A-Rod- Why All The "Hating"?

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Migs, why even try? Agree to disagree, as everyone has an opinion. Here's mine.

ARod's just an easy target. I truly wonder if Pedro or Manny will catch the same hell for not playing in the WBC. Will people question their Dominicanness? On this board, I doubt it.

I'm not a ARod fan, never been. He is a hypocrite. He tries to be everything to everybody. That's his problem. He TRIES to be perfect. And he's a pretty boy. But I can't hate him for that.

His mother wanted him to play for the DR. His wife wanted him to play for the USA. Guess who won? The woman that he bones every night. Ask any man and they'll tell you the same. Play for the DR and lose out on the P??? Yeah, right. I'd say damn the DR too.

The "globe" incident? C'mon, was it really that bad? Was it as bad as throwing chairs into the stands? Or tossing an 80 yr old man down? Did he spike someone intentionally on the basepaths in the face? Did he get on the mound and intentionally sail a pitch past someone's head? Was it really that bad? Or did people just need something to lean on to say, "That's why...?" People are seriously acting like he killed someone. It was a bush league play, but it's baseball and bush league stuff happens all the time.

Seriously, now that he plays for the Yanks, I get to see him ply his craft more often. I do realize that we are looking at one of the best players that this game has ever seen. He is the best player in game today, bar none.

I realize that baseball is a corporation. Ain't no loyalty in the game. Just money. Therefore, I can't be mad that he took the money and run. Who wouldn't? To play a game 8 months of the year? Anyone saying that they wouldn't, is an absolute hypocrite.

At the least, he's held up his end of the deal, except for during the 2005 playoffs. I can't knock him for that, because he lost his father figure at the end of the season. He told no one about it, and just played.

I gotta say something about this. He gave $50,000 to FULLY fund 5 daycare centers outside of Santo Domingo for a year. There are actually people here scoffing at that, like it's nothing. Like he's SUPPOSED to send Western Unions to the entire island to get them out of poverty. This dude is NOT the president, nor a politician. He's a baseball player, that's it. So what if it's 0.0002222 of his salary? So what? When Bill Gates gives that %, it still ends up amounting to over $10,000,000USD. Does anyone scoff at that? The hypocrisy on this board.

I really wonder, what happened to all of Sammy's donations? That office park. Who exactly did that help?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Help ever, hurt never.

miguel said:
Cleef, of course that I will call it "hating". When a person can not see anything right on another person(if and when THEY do, there's always a "but" attached to it), and when that same person keeps going on and on about someone who just happens to be the best ball player right now, what else should we call it?.
Hate is a strong word. I've gone to great pains to remove it from my vocabulary. I loathe, despise, dislike, and abhor many things, but hate doesn't have a role with me. You used the word, that's why I quoted it.

What you, and all the MeRod enablers keep ignoring is, well, the point - and the truth.

No one disagrees on him being the best player, the most deserving of the most money. We're not saying he's a bad person, a wife-beater, an alcoholic, drug abuser, etc.

The point - the truth - is that he's a fake and a flake. He's played bush-league ball, he's lied about it and he hangs onto his DR heritage when it fits his purpose.

I'll give you a parallel. Barry Bonds is certainly one of the most repulsive and disliked athletes of all time, but he avoids a considerable amount of abuse because he is what he is. He's never hidden from being a prick, he'll show you at any opportunity. There's something - I'll stop short of "endearing" - about a person that is himself.

miguel said:
1- If you were a team owner, would you sign Alex to play for your team?. Would you swallow your opinion of his?. If yes or no, why?.

2- If given an choice, and being a fan, as you say you are, do you think that Alex is bad for baseball?. If yes or no, why?. And:

3- Would you feel the same way about Alex if he played for Boston?. Or would you "bite your lips" and keep your opnion to yourself?.

4- Do you think that ALL the things that Alex has done, in your book, are worse than anything that players like Pete Rose, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro, Jason Giambi, Albert Belle, Jorge Bell, Dwight Gooden,Manny Ramirez, Daryl Strawberry, Kirk Gibson, Cesar Cedeno(if you remember him), Luis Polonia (if you remember what he did) and the "Dominican Dandy", Juan Marichal, just to name a few, did?.

1. Yes. But not at the current price. No one is worth that. Would I swallow my opinion? Not at all, I'd bring him into my palacial office and bitchslap him. He needs it.

2. Alex is not bad for baseball at all. He's not a bad person either. I've met him, broke bread with him, taken swings in a batting cage with him. He's a very nice human being, with faults just like the rest of us.

