a new ... More about Sosua thread... geeez!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Perhaps things MIGHT change a little? I don't speculate but try to observe and use REAL experience. I have had several friends that have stayed with us before and they have been VERY hesitant on buying. I too have been looking for land for my own reasons. Sosua IS A HUGE concern since NONE want that lifestyle.

Years of way over, well over.. unreasonable land/home/apt/condo prices APPEARS to be getting more realistic.

But prices HAVE come down... at last, and one couple is now getting ready to make an offer.

Another friend is looking also.

BUT ..... they worry about being around Pedro Clisante!

I am working on a place outside of Sousa that would meet my needs. 8 Years ago US 800K. Today.. 100K and he will take payments. Ya wanna know WHY? He loves the girls and beer and he is beyond broke. THAT SIMPLE!

A retired cop from .. upper north america on a pension wants me to put in a kitchen in an office unit so he and his Haitian fg can move in and she have a hair place. We already reduced rent and will paint and make sure the AC, hot water heater, shower, INVERTER and everything works. US $400 per month. As we line up people to fix up the place........ a$$houl does not even call back since I'm NOT putting in a kitchen. CHEAP SEX TOURIST that has NO idea what he is spending on his gf. ..... GO HOME!

Kinda of what I see Sosua changing into? Ya... Those that came with a little money are now finding that Sosua and their lifestyle has become expensive.

So I DO see that some possible changes but it is NOT what the GOV. is doing. You connect the dots.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I thought by 'working' on that listing, he was trying to buy it. In which case he'd not want to advertise where it is.

wuarhat

The more I practice, the luckier I get.
Nov 13, 2006
It all made perfect sense to me. If I were in the market to buy something at a low price, the last thing I'd do is inform any possible competition of its whereabouts.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I have never seen this property but I can tell you all about it...

It was never valued at $800k, the asking price was $800k
Now the asking price is $100k
The actual value is around $35,000

Am I good or what?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If a person is whoraphobic then perhaps Sosua is not the place to live. Go look elsewhere if you cannot see beyond the nightlife that is more or less contained to one street.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
If a person is whoraphobic then perhaps Sosua is not the place to live. Go look elsewhere if you cannot see beyond the nightlife that is more or less contained to one street.

What's the opposite of a "whoraphobic" ?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
:laugh:
So... the auction was on Saturday, the 25 of May. (Yesterday)

Were there any bidders there? Did someone win the auction??

yea the future mayor of Sosua bought it and will keep the Tradition alive and turn it in to Another Hooker bar:laugh: