5k in RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There is no such place in the DR. Banks even tip off thieves when you leave the bank with a decent size withdrawal amount.

lol, I see literally a hundred people a week leave or arrive at the bank with hundreds of thousands DOP or American dollars. I haven't heard of any robbery attempts in over a year, and in a place like Jarabacoa you know about things like that within hours.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
ROTFLMAO, what in the world does a single male need a cook for? Maybe a cleaning woman once or twice a week.

5k for a single male in la capital will have a nice life but definitely not living like a king.

I am at a loss to see why a single man should not need a cook and why more than one would need a cook . For me, I prefer to shower in the morning and have my breakfast waiting for me and after I return from playing golf or tennis or swimming , I certainly do not wish to do anything in the kitchen, even if I could . My home needs dusting daily and my clothes need washing and ironing daily ..I cannot think that that is out of the ordinary . Especially in this country where even the most middle of middle class have domestic help .

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
So sorry Bob Saunders ..you said it yourself ..but I did give an example of a north coast town in my first post..I suppose a hill town is little different .

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
1000 a month for food maybe if he is 500 pds no more than 400
he has health insurance for life another 250 his way
one thing I left out is a gym membership 100
if he lives close to the beach thats more money his way walking distance
no way 500 in cabs I will hook him up with uber most he will spend is 200 .
My friend is going to be living very welll here. ask any dominican how they would live on 237k peos a month .....

Good Debate though
I live very well in the capital on a lot less than 5k

If you have all the answers why ask the question.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am at a loss to see why a single man should not need a cook and why more than one would need a cook . For me, I prefer to shower in the morning and have my breakfast waiting for me and after I return from playing golf or tennis or swimming , I certainly do not wish to do anything in the kitchen, even if I could . My home needs dusting daily and my clothes need washing and ironing daily ..I cannot think that that is out of the ordinary . Especially in this country where even the most middle of middle class have domestic help .

Whatever, you can have your cook then as I will trade the cook in for a chica running around sin ropa.

How many times a day you change your clothes that they need washing everyday. Maybe cut back on the cook's hours and buy more clothes.............. just sayin'

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Whatever, you can have your cook then as I will trade the cook in for a chica running around sin ropa.

How many times a day you change your clothes that they need washing everyday. Maybe cut back on the cook's hours and buy more clothes.............. just sayin'

can i come over and sit on your couch?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My friend is going to be living very welll here. ask any dominican how they would live on 237k peos a month .....

Good Debate though

Ok, single male 1000 supermarket is too much. 500 should do. A couple would need 800-1000 easily.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Now big bird ,this getting rather personal don't you think. I change my underwear twice at least during the day and I use at least two shirts a day but sometimes three if i wear mangas largas at night . Socks are used once only . I think my bed sheets are changed on monday and thursday and my bath towels are changed every three days . Table linen is regularly changed with serviettes washed after use . Quite a lot with other house work for a sweet maid sin o con ropas

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

Good Debate though

200 for cabs in a month means 6,50 per day on average, or 300 pesos. That means leaving the house twice a day on short trips. If that's enough for your friend, so be it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So sorry Bob Saunders ..you said it yourself ..but I did give an example of a north coast town in my first post..I suppose a hill town is little different .

I am too busy with the school to have a regular golf day....etc. I am luckt to find time to go to the gym. We have coffee and museli for breakfast and eat our lunch and supper at my MIL's all prepared. Yes dusting is everyday, and we have a lady that comes in about twice a month to iron, but she is an employee at the school and that was part of her contract. We have enough clothing to cloth a small army.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think I could do well on $60k/yr almost anywhere.

As to North Coast labor

figure on 500 pesos/day for the men, less for cooks/maids.

we just had a gardener discussion here about pay scales in Cab/Sos

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
60k is ok anywhere in the DR. It's not the cheapest country in the world but even in northern Europe it still is enough to live decent. But for some people even 20 a month is not enough.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
For a single person 5k is more than enough to live well. The question would be what do they consider well??

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
All i said is with 5k he will live very well .. not have to worry about anything. and pretty much do what he wants to do... Remember if my friends decides to live in a gated community with a pool and gym , there will be many days he spends no money .. a chica would love to keep he company . my opinon is he will live very well...
Really who can drink everyday? not me ....i can play golf every other day.....:cheeky:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
60k is ok anywhere in the DR. It's not the cheapest country in the world but even in northern Europe it still is enough to live decent. But for some people even 20 a month is not enough.

I can live fine in the Netherlands with 3k, in DR I'm not even halfway with 3k. 

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
For a single person 5k is more than enough to live well. The question would be what do they consider well??
I would say being able to  to enjoy dinner maybe twice a month go to the beach twice a month couple rounds of golf .  And I agree with you I think 5K is plenty I just want to put it on the forum to hear the other peoples opinions and boy did I get them 

Status
Not open for further replies.