6 Down in 24 h

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Those umwanted consequences you want to put on the back burner could very well show up at your doorstep or in your bedroom while your sleeping.

You don't fight crime with crime.

I understand. However, several years back I was living in southamerica and I saw crime rise fast. It should have been stopped when it was possible. Now it's too late. I don't know if you have ever been attacked by any of these vicious criminals, but once it happens (and I certainly hope it does not happen to you), you just understand that any measure has to be massive.
Sure, you can always put them in jail and let them walk in a few days due to the Codigo Procesal Penal.

Furthermore, I understand the shooting was coming from both sides (maybe not true), so that would rule that out as a crime.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I hope they get the message now!

What exactly is that message? That if you don't pay up then we might kill you. Trust me those were just people who either were nobodies or just didn't pay up. In almost every place in The DR not only does the police knows who the "bad guys" are, but they're the ones providing the protection and/or committing the crimes themselves. How do you think drugs dealers thrive in a place where everyone knows your business?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
What exactly is that message? That if you don't pay up then we might kill you. Trust me those were just people who either were nobodies or just didn't pay up. In almost every place in The DR not only does the police knows who the "bad guys" are, but they're the ones providing the protection and/or committing the crimes themselves. How do you think drugs dealers thrive in a place where everyone knows your business?

Though I agree that PN has to have a strong hand with these delincuentes, I definitely feel the same.....Most of the PN know who the criminals are, and are probably being pressured from higher ups to do something about the criminals in their areas. So, the ones getting killed are probably the ones that didn't pay.

Only way to lower crime in the DR is to get rid of 80% of the PN by replacing them. Now, thats another nightmare; Im pretty sure this has crossed some higher ups mind but they probably thought what Im thinking: "When we get rid of these guys, what will these trained people do for food"?

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011

Look for them, Find Them, and arrest them and if they fight back "IN THE PROCESS" use deadly force...Thats the message!

(They put themselfs in this situation)

"almost every place in The DR not only does the police knows who the "bad guys" are?

I agree... THE POLICE KNOW WHO THE BAD GUYS ARE...READ MESSAGE ABOVE!

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Putting progress down before it has been allowed to root gets tiring, once in a while it is nice to think change can be made. This change in government seems a good starting point to try to trend a little positive thought. Everything has to start somewhere, but if we keep mocking good efforts then we will never appreciate it when there is real change. Chin up for a change, see what happens.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Though I agree that PN has to have a strong hand with these delincuentes, I definitely feel the same.....Most of the PN know who the criminals are, and are probably being pressured from higher ups to do something about the criminals in their areas. So, the ones getting killed are probably the ones that didn't pay.

Only way to lower crime in the DR is to get rid of 80% of the PN by replacing them. Now, thats another nightmare; Im pretty sure this has crossed some higher ups mind but they probably thought what Im thinking: "When we get rid of these guys, what will these trained people do for food"?

They replaced a mass 4 year ago (maybe it was 6,7 or 8) they were replaced with clones.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
They replaced a mass 4 year ago (maybe it was 6,7 or 8) they were replaced with clones.

It seems that the problem here is that whereas in "civilised" countries, people join the police force as a good career that is beneficial to the community, and then a few get corrupted, here people join knowing it's a good way to make a lot of corrupt money and to hell with the crime and drug raddled community.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
As long as man walks the earth you will have crime. The profound people of the world understand you do not stop, lower, or raise the level of crime. You POINT it in another direction. Believe if you lower crime in a paticular area, it rises somewhere else. Street Crime101.

BTW Every criminal the police kills 5 more is waiting to take his place.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It seems that the problem here is that whereas in "civilised" countries, people join the police force as a good career that is beneficial to the community, and then a few get corrupted, here people join knowing it's a good way to make a lot of corrupt money and to hell with the crime and drug raddled community.

I agree in general. But in the UK people join the force for the career, the country average salary, the early retirement with great pension. I don't think so much to help the community as much as the great, safe, average and secure lifestyle it offers.
Yes, absolutely right about PN, they are rats, worse than rats, rats hit. There are a few good ones that have to tow the corrupt line when they would prefer to be doing it by the book, but not many. The PN is a legal mafia and nothing more, people who join up are just lazy criminals who want a safe seat rather than working at street level. A license to commit crime is all they want.
How do you crack that?
They have British influencing the prison service at the moment (no idea in what capacity but I read about a year ago something was going on) maybe seek some assistance for the PN is the answer, but that might stop the problem, and the problem needs to continue. If it was not corrupt then many people would loose a lot of money and influence on illegal goings on within, that won't happen.

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
True. But I guess we can deal with those unwanted consequences later. Right now, crime has to be stopped at all costs.

