7 Caribbean Destinations Where You Can Vacation Comfortably on $2,000 for 2 Weeks

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Did a quick check of two week AI resort prices, primarily Playa Dorada for off season (July-August) from Toronto. Discounts up to 35% are available. As low as $1375 Canadian per person, double occupancy. That equates to $1008 US dollars at current exchange rates and includes airfare.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
some people like to show off or brag about their spending power .....they are called " Big" mouths .......Personally I was here for two weeks in April and I would think I spent about $2000 for my vacation and enjoyed it immensely
some people wear Christian Louboutin shoes, and some people wear crocs. Life is full of choices. Enjoy yours!

• Wow
Reactions: bachata

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
some people wear Christian Louboutin shoes, and some people wear crocs. Life is full of choices. Enjoy yours!
I wouldn't pay anything for most of the men's shoes in his collection. They are some ugly shoes there. I prefer a quality shoe with more functionality, and of course a great fit. Sioux shoes do the job for me. https://www.watkinsonsshoes.com/mens-c3/sioux-m12 I have some Auturo Calle from Colombia that are really nice looking and good quality as well.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think US$ 2000 for a week is very doable. Flight to SDQ from somewhere like New York, you could get this for say US$ 500 return? Nice apartment in Las Terrenas will be US$ 130 a night. You can self cater for breakfast and lunch and have dinner out, I think you'd do this comfortably for US$ 2000. Especially if this is your budget per person.

The cheap hotels that charge US$ 50 a night are usually full of tourists, as are the Spirit and Frontier flights. So clearly there is a lot of demand for these cheapo vacations.

Reactions: aarhus

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wouldn't pay anything for most of the men's shoes in his collection. They are some ugly shoes there. I prefer a quality shoe with more functionality, and of course a great fit. Sioux shoes do the job for me. https://www.watkinsonsshoes.com/mens-c3/sioux-m12 I have some Auturo Calle from Colombia that are really nice looking and good quality as well.
as I indicated Mr Bob, life is full of choices. Ferragamo is my second favorite shoe. Some men love sports cars, my vice is shoes.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

I've got some very comfortable heels that I bought for US$ 30 online, took them to a shoe mender and got them to put a red sole on them. Much much more comfortable than the real thing, and because I am someone who could afford the real thing, everyone thinks they are Louboutins.

But we digress and should return to talking about whether you can vacation in DR for US$ 2000 for a week before we get told off.

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
I have stayed at Alicia Beach Hotel in Sosua 10 days 62$ per day 545$ round trip from DC 1165.00. I think its doable !

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
as I indicated Mr Bob, life is full of choices. Ferragamo is my second favorite shoe. Some men love sports cars, my vice is shoes.
I used to wear Ferragamo shoes in DR before I moved to US, here I wear Red Wings and Caterpillar boots 🤒
Don't tell nobody I never bought the Ferragamo shoes my cousing Sawen donated to me he is a rich business man in SD.

JJ

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I have a few myself, I like vintage watches.
Still have my Seiko issue Mickey Mouse watch. Around 40 years old now. I think Timex made a version a long time ago. The Seiko is much better quality. Walking around the DR streets I wear a ratty old Timex Ironman. An older Rolex Submariner is on my wish list.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I used to wear Ferragamo shoes in DR before I moved to US, here I wear Red Wings and Caterpillar boots 🤒
Don't tell nobody I never bought the Ferragamo shoes my cousing Sawen donated to me he is a rich business man in SD.

JJ
My favourite shoes are my Reikers. Made in Germany . Good looking dress shoes, light weight, and great for hot climates. They can be expensive but I buy them on sale. A woman once told me women notice men who wear nice shoes. She was right.