3. Absolutely. In fact, I'd probably dislike him even more (b/c I'd care more), however, I would root for him to help my team win. He's much easier to dislike in pinstripes, that's only natural.

4. No sense in comparing, moot point. Our subject has nothing to do with other players and comparisons. It's about representing something. He pretends to be Dominican when it "looks cool" or allows him to be part of the larger party. But, when it comes time to walk the walk, he's a no-show.

He'll take the good of the DR, but when it comes time to roll up his sleeves and do what he can do - donate money, time, representation, etc., he's not Dominican, he's AMErican.

The sissy slap is straight from the bush-leagues. Then (on-field) acts like he's done nothing wrong, then denies wrongdoing later.

Then this WBC debacle which he fumbled from day one, and then couldn't get it through his thick head to just shut up and move on - complaining that the big bad meanies at MLB had it out for him. Really? What the hell do they have to gain by bashing MeRod?

I like talking ball, but this subject has run it's course. If you follow this back to the very first posts about MeRod, the enablers have built a straw man argument every step of the way about what a good guy he is, how he's the best player, gets the most money, yadda yadda yadda.

We all see the same things, but instead of seeing them as they are, people see the things as they are - MeRod lovers. And that's totally fine, but don't prop your debate on personal opinions of him, base it on what we all go on - what we all see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears.

That's the facts.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
miguel said:
Cleef, of course that I will call it "hating". When a person can not see anything right on another person(if and when THEY do, there's always a "but" attached to it), and when that same person keeps going on and on about someone who just happens to be the best ball player right now, what else should we call it?.

SOME of your guys seem to forget that there was a Alex Rodriguez BEFORE the "globe incident". SOME of you seem to forget that there was a Alex Rodriguez before he said anything that SOME of you disagreed with. After he signed his BIG contract, for SOME of you, it's "open season" on Alex.

Now, I said that I was going to ask you a question or two, ok, I lied, there are more than 1 or 2, here they go:

1- If you were a team owner, would you sign Alex to play for your team?. Would you swallow your opinion of his?. If yes or no, why?.

2- If given an choice, and being a fan, as you say you are, do you think that Alex is bad for baseball?. If yes or no, why?. And:

3- Would you feel the same way about Alex if he played for Boston?. Or would you "bite your lips" and keep your opnion to yourself?.

4- Do you think that ALL the things that Alex has done, in your book, are worse than anything that players like Pete Rose, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro, Jason Giambi, Albert Belle, Jorge Bell, Dwight Gooden,Manny Ramirez, Daryl Strawberry, Kirk Gibson, Cesar Cedeno(if you remember him), Luis Polonia (if you remember what he did) and the "Dominican Dandy", Juan Marichal, just to name a few, did?.

If you do not recall what some of the above players did, let me know and I will tell you EXACTLY what they ALL did, one by one.

And while we are at it, would you please tell us what you think of them before answering.

I must add, I AM NOT A FAN OF ALEX RODRIGUEZ but I do not need to be a fan in order to give credit where credit is due.

Ps:Trina, after Cleef answer my questions, if he wants to answer them, I do have one or two for you, unless you want to start with the above questions, the ones that I asked Cleef.

I am loving this debate, no attacks, no name callings, no attitudes, no fighting, just plain fun, GREAT!.

Ps2: and btw, in case you have not heard, MannyMe IS NOT PLAYING IN THE WBC, as per ESPN. Opps!.

Manny being Manny. lol ;)

Anyway, Miguel, I would like to answer one of your questions. :)

If I were a general manager, I would sign A-Rod. But I would negotiate a better contract than the one Tom Hicks gave to A-Rod and his agent Scott Boras.

And I would go after Albert Pujols. That guy is just amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
This is a very great thread and I enjoy reading everyone's post. But I would like to hear more from Musicqueen.

Musicqueen, I hope you are able to respond to my previous reply to your post in the other thread.

Carry on.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I hear ya!

Cleef said:
Hate is a strong word.

What you, and all the MeRod enablers keep ignoring is, well, the point - and the truth.

He'll take the good of the DR, but when it comes time to roll up his sleeves and do what he can do - donate money, time, representation, etc., he's not Dominican, he's AMErican.

Then this WBC debacle which he fumbled from day one, and then couldn't get it through his thick head to just shut up and move on - complaining that the big bad meanies at MLB had it out for him. Really? What the hell do they have to gain by bashing MeRod?

We all see the same things, but instead of seeing them as they are, people see the things as they are - MeRod lovers. And that's totally fine, but don't prop your debate on personal opinions of him, base it on what we all go on - what we all see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears.

That's the facts.
You are right, maybe the word "hate" is not the right word. Perhaps, dislike is the right word.

I will say it again, in case you have not read ALL my posts regarding Rodriguez, I am not a fan of his. Never have, never will. As a matter of fact, there are a few things that I don't like about the guy. Let me tell you a few:

1- He should not be making that amount of money, NOBODY should. Since I have no control in the matter, I move on. I will not bash the man every chance I get just because he negiotiated his contract and is paid that much.

2- The "glove incident"- you know, as a baseball fan, I can honestly tell you that he should have not done it. That said, and correct me if am I am wrong, and since I know that you know your baseball, you know that when a person is on the field, playing the game, is not the same as watching the game. The adrenaline takes control. Sometimes, on the field, we do things that we don't plan. As an example, I remember playing 2nd and my best friend(still is after over 30 years), who was playing for the rival team, telling me, before, during and after the game, something like this "man, you are my best friend but I would take you down if it means to break a double play". Actually, the guy broke my ankle once, sliding into 2nd base. Do I fault him?, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Anything can happen on the field.

I have said all along that he is not Dominican. To me, he does not represents the DR. The man has said it again and again that he is American but with Dominican parents. Who am I to fault him if he feels more American than Dominican?. He should. SOME say that one helps more where your heart belongs. The man helps the US more because he feels that this country is not only his birth country but also the country that made his dream and fortune become a reality. He helps the people that he connects with and the people who helped him while growing up. I would do exactly the same.

Since when is 50,000 dollars not that much?. I see it this way, he is earning his money, he is not standing on a corner selling drugs, it's not "easy money" so whatever he decides to give, it's more than ok, in my book. Just because the man is making 25m does not mean that he should give 20m of it just to make others feel better. Darn if you do, darn if you dont. Trust me, even if he were to give it all, there would be some other Rodriguez basher out there saying that all he is doing is showing off.

All he is saying is that he, ONLY ONCE, spoke to MBL about his WBC decision and that many MBL personnel started talking crap about things that he did not say. If he did not defended himself, you and others would call him a coward, but since he is defending himself, you and others are saying that he is complaining. The man is defending himself.

Since you claim that we all see the same thing, please, would you tell me what you think of the players that I posted on my previous post. Forget about him saying this or that, or not helping here or there. Compare them and you will see that compare to them, Rodriguez is a Boy Scout. Please, do me the honor/s.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Anybody there!!!

Cleefy, oooh Cleefy, where art thou Cleefy?.

We are still waiting for your answers.

Trina:

feel free to, also, answer my question 4 on post # 20. I just want to have a better understanding on how people that have done much, much worse things than Rodriguez rate in your book.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
[/B]
toneloc24 said:
I gotta say something about this. He gave $50,000 to FULLY fund 5 daycare centers outside of Santo Domingo for a year. There are actually people here scoffing at that, like it's nothing. Like he's SUPPOSED to send Western Unions to the entire island to get them out of poverty. This dude is NOT the president, nor a politician. He's a baseball player, that's it. So what if it's 0.0002222 of his salary? So what? When Bill Gates gives that %, it still ends up amounting to over $10,000,000USD. Does anyone scoff at that? The hypocrisy on this board.

I really wonder, what happened to all of Sammy's donations? That office park. Who exactly did that help?

My point exactly, but I guess the other poster who commented on this will probably never understand that it comes out of his generosity, and such amount (although very low for his/her opinion) is still a good donation helping so many kids for a full year - and most likely A-Rod will continue donating next year, and probably more money !

Trina,

I live in Washington Heights and although it will never compare to a barrio in DR, it's still considered a barrio - a poor barrio by American standards. Lots of poor Dominicans living here, and it's quite true that they are not poor like they were in DR. I knew that you haven't visited Washington Heights to understand my point view - but when you do, you will see !

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
miguel said:

Trina:

feel free to, also, answer my question 4 on post # 20. I just want to have a better understanding on how people that have done much, much worse things than Rodriguez rate in your book.

He hasn't DONE anything to garner the hate (or dislike, etc.). People just don't like him personally. Fair enough.

Why not list out all of the transgressions of the folks you mentioned in your post, as well as Sammy Sosa (caught with corked bat, possible steroid user - the stats tell the difference) and the Francisco kid (from Texas Rangers), Raul Mondesi, Jose Guillen, etc. Now match those transgressions up against ARod's glove slap incident.

