNESCO is/was doing it, as they did long ago to help 'un-divide' Russians, Jews, Poles and Germans.

but dominicans may do it again, creating 'espanto',

btw i think dominicans got too much influence dealing with Haiti in the past, Haiti even ruled over DR for a couple of decades, so the regular spanish accent 'went south'

In DR only some news reporters and high profile individuals speak 'standard' spanish, without the strong accent.

In the past I could not understand what dominicans say, as I missed a few words while they speak, not to mention the accent.