A healthy liver - Drink more coffee

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So all you alcoholics - maybe it's time to drink Irish or Mexican coffee drinks next time you go to the bar to promote a healthy liver

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
So all you alcoholics - maybe it's time to drink Irish or Mexican coffee drinks next time you go to the bar to promote a healthy liver

:unsure: Interesting at first glance, but I wouldn't trust anybody who cant spell knowledge ("knowridge") correctly. lol!

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
From the Site:
The word Knowridge® is a combination of the words “knowledge” and “bridge”. The goal of the Knowridge Science Report is to become the bridge between the science world and the public.

Learned elsewhere that fructose (lugar from fruits, in Softdrinks, processed foods) can only be processed by the liver AND Puts the Same amount of Stress to the liver AS alcohol.
The good News ist that a fetty liver regenerates fast and complete even from a very bad condition.

Coffee ist good, but better omit the Coke fromm your Cuba libre.

Alexander

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
It's unfortunate that the level of information on healthy living wasn't made available decades ago... I swam competitively (even visited the DR once with a team), played cricket and soccer through high school, played squash competitively, beginning in my teens, and played rugby in my twenties... But never started hearing about proper gut health until maybe ten years ago... And I'd like to think I'm pretty well-read.

I'd hoped it would be something that is being taught in schools these days, but I don't think it is.

Oh... And I've been a mountain biker since '95.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
:unsure: Interesting at first glance, but I wouldn't trust anybody who cant spell knowledge ("knowridge") correctly. lol!
"The word Knowridge® is a combination of the words “knowledge” and “bridge”. The goal of the Knowridge Science Report is to become the bridge between the science world and the public."

I see that you're just joking, but just wanted point out that it appears that the word is even a registered trademark of the site and carefully composed, makes sense to me :)

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
I'd hoped it would be something that is being taught in schools these days, but I don't think it is.
Henry Ford said:
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Similiar it is with food:
Dr. Eckberg (youtube channel) is the opinion that 80% of the most common deseases can be avoided (diabetis, cardiovascular system, strokes, cancer) and life expectancy would increase 20 to 30 years in better quality if people would eat healthy.
This means to quit all kinds of sugar and only little fructose, alcohol, starch (pasta, white rice, white bread), refined oil (the cheap cooking oils), margarine, everything deep fried, colours and flavourings, highly processed foods in general.
Even all kinds of cereal products (including all bread) because they exist only since 4500 years and we still can not digest them well.

For the D.R. this means that 90% of supermarket and 70% of colmado products are a no-no.
If the government would acknowledge how poisonous many products are they would have to be taken out of the market by law.

Imagine all of this companies going out of business:
Coca Cola, Pepsi, Kelloggs, Nestle, Annheuse-Busch, Mondulez, Unilever, Tyson etc.

And then many drugs are not needed any more erasing profits of the top state sponsors like Pfizer, Johnson % Johnson, Novartis etc.

Teaching of healthy nutrition and what money is is not going to happen.

Alexander

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Henry Ford said:
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Dr. Eckberg (youtube channel) is the opinion that 80% of the most common deseases can be avoided (diabetis, cardiovascular system, strokes, cancer) and life expectancy would increase 20 to 30 years in better quality if people would eat healthy.
This means to quit all kinds of sugar and only little fructose, alcohol, starch (pasta, white rice, white bread), refined oil (the cheap cooking oils), margarine, everything deep fried, colours and flavourings, highly processed foods in general.
Even all kinds of cereal products (including all bread) because they exist only since 4500 years and we still can not digest them well.

For the D.R. this means that 90% of supermarket and 70% of colmado products are a no-no.
If the government would acknowledge how poisonous many products are they would have to be taken out of the market by law.

Coca Cola, Pepsi, Kelloggs, Nestle, Annheuse-Busch, Mondulez, Unilever, Tyson etc.

And then many drugs are not needed any more erasing profits of the top state sponsors like Pfizer, Johnson % Johnson, Novartis etc.

Alexander
You're born, you live, and then you die. My mom lived to 101, my dad 93 and they shopped at supermarkets
If you fret & worry the day to day live, to the point of distraction, you are wasting your time on this planet.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
My mom lived to 101, my dad 93 and they shopped at supermarkets
In the time your parents lived the products were by far not as much processed and optimized for profit than they are today. The habits in preparing food were different and work was different. Todays grains are optimized for yield and resilence with unknown digestibility.
Genetics are an important factor.

Think waste of time is when feeling tired, weak, waiting for doctors, loose sight, suffering from obesity and the consequences of diabetis.

The majority of people in western countries and now in China also are affected by their choices of products, think about half of the people are sliding into diabetis type 2.

I learned that I was in diabetis type 2 (insuline resistance) 4 month ago. Immiadiatly stopped eating all sugar and starch and switched to healthy food and blood sugar went to regular in only 2 weeks.
Lost 12 kg without feeling hungry, feeling much much better and more motivated since I completly changed my menu and do moderate excersises.
Stopped buying and consuming 90% of supermarkt products, because I see them to be made and advertised for shareholder value only and not for nutrition.
Still have a homemade pizza, beer and whine at times (miraculously, the craving for beer has also disappeared).