These guys are more Dominican than ARod. Look at how they really represented the island. True or no? Yet folks want to keep bashing ARod, and making excuses for the others.

Fine, we'll (the USA) take ARod, esp. if a glove slap is the worst thing he's done. LOL!!!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola Miguel,

How are you?

I just wanted to post my opinion (in bolded letters) to some of your questions. ;)

You are right, maybe the word "hate" is not the right word. Perhaps, dislike is the right word.

I will say it again, in case you have not read ALL my posts regarding Rodriguez, I am not a fan of his. Never have, never will. As a matter of fact, there are a few things that I don't like about the guy. Let me tell you a few:

1- He should not be making that amount of money, NOBODY should. Since I have no control in the matter, I move on. I will not bash the man every chance I get just because he negiotiated his contract and is paid that much.

The Texas Rangers' GM, Tom Hicks wanted to give A-Rod a 10-year, $252 million contract. The Mets' offer was not even close to this amount. The Seattle Mariners decided they had no chance of re-signing A-Rod so they moved on. And A-Rod's agent was Scott Boras who is one tough S.O.B

A few years ago, Tom Hicks gave Chan Ho Park a 5-year, $70 million contract. And guess who Park's agent was? Your right, it was Scott Boras. lol ;)

By the way, I wonder why the 10-year contract was not for $250 million. Why the extra $2 million?!? LOL :bunny:

2- The "glove incident"- you know, as a baseball fan, I can honestly tell you that he should have not done it. That said, and correct me if am I am wrong, and since I know that you know your baseball, you know that when a person is on the field, playing the game, is not the same as watching the game. The adrenaline takes control. Sometimes, on the field, we do things that we don't plan. As an example, I remember playing 2nd and my best friend(still is after over 30 years), who was playing for the rival team, telling me, before, during and after the game, something like this "man, you are my best friend but I would take you down if it means to break a double play". Actually, the guy broke my ankle once, sliding into 2nd base. Do I fault him?, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Anything can happen on the field.

As a Red Sox fan, I was upset with A-Rod over that incident. I was at Yankee Stadium for games 6 and 7 and I saw it in person. But I moved on. It's all in the past. Big deal. What's important is the 2006 season. The present is important. Speaking of the present, where the hell is Manny?!? :bunny:

I have said all along that he is not Dominican. To me, he does not represents the DR. The man has said it again and again that he is American but with Dominican parents. Who am I to fault him if he feels more American than Dominican?. He should. SOME say that one helps more where your heart belongs. The man helps the US more because he feels that this country is not only his birth country but also the country that made his dream and fortune become a reality. He helps the people that he connects with and the people who helped him while growing up. I would do exactly the same.

I agree with you. A-Rod can choose to play wherever he wants to play. He cannot make every fan happy and satisfied. Nobody can. And again, the media will try and find any story about A-Rod and bash him for it. Because A-Rod equals ratings. A-Rod grabs the peoples' attention. The name "A-Rod" sells a lot of newspapers and magazines.

Every newspaper, sports channel, magazine, etc. are competing for ratings and revenue. So for example, you have two sports newspapers to choose from.

Newspaper A has a headline, "A-Rod caught in an illegal poker joint in NYC and he decides to play for the U.S.

Newspaper B has a headline, "Toby Hall saved a cat from a tree.

I'm sure more people will buy newspaper A.

Since when is 50,000 dollars not that much?. I see it this way, he is earning his money, he is not standing on a corner selling drugs, it's not "easy money" so whatever he decides to give, it's more than ok, in my book. Just because the man is making 25m does not mean that he should give 20m of it just to make others feel better. Darn if you do, darn if you dont. Trust me, even if he were to give it all, there would be some other Rodriguez basher out there saying that all he is doing is showing off.

Thanks to Tom Hicks and Scott Boras, its actually $25.2 million. LOL ;) Again, I wonder why the extra $2 million was added. LOL

All he is saying is that he, ONLY ONCE, spoke to MBL about his WBC decision and that many MBL personnel started talking crap about things that he did not say. If he did not defended himself, you and others would call him a coward, but since he is defending himself, you and others are saying that he is complaining. The man is defending himself.

Again, the media is making too big a deal about this. ESPN, FOX Sports, CNN Sports, The Daily News, USA Today, The New York Times, etc. They love to find any story about a superstar and twist it a bit.

For example, Chan Ho Park recently went to Hawaii for six days for his honeymoon.

