A Denunciation of Phase 2 Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I think they have more visitors relatively to their population size. They can easier contain it maybe. They have a head start. The DR will have to open up tourism in stages. It may be exaggerated the whole virus thing but the DR can’t appear to not take it serious. I hope they think about the long term. Apart from that more focus on health is not a bad thing.

I think you hit it, John when you say appear to take it seriously. There are enough scaredy cats out there that won't go anywhere

Reactions: aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One case caused the disaster that is still ongoing in San Francisco de Macoris.

One case. Not a few cases. So many people still do not understand this contagion.you
Airborne respiratory diseases that cause pandemics don't go away through social distancing unless the social distancing is well executed and for impractically long periods of time.

As we all can see throughout the world, that practical period of social distancing has already ended. Let the next wave begin. It only takes one infected person as was pointed out. Perhaps the next period of time will allow it to run its course.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Airborne respiratory diseases that cause pandemics don't go away through social distancing unless the social distancing is well executed and for impractically long periods of time.

As we all can see throughout the world, that practical period of social distancing has already ended. Let the next wave begin. It only takes one infected person as was pointed out. Perhaps the next period of time will allow it to run its course.
I agree that they will probably give up on the social distancing, lockdowns etc. for the next wave. These measures mainly achieved their aim - to stop medical services being overwhelmed. The exceptions being places like Brazil, where the President was against all preventative measures. For the next wave most countries will be better prepared.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree that they will probably give up on the social distancing, lockdowns etc. for the next wave. These measures mainly achieved their aim - to stop medical services being overwhelmed. The exceptions being places like Brazil, where the President was against all preventative measures. For the next wave most countries will be better prepared.
Social distancing is indeed done to not overwhelm the medical system. At least no politician I know of said that it would actually stop the disease. It certainly is not stopping it in the DR:

1591454362997.png

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
or = the flip side

not as flat as it could have been......

we're looking for flat/declining..... need to see a destination in sight.....

The second wave - after Phase 1 reopening - has yet to hit

Status
Not open for further replies.