5 Things I Learned From Ilana Benady's Dominican Culture Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I think Dark_Scorpion just finished reading Preston & Child's lastest book, Two Graves, and was impressed by Alban, one of Special Agent Pendergast's twin sons.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
DS, you are lucky enough to be in DR, drop the books, unplug your computer and GET OUT, go get some sun for **** sake's. Get a life ! Every single post of yours is a science-fiction novel, come back to reality. Go to a colmadon, listen to music and order a bottle of Brugal extra-viejo, it's on me.

Aida, if he does...he will change his views a little..i think he is just a bit young.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I read Ginnie's (RIP) and Ileana's book when it first came out. .............

Everyone should read it.

I TOTALLY agree with your comment Pelaut ........ Ilana & I need the Royalties!! :cool: :classic: ~ Grahame
(I am the lowly multi time 'proof reader' to Ilana & Ginnie's masterpiece)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Good review. I would enjoy reading the book. I would limit the collectivness of the Dominican people to family. I see many Dominicans smoking in public but my mother-in-law would never smoke in public. She only smokes in the back yard, when nobody else is there.

Did you ever get round to reading the book Bob? If so I would welcome your appraisal of it.

If you didn't manage to find a copy, let me know & I'll see what I can find for you. Same goes to anyone else who hasn't managed to read it yet!

Oooops, just noticed you have been (or had been) Sin binned!!! What on Earth happened to such a prolific poster as yourself hitting that level??? I hope this is resolved for you shortly!! ~ Grahame.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
There is no such thing as "free fuk" you fool. Yes, they are banging you for your money, or because you're perceived as being a rich foreigner. Gawd......are you that naive? Do you honestly think these Dominican women don't have an agenda? Any man who believes in a "free fuk" is asking for trouble, it would be better to just pay her and make sure the bases are covered. Have you ever read the 48 Laws of power? Nope, never mind, I can tell you haven't because you're already breaking Law 40, which says to despise the free lunch. These Dominican women aren't giving it to you for free, no woman does. There are some strings attached, and you will find out what they are if you don't already know.

Yes, women with children are damaged goods. Do you know how much food costs here in the DR? Do you honestly want to feed and care for a kid that you didn't even make? Come on man, that is stupid. I had step dads to growing up, and trust me, they don't really care about you, at least mine didn't care about me. Men who choose to become step fathers usually settle with a woman with kids because they can't get one without them. You expat men who get with these single mothers are just impatient, but that is your business.

You're calling me a fool? Look in the mirror and you'll see the biggest one on this earth. I learned life on the streets not from books, I became a man while learning the game you apparently are still a boy learning how to pick up women from books.
Don't compare all single mothers to your mother, they're not all sluts.
Like CC said you're a psychiatrist wet dream, they'd love to have you on their couch.
They should use you in a condom commercial, "you see what happens if you don't use one"

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
To the DS,

You are either a narcissistic, neurotic troll, or a deer backed into a corner surrounded by wolves. You are not a lion.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I TOTALLY agree with your comment Pelaut ........ Ilana & I need the Royalties!! :cool: :classic: ~ Grahame
(I am the lowly multi time 'proof reader' to Ilana & Ginnie's masterpiece)

Among the books that I own on the DR are:

Quisqueya Mad Dogs & English Couple: Ginnie Bedggood: 9781904502524: Amazon.com: Books
Expat FAQs - Moving To and Living in the Dominican Republic: Ilana Benady, Ginnie Bedggood: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Dominican Republic - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture: Ginnie Bedggood, Ilana Benady: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

And they are worthy additions to my library!!! Recommended reading ......

Status
Not open for further replies.