The Korean media decided to bash him because he should focus on improving for the next baseball season. The Korean media said that Chan Ho Park spent too much time on his honeymoon. OH PLEASE!!!!!!

Since you claim that we all see the same thing, please, would you tell me what you think of the players that I posted on my previous post. Forget about him saying this or that, or not helping here or there. Compare them and you will see that compare to them, Rodriguez is a Boy Scout. Please, do me the honor/s.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ElvisNYC said:
[/B]

My point exactly, but I guess the other poster who commented on this will probably never understand that it comes out of his generosity, and such amount (although very low for his/her opinion) is still a good donation helping so many kids for a full year - and most likely A-Rod will continue donating next year, and probably more money !

Trina,

I live in Washington Heights and although it will never compare to a barrio in DR, it's still considered a barrio - a poor barrio by American standards. Lots of poor Dominicans living here, and it's quite true that they are not poor like they were in DR. I knew that you haven't visited Washington Heights to understand my point view - but when you do, you will see !

I have been to Washington Heights several times. A lot of nice/friendly people and so many delicious restaurants. :)

I was there two months ago and I think I saw Julian Tavarez. I am not sure if it was him or not.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
toneloc24 said:
He hasn't DONE anything to garner the hate (or dislike, etc.). People just don't like him personally. Fair enough.

Why not list out all of the transgressions of the folks you mentioned in your post, as well as Sammy Sosa (caught with corked bat, possible steroid user - the stats tell the difference) and the Francisco kid (from Texas Rangers), Raul Mondesi, Jose Guillen, etc. Now match those transgressions up against ARod's glove slap incident.

These guys are more Dominican than ARod. Look at how they really represented the island. True or no? Yet folks want to keep bashing ARod, and making excuses for the others.

Fine, we'll (the USA) take ARod, esp. if a glove slap is the worst thing he's done. LOL!!!

And fine, we'll (South Korea) take Chan Ho Park, even if he spent six days while on his honeymoon in Hawaii. ;)

Good points BTW.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Potato_Salad said:
I have been to Washington Heights several times. A lot of nice/friendly people and so many delicious restaurants. :)

I was there two months ago and I think I saw Julian Tavarez. I am not sure if it was him or not.

Chino ;), you forgot to mention the beautiful women.. Yeah, lots of delicious restaurants.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
ElvisNYC said:
Trina,

I do look forward to doing so someday. I've heard a lot about it, and would love to see it - who knows, my husband has family there, so maybe we'll go sooner than later.

Disliking A-Rod is simply a matter of my personal preference. You know when you dislike (along with Cleef, I am not a 'hater') someone, and can't fully justify why? I just dislike A-Rod, simple as that, my mind won't be changed over a message board. I think he is a fake and a flake. I don't like what he did in Game 6 against the Red Sox, and no matter what others have done, I still don't condone it and still don't want my kids looking up to him. He could've been a big man and admitted fault, but instead, he cried. He cried and refused to take responsibility. I don't do well with people like that. Had Pujols, or God forbid, Vladi done the same thing, you're right, I probably would say he was just playing the game. But they wouldn't pull such a cowardly sissy act ;) . Many have done MUCH worse, so to answer your question, Miguel, I'm a pretty black and white person. If I like someone and they do something wrong, I can justify it, and I will stick with them until the end. If I don't like someone and they do the same thing, I can't justify it, and it will stick in my mind. That's it, that's me, call it what you want, but I won't apologize for it.

I don't like how he always screams about being Dominican, because very few Dominicans will ever accept him. He only uses it to his advantage whenever it suits him. THAT's what I would call hypocrisy. While his $50,000 went a long way in the DR, he didn't even see the numbers in his bank account move. If he is so proud of his heritage, let him show it in more than just a one-time drop in the well to a country that needs it.

Now, I'm off to more important things, like working and keeping track of the men's curling team at the Olympics. My boys are winning 4-3 right now.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ElvisNYC said:
Chino ;), you forgot to mention the beautiful women.. Yeah, lots of delicious restaurants.

Shhhhhhhh,.....its our little secret. I hope nobody else knows about it. ;)

Have a good day.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
I do look forward to doing so someday. I've heard a lot about it, and would love to see it - who knows, my husband has family there, so maybe we'll go sooner than later.

