A new beginning

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
March this year at the beginning of the pandemic I made a change here in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. With the help of my partner Raysa Suarez's efforts we closed my business and physical office which was a virtual office service with meeting rooms and a real estate brokerage.

Raysa Suarez has successfully continued working as a real estate broker and had several closings. She works closely with other brokers and has a sales assistant and an online community manager. Our former outside accountant helps with transactions as it’s an only transactional business. www.raysasuarez.com

We managed to continue servicing our virtual office clients by offering them a new service at PYHEX Work and Raysa Suarez represents PYHEX Work and has her business address with them. Technology and changing work habits in the real estate industry means real estate brokers can work remotely more and focus on listing, marketing and showing properties.

July-October I was in Las Terrenas but I was just back in Santo Domingo dealing with some bureaucracy regarding the company which we closed temporarily the 30/6 2020 a CESE they call it.

I myself am about to fly to Denmark. God and Covid willing. I hope to come back next summer and will then mostly just stay in Las Terrenas when I am here. I am working on doing something online with blogging, articles and videos but not specifically about the DR. Could be about anywhere and about international digital entrepreneurs, digital nomads and business travelers. So I can work both in Aarhus, Denmark staying with family and when I am in Las Terrenas and the DR visiting friends.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We all knew you were going to leave John..... GodSpeed, i hope your travel arrangements work out.
Through UK still or is that off the list?

My UK resident daughter is flying LHR - PUJ to avoid complications....

Merry Christmas to you

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
We all knew you were going to leave John..... GodSpeed, i hope your travel arrangements work out.
Through UK still or is that off the list?

My UK resident daughter is flying LHR - PUJ to avoid complications....

Merry Christmas to you
Yes SDQ - Miami - Heathrow - CPH. When I come back I hope to go BA Gatwick to Punta Cana and I hear that flight started again.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Safe trip to Denmark. Cold up there these days I guess.
Its ok during Christmas but January and February is tough but then I get to experience spring and some of the summer before I plan to fly back here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't know if you're aware of it but Eastern has started flying again into Puerto Plata and the fares seem to be pretty good now.

Best of luck to you and hope you make it back soon.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BA does LHR-PUJ..... my daughter's route

Who knows what the landscape will be by the time you come back....???

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
BA does LHR-PUJ..... my daughter's route

Who knows what the landscape will be by the time you come back....???
Well yes. My ticket now is one way to Denmark where I am a citizen. When I come back here it will be a one way and here I am a resident. One way tickets and staying longer I think is the way to go.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Be well and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. It will be an ordeal...
The new year will be an ordeal ? Yes I think so to.

I have been getting my things here in order so I can also come back. I will be renewing my residency next summer. I kept my health insurance but cheapest possible plan with Humano just to stay in the system. Kept my cel plan and nr with Claro again cheapest plan. And other practical stuff with bank etc. And my apartment is taken care of. It was very important to me that my partner could continue as a real estate broker and I am very pleased her representing the other coworking space and having her office with them and she is forming a group of independent brokers to work together sharing expenses on website, community manager and marketing and on tax accountant at closings.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Last time I realized there was to much paperwork in moving back to Denmark at the time and I had things still around my business in the DR. Now I have some more freedom and have finished things in the DR.And I have some more options. I will be looking forward to visiting next year. I posted on my social media blog about my trip yesterday from Punta Cana to Gatwick, London https://johnboyter.com/f/gatwick-airport-south-terminal-london

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It is sad to see how many expats give up on living in DR. I met a lady at the airport on my last trip, she was British, and she said she couldn't stand it and wanted desperately to return. In my opinion the DR government really needs to listen to and address the concerns of expats if they want to attract foreign investment.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It is sad to see how many expats give up on living in DR. I met a lady at the airport on my last trip, she was British, and she said she couldn't stand it and wanted desperately to return. In my opinion the DR government really needs to listen to and address the concerns of expats if they want to attract foreign investment.
Sometimes it's just a 7-year itch, need for complex medical care, desire for more sane driving, or not living behind tall walls and bars.
Add to those the inconvenience of constant Residency renewals - sometimes people get worn down with the very culture that first intrigued them.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Or the better options for the kids as in our case. We will move to Germany in October.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
On the other hand, I am constantly amazed by the folks who vacation here then buy a house.