Highly recommend to learn about healthy nutrition. The more people know, the more products they avoid and less worries and health issues they develop.

Alexander

Reactions: MoJoInDR

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
In the time your parents lived the products were by far not as much processed and optimized for profit than they are today. The habits in preparing food were different and work was different. Todays grains are optimized for yield and resilence with unknown digestibility.
Genetics are an important factor.

Think waste of time is when feeling tired, weak, waiting for doctors, loose sight, suffering from obesity and the consequences of diabetis.

The majority of people in western countries and now in China also are affected by their choices of products, think about half of the people are sliding into diabetis type 2.

I learned that I was in diabetis type 2 (insuline resistance) 4 month ago. Immiadiatly stopped eating all sugar and starch and switched to healthy food and blood sugar went to regular in only 2 weeks.
Lost 12 kg without feeling hungry, feeling much much better and more motivated since I completly changed my menu and do moderate excersises.
Stopped buying and consuming 90% of supermarkt products, because I see them to be made and advertised for shareholder value only and not for nutrition.
Still have a homemade pizza, beer and whine at times (miraculously, the craving for beer has also disappeared).

Highly recommend to learn about healthy nutrition. The more people know, the more products they avoid and less worries and health issues they develop.

Alexander
Somewhere along the way, marketing folks figured out that the general population would buy excessively marked up products if some TikTok influencer discussed pesticides, gluten allergies, glycemic load, night shades, cage free, grass fed. The target market for these TikTok influencers are your friends and neighbors that go around exclaiming "you know, they say... They've done studies..."

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
excessively marked up products if some TikTok influencer discussed
Switching to and buying real food means buying non branded food sold loose in supermarkets and colmados:
African potatos, apples, avocados, beans, broccoli, brown rice, cabbage, fresh chicken and beef meat, lenses, lettuce.
No branded products that an influencer can get some money for recommendation or get a commission from amazon.
No money to be made with people going healthy, not by influencers and advertising industry, especially not for the medical and pharmaceutical industry.

Alexander

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Switching to and buying real food means buying non branded food sold loose in supermarkets and colmados:
African potatos, apples, avocados, beans, broccoli, brown rice, cabbage, fresh chicken and beef meat, lenses, lettuce.
Or, not going to a supermarket or colmado at all, but buying directly from farms and markets.

The best dishes my wife's parents prepare, they do not even step foot in any business as such, they go to the POP city market for everything or my mother-in-law brings straight from the campo. Rice is bought in supermarket, but the rest is not...

For beef, they go to carniceria, for chicken, polleria and for fish, my father-in-law is a loyal customer in this one pescaderia in POP. Our kids are not exactly fish fans, but when he brings fresh fish from there, the kids fill up pretty fast...

The same thing abroad, there are supermarkets, then there are those very fancy-looking buildings for selling expensive real/organic food and then there are the outdoor/indoor markets where local businesses sell their fresh produce.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Or, not going to a supermarket or colmado at all, but buying directly from farms and markets.

The best dishes my wife's parents prepare, they do not even step foot in any business as such, they go to the POP city market for everything or my mother-in-law brings straight from the campo. Rice is bought in supermarket, but the rest is not...

For beef, they go to carniceria, for chicken, polleria and for fish, my father-in-law is a loyal customer in this one pescaderia in POP. Our kids are not exactly fish fans, but when he brings fresh fish from there, the kids fill up pretty fast...

The same thing abroad, there are supermarkets, then there are those very fancy-looking buildings for selling expensive real/organic food and then there are the outdoor/indoor markets where local businesses sell their fresh produce.

Man, you're making me hungry. lol

I've got a batch of spiced pork resting in the refrigerator as I write this for tomorrow's breakfast.

Truth be told, I also have a bunch of Angus steaks in the freezer as well I gotta start eatin' pretty soon.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
Henry Ford said:

Alexander
It's already happening... Most just aren't interested in listening to what is being taught. Which is what those who think they run things have always hoped for.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
You're born, you live, and then you die. My mom lived to 101, my dad 93 and they shopped at supermarkets
If you fret & worry the day to day live, to the point of distraction, you are wasting your time on this planet.
My mom just celebrated her 100th birthday... A bit difficult for her to move around without help, but her mind functions fine. My dad died a few years ago at age 98. Neither were much into proper healthy eating... Just moderation... And not much consumption of processed foods.

I think you touched on a pertinent matter of "...fret and worry...", otherwise called stress, which today we know is a major contributor to poor health.

Reactions: chico bill

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas

Coincidently, I just found out that another couple I know is moving with their children to the DR from Austin. They'll be flying down for a visit at the end of July and hope to buy a property and make their move by the end of the year. They currently own a seven-acre lot that they're about the sell, and on which they've been raising chickens, rabbits, goats, and a cow, as well as growing all sorts of fruit and vegetables.

My wife and I visited them for lunch last week Sunday and left with two armfuls of fruit and vegetables that they're just giving away, and four dozen free-range eggs. They said they have been producing so many eggs that they don't know what to do with them.

Farming is wonderful for body, soul, and community.

Here's a photo of a very large zucchini we picked...

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: JD Jones