55 Gallons Drum Shipping

CJL56

Mar 21, 2020
I’m also on the same boat as JasonD. Had a few extra questions:

(1) does anyone have any recommendations in the NYC areas for reputable shippers that will deliver the drum door to door?

(2) the only thing that I’m concerned about shipping are two computer monitors. They are both used and it is clear that they are but was curious for any advice to avoid paying high taxes and fees? Should I not tell anyone they are in there and hope for the best?

(3) the drum comes with a latch that allows for a little lock. Do y’all usually put locks on it? How do you all go about securing the lid to make sure no one opens it and stuff.
I use Tony Shipping on Long Island in Bay Shore,, never a problem

Aug 29, 2017
I’m also on the same boat as JasonD. Had a few extra questions:

(1) does anyone have any recommendations in the NYC areas for reputable shippers that will deliver the drum door to door?

(2) the only thing that I’m concerned about shipping are two computer monitors. They are both used and it is clear that they are but was curious for any advice to avoid paying high taxes and fees? Should I not tell anyone they are in there and hope for the best?

(3) the drum comes with a latch that allows for a little lock. Do y’all usually put locks on it? How do you all go about securing the lid to make sure no one opens it and stuff.
Hey all!

Just wanted to circle back to say thank you for everyone's input. I opted for using a shipper called: Santiago Cargo Express. They have great reviews on google and are one of the few shippers that pride themselves in items arriving to DR (without theft)... Will give an update once it actually arrives to see if anything is missing but figured it would be useful to share in case anyone was interested: https://www.santiagocargoexpress.com/index.php/en/

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I know the driver..... he knows the route.....
I get frequent updates....

Jesus Parra is the man in Corona NY
They sell empanadas and Presidente in the neighborhood
Quite Dominican

williamramirez

Mar 25, 2021
USA
Used is the key... remove all price tags ect..valuble items like the gold jewerly was not put in the box... was sent separate in the carry on luggage of a family member on a plane from Miami.........

You have to say what's inside. In addition, such a check can take place even without your participation, if the service suspects anything.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
You have to say what's inside. In addition, such a check can take place even without your participation, if the service suspects anything.
yes they can and do look inside...if you leave the tags on they can tax you as the things would be considered new......

williamramirez

Mar 25, 2021
USA
Hey all!

Just wanted to circle back to say thank you for everyone's input. I opted for using a shipper called: Santiago Cargo Express. They have great reviews on google and are one of the few shippers that pride themselves here in items arriving to DR (without theft)... Will give an update once it actually arrives to see if anything is missing but figured it would be useful to share in case anyone was interested: https://www.santiagocargoexpress.com/index.php/en/
Santiago Cargo Express is one of the best trucking companies. I hope that your shipment went well.