A day in the life

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Nope

I haven't been to Rijo's academy, but I understand it's very nice. There are apparently three teams there regularly, in partnership with the Reds and Yankees.

Rijo also sponsors a team of his own that (apparently) just don't make the cut for the MLB promoted team, and they are quite good too. I know that CMS's baseball team plays against them and gets smooshed.

Hitting home runs is the best way off the island.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Cleef

I read in one of your posts that you are thinking of leaving the DR. Are you leaving still?

carolinet

Oct 21, 2003
Hi Talldrink,

Glad to hear you've got such a great name!

Como te habr?s dado cuenta, hablo espa?ol, y he entendido el ?ltimo comentario en tu post.

Are you Dominican or American? Or neither?

I gather from your posts that you're not living in the DR but visit regularly.

Anyway, thanks for giving me the little bit of info you have on the baseball academies. I was just curious. I've been in San Crist?bal cuz I have friends near there (Azua) but I've never actually visited them.

Thanks again.

C

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
To Carolinet

I tried to write to you, but my computer crashed....

Soy Dominicana, vivo en NJ, visito todos los a?os a San Cristobal. I usually rent a car there and am just out and about, I go dancing every single day and normally take a mini vacation from my vacation.

You say you have been in S. Cristobal, where exactly?

Where are you? are you dominican too, usually only dominicans know what 'tocallo' son...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
A friend of mine, not dominican but living here, told me the following experience he had...and his solution.

It was on one of those rainy days, when you wonder why they call the DR a sunny place.

My friend had been doing some shopping and was heading home. While being close to his home he decided to take a carro publico.

Ofcourse (it s raining) most public cars are full, but finally he finds one.

After a few stops, people leaving and entering the car a woman with two big shopping bags wants to enter. However before entering she tells the driver. Te doy 100 pesos si todos salgan y me llevas al Palacio Nacional.

My friend cant believe his ears but in a quick response says: Yo doy 150 pesos si quedamos todos y la se?ora queda afuera.

The driver took off without the woman......he was an exception on the dominican rule cause did not accept my friends 150 pesos...

Another day this same friend was in a taxi in la Independencia. In front of him a from three different cars build carro publico brakes down. All passengers get out of the car. Then the dilemma of the driver. His can not be locked and he need to get help.

Solution: He tooks out the steering weel and leaves the spot.
I had to think of Mr. Bean when I heard this story.

gr. Mauricio

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Good God!!!

Discovering this thread is about as much fun as I have had reading anything in a long while!

Thank you Cleef.

:classic:

Ian

canajungirl

May 18, 2004
great pix!do you live on the west coast,cuz the ocean surf pix are really nice.you obviously are a professional photographer if not you should be.