A good cause and a great excuse to get together!

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
1,660
30
0
www.thecandidacy.com
For those of you who live in or near Santo Domingo there is an event coming up that I wanted to let you know about. Mount Moria Lodge #52, the only English language lodge of Freemasonry in the Dominican Republic, is hosting a BBQ on the 14th of October. The lodge is selling tickets to the event to raise money for the Albergue Infantil Episcopal El Buen Samaritano (orphanage) located in San Francisco de Macoris.


The BBQ will be at the Lebanese Social Club located on Autopista 30 de Mayo (The Malecon, between Centro de los Heroes y Nu?ez de Caceres). The Club is very nice. It is a great facility with plenty of parking.


All are welcome! Tickets are RD$200 for adults and RD$100 for children under 12.


Ticket prices includes all you can eat BBQ. There will also be a full bar for those who want to buy other drinks. The BBQ kicks off at 5PM. This really is a great cause.


If you have any questions about the BBQ email or PM me.

Scandall
 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
20,575
326
83
dr1.com
Looking forward to it!!!

If your a DR1er and want to go, send me a PM and I'll pay for your ticket, especially as it's going to a great cause. If you have 0 posts, don't bother :)

Juanita, JDJones, Ilana???

Should be a fun night with a few DR1er's feasting.
 

Embajador

New member
Aug 10, 2005
17
0
0
If you live in sosua/puerto plata, I can pay for your ticket as well and give you a ride, just PM me. I have room for 3 people in my car.
 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
20,575
326
83
dr1.com
Embajador said:
If you live in sosua/puerto plata, I can pay for your ticket as well and give you a ride, just PM me. I have room for 3 people in my car.
Hehehe.. nice! Escott, you have a driver and a ticket, what more do you need?
 

TimInDR

New member
Jun 4, 2005
147
0
0
www.prestigecarrentals.com
Embajador said:
If you live in sosua/puerto plata, I can pay for your ticket as well and give you a ride, just PM me. I have room for 3 people in my car.
I'll be going as well and can provide transportation from Cabarete, POP, and Sosua for those interested.

Let me know.

Tim
 

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
1,660
30
0
www.thecandidacy.com
fko1 said:
Scandall, are you a member of the lodge?
Yes, I am.

Wow. Great response so far. Looks like this is a great excuse to get some of you to the Capital. The BBQ starts at 5PM until whenever. Afterwards, we can continue with a DR1 gathering in a different location. Maybe someplace where we can shoot pool, drink, talk etc.

Scandall
 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
20,575
326
83
dr1.com
Escott said:
Heh, I think I may hold out for a hotel room! LOL
Hehehe.... I have a spare room.
You'd get to sleep in the same bed Larry was sleeping in.
I can leave the sheets on if you like?
 

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
1,660
30
0
www.thecandidacy.com
This is great. Besides the thread I have received lots of PM's.

I will come up with a post BBQ location/activity for all the DR1ers who are coming.

This truly is a good cause. The orphanage needs a lot of things.

FYI: We will not be giving them cash. We have inquired as to what they need for the facility and will use the money we raise to buy those things. Members of the lodge will personally deliver what we donate.

Scandall
 

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
1,988
0
0
Do I qualify

Robert said:
Looking forward to it!!!

If your a DR1er and want to go, send me a PM and I'll pay for your ticket, especially as it's going to a great cause. If you have 0 posts, don't bother :)
I'm a DR1'er and want to go .... airfare ~$400. CAD + Ticket $200 RD :) :)
 

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
21,843
188
0
34
yahoomail.com
"OK",Robert,Let Me Help You Out Here!

I bet you will never have to "STARCH" those sheets again,after Larry slept on them.I heard that, like "Confucius" says:..."Man Who Go To Sleep With Sex On Mind,Wake Up With "SOLUTION" In Hand"!!!
"GO BIG Larry,GO!"

That number for the STO DGO Marriot is:
"69"-"69"-"0U812"...say it "Slowly" a few times and even Anna might get it!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
 

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
7,716
6
0
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Scandall said:
For those of you who live in or near Santo Domingo there is an event coming up that I wanted to let you know about. Mount Moria Lodge #52, the only English language lodge of Freemasonry in the Dominican Republic, is hosting a BBQ on the 14th of October. The lodge is selling tickets to the event to raise money for the Albergue Infantil Episcopal El Buen Samaritano (orphanage) located in San Francisco de Macoris.


The BBQ will be at the Lebanese Social Club located on Autopista 30 de Mayo (The Malecon, between Centro de los Heroes y Nu?ez de Caceres). The Club is very nice. It is a great facility with plenty of parking.


All are welcome! Tickets are RD$200 for adults and RD$100 for children under 12.


Ticket prices includes all you can eat BBQ. There will also be a full bar for those who want to buy other drinks. The BBQ kicks off at 5PM. This really is a great cause.


If you have any questions about the BBQ email or PM me.

Scandall
You sure about the date? That is a Friday.

Escott
 

Chirimoya

Moderator - East Coast & Headline News
Dec 9, 2002
17,705
802
113
I checked the day of the week as well as a 5:00 start sounds like the sort of thing you plan for a weekend. The 14th (Friday) is my birthday and I'm not sure how I'm going to spend it yet, but if the BBQ is on the Saturday we may well take up Robert's kind offer.
 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
20,575
326
83
dr1.com
BBQ is Friday 14th.

I was at the location about 2 months ago having dinner.
They have lots of parking and a very nice large swimming pool ideal for kids.
Not sure if they have changing facilities as I didn't take a dip.

Maybe Scandall could find out and post more details.
A couple of photos would be nice as well :)
 

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
1,660
30
0
www.thecandidacy.com
The BBQ is all set for next Friday and we expect a great crowd. Thanks to all the DR1ers who have said they were coming. Tickets can be bought at the door.

The whole thing kicks off at 5PM (yes, it is early) and goes until whenever. Food, ice cream and juice are included in your tickets. If you want beers etc. there is a full service bar there. There should be plenty of food.

After the festivities die down all of us DR1ers can relocate to another Cafe to shoot pool, catch up and have a few laughs.

I look forward to seeing you all there. Thanks again.

Scandall