A Dominican is worth for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
"the percentage of civilized and educated people are very low," - that is definitely the case with Bolivia, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, parts of Mexico, Peru, Argentina etc...... - why single out the Dominicans.....
I can tell you honestly, believe me or not, I have traveled a lot, over US, Latin America, Caribbean, Africa and Asia, and my personal opinion is that DR has the highest percentage of dumb people, and they are not just dumb, they are extremely dumb. I am really surprised that they have a lot of really good (and smart) doctors and high quality medical services here, some really good lawyers, but the majority of the population.... DUMB DUMB DUMB. sorry.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Excuse me, but the point was that JJ was asking WHY?

We must be reading different forums. This is what he said:

"My believe as of my five years of experience living in the US is that we Dominicans are seem to be worth for nothing by people of other countries including our brothers of Latino American descendant.

I can't eat this Sh**t one of theses days I am going to have a very bad behavior about that!

Today there it was a guy from Uruguay bragging to be better than me in front of my American coworkers.

Holy crap!

JJ

He's not asking WHY, he's frustrated that it happened to him, from another Latino who it appears hasn't assimilated as well as JJ - poor English, not a U.S. citizen after 25 years, etc. JJ certainly didn't start this thread to hear a bunch of non-Dominicans bash him even more!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Both part of the Commonwealth ....no ???? so yes.

the DR is a part of the United Nations. using your logic regarding membership in an international organization, the DR should be culturally similar to the Czech Republic, right?

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
he's frustrated that it happened to him, from another Latino who it appears hasn't assimilated as well as JJ - poor English, not a U.S. citizen after 25 years, etc. JJ certainly didn't start this thread to hear a bunch of non-Dominicans bash him even more!
I don't bash him personally. I explain why people treat Dominicans like this. It's not his fault, but it's fault of millions of other Dominicans. Sad but true.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is very good question. I can tell you why. Because people get tired of stupidity. If they see one, then another one, then hundreds Dumbminicans, they get tired of that. And when they meet a normal Dominican, they will treat him as a Dumbminican, regardless of his class and education.

During my first couple of years in DR, I really tried to judge DR by its best. After 8 years, I judge DR by its worst.

Should you not treat each person based on them as an individual, not any past preconception about their nationality. I for example have never experienced a Dominican cooking North American or European style cakes and cookies with any skill. Yesterday I had some Walnut cake and several Torts that were fantastic. Cooked by an Economist, the wife of Falutcho Jimenez. This lady was very entertaining and knowledgeable about a lot of different subjects. Now many nasty things have been said about her husband but I can tell you he is a gracious host, not loud and rough at all.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not understand. what is the point of this thread? a dominican complaining about bashing dominicans? really? every nation in the world boasts to be better than thy neighbour. you should listen to the crap spat out by different european nations. i ignore it, personally. that's because secretly i know polaks are better than anyone else. because, duh.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I get it. I do the same with Uruguayans, Argentinians, Bolivians, Salvadoranians, Hondurans, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Venezuelans, Colombians, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc.... the whole lot .....

Other than the Colombians, I don't hold the rest in too high of a regard. .... mostly basura if you ask me......

its like all of Latin America is infested with people who actually think that they are really Spanish - you know ... from Spain - pure. They try and have these airs..... piensan que son gente .....

This is really sad. As what you refer to as "mostly basura" I can definitely tell a large portion of Dominicans have a HORRIBLE inferiority complex. Everyone in the "Cono Sur" is cocky. They're raised to believe they're superior when in fact, no one is. If you feel the need to say you're superior then it's pretty much otherwise.

I do think Dominicans speak a different kind of Spanish that I honestly don't understand (and I've heard a bunch of dominicans say they speak Dominicano and not Spanish). If you were in my country you'd understand a bit more but still wouldn't get everything because of the slang.

This is just a sad thread.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i do not understand. what is the point of this thread? a dominican complaining about bashing dominicans? really? every nation in the world boasts to be better than thy neighbour. you should listen to the crap spat out by different european nations. i ignore it, personally. that's because secretly i know polaks are better than anyone else. because, duh.

as a guy who was born in the caribbean, i can tell you that there is nothing worse than the inter-island hatred nonsense. Trinis hate guys from Barbados, who hate guys from St Vincent, and so on. the only guys who get along are the guys who attend the University of the West Indies. the juxtaposition seems to cure a lot of the rivalries which are germinated by ignorance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think we're done here.

JJ, if there are further developments, send me a PM and I will reopen this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.