52% more Haitians registered in border public schools in past five years

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Aumento-52-matricula-haitiana-escuelas-fronterizas-Ensegundos-.png

The Dominican Republic public schools have received an increase in Cryeole-speaking students in recent years. Thousands of new Haitian immigrants have registered their children in public schools in the Dominican Republic, especially in border towns.

As reported, the enrollment of Haitian students in public schools across the five border provinces of the Dominican Republic has surged by 52% over the past five years. The Haitian students, be they documented or not, study here for free and receive the same free uniforms, textbooks, tablets and computers as regular documented students and Dominican students.

According to Ministry of Education statistics, the number of Haitian students registered increased from 12,988 in the 2018-2019 academic year to 19,785 in the 2022-2023 school year. In contrast, Dominican student enrollment decreased by 11.37%...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JD Jones

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
If a vision of returning to Haiti to contribute to its redevelopment could be incorporated into the studies of these students it would be good. If the present UN rebuilding initiative works, it will help instill a view that encourages returning to Haiti (over time) for this purpose. The studies should include some vocational training relative to the rudimentary redevelopment goals of Haiti — agriculture, forestry, construction, tourism, and similar — and I believe that the DR government could find financial, and perhaps even personnel support for this from the international community.

The possibility of influencing/encouraging children through education and self-improvement to make a positive difference in their community is at the heart of a productive lifestyle/living and can therefore be a wonderful opportunity for any social leadership.

This is what all the massive consumer-product-focused industries do... Get them while they're young... And have been extremely successful at doing it.

Why not turn the redevelopment of Haiti into a well-branded product that young people will buy into?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If a vision of returning to Haiti to contribute to its redevelopment could be incorporated into the studies of these students it would be good. If the present UN rebuilding initiative works, it will help instill a view that encourages returning to Haiti (over time) for this purpose. The studies should include some vocational training relative to the rudimentary redevelopment goals of Haiti — agriculture, forestry, construction, tourism, and similar — and I believe that the DR government could find financial, and perhaps even personnel support for this from the international community.

The possibility of influencing/encouraging children through education and self-improvement to make a positive difference in their community is at the heart of a productive lifestyle/living and can therefore be a wonderful opportunity for any social leadership.

This is what all the massive consumer-product-focused industries do... Get them while they're young... And have been extremely successful at doing it.

Why not turn the redevelopment of Haiti into a well-branded product that young people will buy into?
While I agree with you in theory, I just don't see the current govt doing anything like this. I don't think it would be too popular.

ridergz

Feb 24, 2019

Alot of this starts at home and having stability for the women and mothers. In most communities its always the women who nurture the Young kids brains, feed em, bathe em. It starts with uplifting the women. Not forgetting my Men but Men are a little bit more tougher in certain times of conflict.

Reactions: MoJoInDR

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
While I agree with you in theory, I just don't see the current govt doing anything like this. I don't think it would be too popular.
I hear you... But also know from experience that there's more than one way to skin a cat... It's what marketing is all about... Finding the unique selling proposition, and then developing the process/mechanics in and through which it can be communicated and positively received by the target market.

Reactions: NanSanPedro