A Note of Caution for the Men!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Supposed to along with the Bigfoot is supposed to live in the woods in Canada, where he plays cards with Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. Repeating urban myths is counterproductive and is a form of SPAM.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Supposed to along with the Bigfoot is supposed to live in the woods in Canada, where he plays cards with Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. Repeating urban myths is counterproductive and is a form of SPAM.

Actually, these myths are very important. They have saved more than one curious and unwise person from forging ahead to deep into unexplored and dangerous lagoons and forests...

-

kakaka

Dec 15, 2005
Mirador said:
Actually, these myths are very important. They have saved more than one curious and unwise person from forging ahead to deep into unexplored and dangerous lagoons and forests...

-

is that a euphemism?

busyjamin

Apr 4, 2006
My question is how recent is this information in regards to baca chica or any other cities infected by this scam? there in dominica republic. Reason is i'm anticipating planing my vacation this year to explore the islands.helpful information requested.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Why the hell would this story be a myth? It's just about crooks taking advantage of naive gringos and trying to get their money. And that's not happening in Boca Chica. Is that what you guys are saying? Stealing is not an unusual activity, this is just another way of doing it. I'm surprised this hasn't surfaced years ago and I can asure you all it's not bullshiitt. The story was also printed in El Nacional.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
All right already.....I'll stick my dos centavos in!

Mothers introducing minor daughters to men then 'extorting' money from them....HAS happened in Juan Dolio! One guy spent almost two months in jail before the 'extortion' was proved and he was released - he had refused to pay and was eventually cleared.

Hookers claiming abuse etc.....have been 'working' their scam also in Juan Dolio and Guayacanes.

Hooker getting pregnant and hauling the 'offender(s)' (sometimes five or six for the same pregnancy)before a judge and receiving payments for said pregnancy for up to 18 months until child is old enough for a paternity test -which proves the child is actually her Dominican husbands' (read chulo) has happened in Juan Dolio and Guayacanes.....

These are just a few of the scams that are commonplace on the island, not just in Juan Dolio and Guayacanes but also Boca Chica, La Romana, Santo Domingo or anywhere else 'gringos' come to looking for 'action'!
Sometimes the gringo finds more 'action' than he was looking for!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The point is there is no ring of conspirators, no multilateral investigation, there is dick all.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Here's a new development on this thread... The local newspaper CLAVEDIGITAL has just unmasked the capo of the Boca Chica mafia that prays on unwary, gullible expats...

Read al about it....

CLAVEDIGITAL

-