5 star hotel at 35$, new promotion to restart domestic tourism

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
President Luis Abinader said the details of the incentives plan will be announced on Monday. The reality is that the world has not resumed traveling and hotels need local travelers to keep their businesses running. It is the time for Dominicans to enjoy their country.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
great idea, i was sure that something this way would come up.
Local Tourism is at this moment/since the pandemic the Only tourism which keeps the few reopened hotels here in PC afloat.
weekdays occupancy rates are ranging from 5-less than 15%, mostly no kore than 10%,
weekends produce 20-30% due local tourism.
this has to be pushed way more, because there will be a longer while before a Hotel here will be able to maintain itself solely due foreign tourist in the area.
and it show's that during any kind of crisis, like last year's USA-Shit-Show in the Press and this year's Pandemic,
that local touris is then the only thing that stands stable and keeps the tourism sector going.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I will definitely take advantage of that when I get back. I can't feed and supply drinks to myself for $35.00 a day. That and the fact we have been gone since March I have no idea of the state of our place. We left a dehumidifier and and left as flights were limited.

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
Sounds great but don't expect the 5* treatment, I've got friends that have gone to the catalonia, hard rock and several 5* offers right now and the food service being offered is terrible, I can't imagine what they would do at 35$ a night.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Sounds great but don't expect the 5* treatment, I've got friends that have gone to the catalonia, hard rock and several 5* offers right now and the food service being offered is terrible, I can't imagine what they would do at 35$ a night.

Get ready for the rice and beans an piece for chicken

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

We went to the Hard Rock in July. No issues with food. But we didn't pay $35/night. It was around $200, not sure exactly.

Reactions: Africaida

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
We went to the Hard Rock in July. No issues with food. But we didn't pay $35/night. It was around $200, not sure exactly.

Yeah I would expect the hard rock to not be the worst they are still "pricey" although not like before, it use to be 250USD per person per night, it was true 5*. But if they wete to offer 35 a night yeah, get ready for the chicken.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
With the number of infected both here in the DR and abroad I am very uncomfortable mingling with groups of other people. I can't imagine going to a great resort and having much of a good time while constantly trying to keep my distance from others who are not wearing masks or tend to get too close. Clearly a vacation stay at a resort with potentially lots of other people is something foreigners and locals alike need to consider when they do their risk assessment. A vacation that results in a two week illness even if mild can have far reaching consequences for family, neighbors, schools, healthcare and society in general.

Kick starting tourism again is an important economic consideration but whether it can be done in this country without resulting in virulent viral spread remains to be seen.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doing it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten

Oh, get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Hang bail, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail

Reactions: wayne and etolw

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doing it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten

Oh, get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Hang bail, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail

What is, "Subterranean Homesick Blues".
I'll take song titles for $300.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
So chicken, rice & beans, + all you can drink, + a AC room with a bed for $35 a night. I'm still in. I still don't see the down side with the free bar.
Never let food get in the way of a good drink fest.
Look at what NAL’s says below. I do not know if you and your spouse can qualify directly for this great offer, but maybe if you split up and takes the vacation with two Dominican friends? :unsure:

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
So chicken, rice & beans, + all you can drink, + a AC room with a bed for $35 a night. I'm still in. I still don't see the down side with the free bar.
Never let food get in the way of a good drink fest.
Hahaha to be honest, I love rice + beans and chicken. I can eat that all day, and helps you stay fit if you dont abuse the rice 😂.

Also the residents offer ask for Cedula, for each guest so if you want the offer you need to be a legal resident (no overstayers like me 😂). I guess that is a good reaso now to get residency? 😂

• Love
Reactions: etolw

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We have cedulas so that hurdle is jumped. The government offering interest free loans for a vacation is a new one. I don't think i would be needing a loan for a vacation

Reactions: etolw

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Is their a list of those hotels offering this deal or do I need to individually check each hotel website?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

This was the official release of the deal. No where does it say you can pay $35 per night at any All Inclusive. Read it..........................

In this sense, the Minister of Tourism, David Collado, said that “The idea is that a family can assume with 1,500 pesos per month with financing without interest for 12 months, they can visit our country and have the opportunity to visit the hotel complexes they have.”