A fair price for a can of Heinz Baked beans?

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I'm sure a whole lamb would be okay but not if it's alive....otherwise it'll end up as a pet....bit of a hypocrite when it comes to lamb I'm afraid. How much would that cost me? If I can't fit it all in my freezer I'm sure I'll find someone to share it.

Just let me know when and how much.

Many Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Lamb

I have posted a new thread of my own now for anyone interested in lamb for dinner or for breeding - would be glad to hear from you.

tish

Mar 10, 2007
I'd be prepared to pay ?1.38 for a can if my son was homesick for it, especially because vegans can it eat.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Importing British

Hi Everyone,

I got into this thread rather late I know, but recently I was made aware that there are lots of Brit products available in the Turks & Caicos, and not only foodstuff. If you're on the north coast you're almost equidistant from the islands and Santo Domingo!

I know people who would be able to purchase and transport the stuff back to say Puerto Plata. This, for various and some quite obvious reasons, cannot be run as a large scale commercial operation in the early stages, but if there was someone amongst us who would be prepared to consolidate the orders and someone who could coordinate short term storage until collection by the orderers, I'm sure that other aspects can be resolved.

I'd be happy to explore this further if anyone is serious about it.

Best,

Bryan

yogibear

Jan 27, 2007
baked beans

i will be back in the dominican republic in december i normally bring us dollars but this year i think i will bring heinz baked beans

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
i will be back in the dominican republic in december i normally bring us dollars but this year i think i will bring heinz baked beans
Ahhhh, REAL currency as opposed to that 'Monopoly' stuff you mean??

Don't eat too many tins before you leave UK otherwise you might have an excessive tail wind ensuring you get here 1/2 hour after you set off from UK!! ~ Grahame ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Oooooooohhhhh! Van Camps was always a favourite over Heinz in my mother's house. I make a wicked chili con carne with them!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
friends got them for me but think they are readily available in Santiago supermarkets and possibly also in Tropical at POP

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I remember last year Carina posted on here she had found some Heinz Beans at that supermarket in POP, by the time we got there the shelves were cleared ahhhhhhhh the advertising power of DR1

cuas

May 29, 2006
Mmm let's see.. we're not in Dr yet, but hoping to be at the beginning of May. I would definitely buy the following products. You could look into investing in Vegan food, because I've been finding it difficult to know if they have even heard of Vegans in the Dominican.

Heinz baked beans
HP Sauce
Oxo cubes, but vegetable flavour
Marmite
Branston Pickle
Ribena
Sweets (Jelly babies, Liquorice Allsorts, Haribou)

I'd pay the asking price, if I couldn't get it cheaper.

HP sauce here in NY cost $3.50. Is that too expensive? I want to try it but I do not want to pay too much. I am doing some research because like international food. The real thing.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Now I have discovered Van Camp's Pork and Beans I am a happy bunny!! (Eat your heart out Heinz)!!!

Where did you find them?

Just bought an 8-pack at PriceSmart in Santiago for 199.95 pesos.
That's 25 pesos a can, or 76? U.S. a can.

The price was so shocking that I forgot I liked "Baked Beans, not "Pork & Beans".
Oh well, only 7 more cans of "Pork & Beans" to eat!

In the Dominican what?
What's a "Dominican What" ?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just To Make You All Feel Bad!!!!

"Baked Beans" are 10 for $10.00 at "Stop&Shop" in Massachusetts this week! To make you all feel "WORSE", that is for the 28 oz can!
I am just about to fry the bacon,then the onions, to add to a can right now! A little molasses,brown sugar,mustard,maybe some "KC MASTERPIECE",catsup,garlic powder,fresh ground black pepper,who knows?:cheeky: It is "THE FOURTH" you know! I pitty tose on the plane to Santo Domingo with me on Saturday!;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC