43 families evicted from Los Farallones protected area

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Desalojo-Listin-Diario-e1603290288558.jpeg

The Ministry of Environment took action and backed the evicting of hundreds of squatters in a protected area in Santo Domingo East. Environment Minister Orlando Jorge Mera said he will be taking several people to court for the invasion. Twelve persons were arrested and 43 families evicted. 153 improvised dwellings were dismantled in an area of 2.6 km of protected area near the Quinto Centenario Horse Race Track. He said the settlement was a business of persons with ties to the past government.

Jorge Mera said the eviction respected the legal procedures. The eviction was carried out in coordination with the National Service for Environmental Protection (Senpa), the city government of Santo Domingo East, the Specialized Environmental Prosecution Agency, National Police, and the National Child and Adolescent Agency (Conani).

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What did they do with the 43 families?

More than likely, after processing, placed on a bus headed west across the border.
These illegal encampments are breeding grounds for disease and vermin due to their unsanitary conditions.
There is one in Juan Dolio that I hope is next on the list.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
But they could have been Dominicans.
SourceDominicanToday
- The hammering was all that was heard, as people removed rubble from afar and journalists plied the main streets of the village of Los Farallones, on the Las Américas Highway, that was temporarily blocked.

That was the scene around 7am Tue. when hundreds of people who were occupying land and erecting shanties in a protected area were evicted during an operation led by Environment Ministry officers.

The arrests were carried out in conjunction with soldiers and the National Police, authorized by the Santo Domingo Este City Council.

“Everything seemed to be calm. Only the buses of the Immigration Directorate stayed until around 8:30 in the morning waiting for foreigners who were in an irregular situation. The military prevented them (the squatters) from reentering without major difficulties,” Listin reports

Like I said, the (duh,) they (still feeling that La Carta)
definitely weren't French, Italian, German,
Canadian or American.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
There. Wwere many Dominicans. Many paid for the property and were building nice homes. Sone even had bank loans they got to build their homes. They arrested some of ths people who sold the property illegally. I feel bad for some of those families. Some were squatters but others thought they owned property. There are videos on youtube you can watch.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
There. Wwere many Dominicans. Many paid for the property and were building nice homes. Sone even had bank loans they got to build their homes. They arrested some of ths people who sold the property illegally. I feel bad for some of those families. Some were squatters but others thought they owned property. There are videos on youtube you can watch.

Even if they were squatters they were squatters because they were poor. I saw the exact same thing in Haiti when they widened okap for airport expansion. One lady came to me "they broke my home."

I don't know if they gave them notice or not nor do I know what they are doing with those evicted. We have to remember these are human beings that should be treated with dignity.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Can you cite a source for these assertions?
Who did the persons "pay" for property that could not be sold?
How does one acquire a bank loan to build a home on property that is not legal?
Which bank provides such loans to persons who have no documented means of income?