829 SMS to the DR problem

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
have any others had issues texting the DR?

i'm finding sms from the US to the DR works fine for all numbers i've tried except one -- it starts out 1-829-642

i'm pretty sure i can text other 829 numbers fine; in this case verizon gives me an error and tells me its a landline (which it obviously isn't).

is there a way to still text from my cell? if not, whats the workaround?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Adrian, I don't think all 829#'s are cellular. You say it obviously isn't a land line - don't know if you're basing that on the prefix.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
have any others had issues texting the DR?

i'm finding sms from the US to the DR works fine for all numbers i've tried except one -- it starts out 1-829-642

i'm pretty sure i can text other 829 numbers fine; in this case verizon gives me an error and tells me its a landline (which it obviously isn't).

is there a way to still text from my cell? if not, whats the workaround?

I have a similar problem. I use Skype to send SMS all the time, but when sending to 829 it doesn't work. Works perfectly with all the other regional codes.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
its definitely a cellphone; it belongs to a friend and i've used it :)

i'm not sure why this is, maybe some weirdness in verizon's network. each time i try i get an error back saying its a landline. i didn't have this issue with my at&t cellphone.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
You have to reported to your phone company, I was having problem calling to my brother in USA, I could call all numbers in USA except my brother?s number, took cople of months to find the problem to my company because If I call him from another number in my same company network the call go thru without problem, but now its ok.

From Skype they havent updated their program, for Dominican republic only appear 809.