A-Rod "Show me the money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yup..u are spot on miguel. all the sports news on TV tonight was about Me-rod and torre and speculation about the other players....I must say..even i was bored with this WS. I watched most of last nights game in bed and was just happy that the swept so i didnt have to endure another late night lol.

in baseball there is the yanks/sox rivalry..now in football pats/colts and after that its a yawn.

oh...btw..i would not have been devistated if the sox fell the the rox. I always like it when a young and underpaid team beats a goliath.

its gonna be an interesting off season no!

I think the yanks are going to go for a couple of "sux" players...uh..whats his name lol

Sep 19, 2005
All you Yankee haters are in DENIAL...you need to seek therapy.....your hatred stems from years of living in the cellar and never seeing your dreams come true. So you finally peak your head above ground and your team does a LITTLE winning...and you think you are all that....

the yankees are UNDENIABLY the greatest sports team of all time.... you saying they are not is like me saying that boston didnt win the world series this year...

Boston isnt a lousy team or a bad franchise..it just has a few million disgruntled cry baby fans....

That franchise has the misfortune of being in the same division as the yankees....ask any other AL power house if they would like to trade places to be in your spot next year......you will get no takers.

the yankees are bigger than george and they are bigger than A-Rod...

they are bigger than Joe torre....

NYC will always have the most money to throw at sports teams...for many reasons...that only people outside of NY can complain about...

NYC is so powerful that rules are made to even the field....look at the slary cap in some sports..looks at profit sharing in the leagues to funnel money to teams that will NEVER compete with NYC!!!

as far as alex goes...he put up numbers to match his salary this year...

he put up so the squawkers should shut up...

bob

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wasnt this thread about A-rod? and not the stankie sankies vs the sox?

I simply brought up the point that myself, my stankie fans here, and the press are unanimous in their opinion that the stanks are tanking and all the rats are jumping ship.

My orig response was that i can see why me-rod is jumping fast right after torre.

everyone on the subway tonight was completely disgusted with the stankie situation.

face it guys..it might be 86 years till ya see your next WS

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Que?

the yankees are UNDENIABLY the greatest sports team of all time.... you saying they are not is like me saying that boston didnt win the world series this year...
One is opinion, the other is fact, based in reality. Some undeniable differences there.
Boston isnt a lousy team or a bad franchise..it just has a few million disgruntled cry baby fans....
Funny, reading this board you'd get just the opposite impression.
the yankees are bigger than george and they are bigger than A-Rod...
they are bigger than Joe torre....
Similar to the dinosaurs then. Talk about being big and having a run of bad luck.
NYC will always have the most money to throw at sports teams...for many reasons...that only people outside of NY can complain about...
Don't know what channel you're tuned to, but it sounds like most of the complaining is coming from INSIDE NY.
as far as alex goes...he put up numbers to match his salary this year...
he put up so the squawkers should shut up...
bob
If he put up the numbers to match his salary this year, then the whole system is out of balance. There are a lot of other players who made the playoffs and actually performed and brought their teams division and league titles, so they in turn should be demanding $30 mill a year, going by your math.

Or do you see the regular season as the basis of salary values? Either way, the money is absurd and really shouldn't be a concern of the fans.

If the fans really care about the money, they can vote with it; Don't support the game.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cuanta mierda....

One is opinion, the other is fact, based in reality. Some undeniable differences there.
Funny, reading this board you'd get just the opposite impression.
Similar to the dinosaurs then. Talk about being big and having a run of bad luck.
Don't know what channel you're tuned to, but it sounds like most of the complaining is coming from INSIDE NY.
If he put up the numbers to match his salary this year, then the whole system is out of balance. There are a lot of other players who made the playoffs and actually performed and brought their teams division and league titles, so they in turn should be demanding $30 mill a year, going by your math.

Or do you see the regular season as the basis of salary values? Either way, the money is absurd and really shouldn't be a concern of the fans.

If the fans really care about the money, they can vote with it; Don't support the game.
I wonder when this guy is going to realize that he is in denial!!.

Yeah Cleefy, I too think the SUCKS are the "best" thing God "invented".

Yeah, even if they were "invented" in Buffalo, NY.

Here's a quater, go look it up!.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I looked up "quater"

I wonder when this guy is going to realize that he is in denial!!.

Yeah Cleefy, I too think the SUCKS are the "best" thing God "invented".

Yeah, even if they were "invented" in Buffalo, NY.

Here's a quater, go look it up!.
It means "four times". Something to do with prescriptions. I'm not familiar, but you should have yours checked again.

I think we're through here.

It's Dominican Winter League Season.

Go Licey!

Status
Not open for further replies.