A Question about food

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Sorry in advance for a possible stupid question , but can anyone advise me where is the best place in Sntiago to buy basic American stuff like Coffee-Mate, Hellmans, Bumble Bee tuna etc....Thanks in advance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
any large supermarket will have that. el nacional, la sirena, jumbo...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And I concur...they had faster fingers than I did.

If you have a medium sized family Bravo and PriceSmart lead the way. Know that you pay 100% more for cereals here than in the States, so you had better think about getting someone to send you a box or barrel every two months or so...

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bravo has the biggest choice of what i call weird s**t, that is healthy, organic and special foods. you know, from black rice and quinoa to gluten free, sugarless and so on. decently priced. or so i thought, i do not know the prices of those products in europe/america.
el nacional has a huge choice of american stuff from cans and jars to frozen.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And my kids LOVE American cereals.
Especially "Cini Minis", me TOO!
Only 5 bucks a small box!
I DO ship many boxes back when I am in the USA.
I do often find "Hellman's" mayo cheaper than Dominican at supermercado National.
I went to the new "La Cadena" supermarket on "Camino Chiquito Arroyo Hondo" today.
"FIRST", and "LAST" visits at the same time.
Nice place, nice produce and meat too.
Prices were astronomical!
They make Supermercado National look like a discount chain!
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
And I concur...they had faster fingers than I did.

If you have a medium sized family Bravo and PriceSmart lead the way. Know that you pay 100% more for cereals here than in the States, so you had better think about getting someone to send you a box or barrel every two months or so...

HB
I agree.
Pricesmart is for those with mid to large family and/or who wants to save some gas money buying in large qty. We buy all my boy's snacks and juices from Pricesmart and we share the membership with friend. So what ever it is fees are, it isn't that bad. Just like to say that I notice the price isn't that cheap though when compare to others mentioned. It's just convenient place to go to buy non-perishable items in large qty.

P.S. Glad to see you back HB.