But you can't really stop crime when the ones in charge of doing that are committing crimes themselves, with no limits or repercussions.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
For me I can handle the criminals, I don't find them the issue. What I can not handle is the PN being the criminals. If I get held up or burgled I want them to be unemployed true scum filth of the earth criminals, not the PN. If I am stopped in my car and checked out, I want to be checked out and told to go on my way, I don't even want a smile. Not have my papers held until I offer a propina. If my neighbour shoots a burglar leaving his property, I don't them want to hear gunshots the next night when the PN come around to settle the score for him killing a one of them.
I can handle criminals, I can't handle the criminals and the police being on and part of the same side. And it is going to get worse now the PN are taking over all the security companies, so even our security guards can't do their job, they have to join the other side.
They are taking away all options to protect ourselves, even down to pricing guns out of most peoples price range (not that buying a gun from PN for peanuts is difficult, but very much not advised)so go figure............

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Have to agree like the Domincan war on drugs the bust they are making are minute in the grand scheme of things like these killings small fish no one of great importance low level thugs that can be replaced as easy as changing underwear. Someone has to be sacrificed to make it look like something is getting done. Mind you 6 less people to worry about but guess what another 200 or more will be coming later on in the month on that flight deported from the USA! The PN only messes with the guys that do not pay or under pressure to show results here you go. Like Giveadog says its the PN that I worry about they pretty much have a liscense to do whatever they want in this country to whoever!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
For me I can handle the criminals, I don't find them the issue. What I can not handle is the PN being the criminals. If I get held up or burgled I want them to be unemployed true scum filth of the earth criminals, not the PN. If I am stopped in my car and checked out, I want to be checked out and told to go on my way, I don't even want a smile. Not have my papers held until I offer a propina. If my neighbour shoots a burglar leaving his property, I don't them want to hear gunshots the next night when the PN come around to settle the score for him killing a one of them.
I can handle criminals, I can't handle the criminals and the police being on and part of the same side. And it is going to get worse now the PN are taking over all the security companies, so even our security guards can't do their job, they have to join the other side.
They are taking away all options to protect ourselves, even down to pricing guns out of most peoples price range (not that buying a gun from PN for peanuts is difficult, but very much not advised)so go figure............

Totally agree, getting robbed by some low life is one thing, even though it sucks, is something that can happen anywhere and is inevitable... Having some cop rob me takes something away from me deep inside.. creates a sort of fear that losing no amount of money could do.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I literally go out of my way to avoid any law enforcement in this country I just do not trust them my biggest fear is being pulled over and not robbed but having some drug planted on me and getting screwed over big time. Any foregin cop that defends the PN IMHO is wrong I do not feel they are equal to a real police officer just legal thugs! its like some of the crap that I hear that goes on in the prisons here back when I was a prison officer none of that crap would fly no no no !
In the end it is what it is just fly under the radar here and you stay out of trouble!

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Mano dura. DR needs that now in regards to reigning in criminal activity.

Until the UN steps in to complain about the Alleged abuses against DR citizens. That's what happened when "Candelier" confronted the crime problem head on, a few years ago.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I literally go out of my way to avoid any law enforcement in this country I just do not trust them my biggest fear is being pulled over and not robbed but having some drug planted on me and getting screwed over big time. Any foregin cop that defends the PN IMHO is wrong I do not feel they are equal to a real police officer just legal thugs! its like some of the crap that I hear that goes on in the prisons here back when I was a prison officer none of that crap would fly no no no !
In the end it is what it is just fly under the radar here and you stay out of trouble!

I understand your drug fear thing but I think it's pretty unrealistic honestly, much more likely to get robbed or something by them since it doesn't benefit them directly to get you arrested and put in jail.. HOWEVER, I know for a fact that the DNCD does plant drugs on people they know are dealing drugs and have their own "puntos".. They would never catch these people with drugs in their house or on them so once they get tired of them/they stop paying the right people, the DNCD plants something on them and takes em down... This is where the rumor of the DNCD going around planting drugs on people comes from.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Totally agree, getting robbed by some low life is one thing, even though it sucks, is something that can happen anywhere and is inevitable... Having some cop rob me takes something away from me deep inside.. creates a sort of fear that losing no amount of money could do.

Don't tell me you never heard of this living in southern Flordia? The police do this sort of thing in the USA also. I know MILLIONS of guys that the police robbed in the USA.

Once a bunch of my friends and I was in a car and the police stopped us. They search the car and found some medicine( you know the kind you smoke) if we did not want to go to jail and have the car impounded we had to give them all the money in our pockets. It was around maybe 300USD total.

BTW I know guys in southern Flordia get shaken down way more then in Illinios. Guess how many women are driving around in the USA that had to preform some sex act on a police officer because they did not want to get into to trouble.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Only 8 million to go!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

No, the police just need to identify or target the former Police officers that have been fired from the force ... investigate and kill them if the are up to no good.

The police should also go through the list of the people deported from the US.... If they committed violent crimes in the US... persecute them and kill them... no questions asked....

But, that is just what I would do...