Disliking A-Rod is simply a matter of my personal preference. You know when you dislike (along with Cleef, I am not a 'hater') someone, and can't fully justify why? I just dislike A-Rod, simple as that, my mind won't be changed over a message board. I think he is a fake and a flake. I don't like what he did in Game 6 against the Red Sox, and no matter what others have done, I still don't condone it and still don't want my kids looking up to him. He could've been a big man and admitted fault, but instead, he cried. He cried and refused to take responsibility. I don't do well with people like that. Had Pujols, or God forbid, Vladi done the same thing, you're right, I probably would say he was just playing the game. But they wouldn't pull such a cowardly sissy act ;) . Many have done MUCH worse, so to answer your question, Miguel, I'm a pretty black and white person. If I like someone and they do something wrong, I can justify it, and I will stick with them until the end. If I don't like someone and they do the same thing, I can't justify it, and it will stick in my mind. That's it, that's me, call it what you want, but I won't apologize for it.

I don't like how he always screams about being Dominican, because very few Dominicans will ever accept him. He only uses it to his advantage whenever it suits him. THAT's what I would call hypocrisy. While his $50,000 went a long way in the DR, he didn't even see the numbers in his bank account move. If he is so proud of his heritage, let him show it in more than just a one-time drop in the well to a country that needs it.

Now, I'm off to more important things, like working and keeping track of the men's curling team at the Olympics. My boys are winning 4-3 right now.

I respect your opinion and everyone else's.

I do not care if somebody likes/hates A-Rod or Manny or whoever it is.

But I love reading all posts in the baseball threads and reading everyone's opinion. I'm glad that we have baseball threads. :)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let me tell you!

toneloc24 said:
Migs, why even try?

At the least, he's held up his end of the deal, except for during the 2005 playoffs. I can't knock him for that, because he lost his father figure at the end of the season. He told no one about it, and just played.

I just want to know to what extend is their dislike for Rodriguez.

Can ANYBODY else do a wrong and be bashed as bad as Rodriguez is being bashed by SOME here?.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002

miguel said:

Trina:

Look up.

If you always have your head down, how can you expect anything to turn up?

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Migs, Sammy Sosa should be a disgrace, based on being busted for using a corked bat. Then the steroid allegations, while his numbers and his health have completely fallen off. Nah, this dude is revered. LOL!!!

That's just one, and rather obvious one.

If the DR were more welcoming to ARod, perhaps he would come back more often, perhaps he would do more financially, perhaps....he might actually feel proud to be a Dominican. Instead, with all the hate that comes his way FROM Dominicans particularly, why would he? Why should he? Would you? It will never be enough. So why even bother.

He really hasn't done anything to garner such deep dislike and resentment. Unfortunately, there's much more to this than just baseball rivalries (Yankees vs. Red Sox). It happens all throughout the Caribbean.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
I just want to know to what extend is their dislike for Rodriguez.

You know I love you Miguel, but why do you care? :classic: Everyone has a right to like or dislike anyone they choose.

GOLD!!! MY BOYS WON OLYMPIC GOLD IN CURLING!!! I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY! :classic:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Why!

trina said:
You know I love you Miguel, but why do you care? :classic: Everyone has a right to like or dislike anyone they choose.

GOLD!!! MY BOYS WON OLYMPIC GOLD IN CURLING!!! I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY! :classic:
Are you kidding me?.

It's not that I care but if SOME are going to throw their dislike of the man to the four winds, let them explain their reasons.

I know exactly why they don't care, I have already said it: "hate" or dislike.

All I am saying is that, there are baseball fans and there are "players fans", big difference.

I am a fan and even if I don't like the man, I am not going to forget that the guy is the the best player playing the game right now.

ANYBODY who says that the players that I mentioned on post 20 are ok in their books and Rodriguez is not, is nothing more than a "player fan" and not a true baseball fan.

Darling, it has nothing to do with you loving or not, nothing to do with me caring or not, we are just having a nice friendly debate here. Nothing wrong with that.

See, you wanted someone to show you if Rodriguez have helped the DR and someone did. Not enough in your book but I learned something since I was not aware that he had helped the DR at all. That's all we were trying to do here, learn from each other. But..

when learning from one another, SOME will challenge the other person's opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Indeed, people have the right to dislike or like whomever they want but there are those that WILL challenge a person's likes or dislikes, especially if they post their dislikes on a public forum.

Do I care for Rodriguez, hell no. Do I think that he is the best player right now, hell yea!. Again, I am just giving credit where credit is due.

Ps: Can I ask you: "why do you care if he helps the DR or not?", can I ask you: "why do you care if he says that he is Dominican or not?", can I ask you: "why do you care about the globe incident?", can I aks you: "why do you care if he lied after the globe incident?. I will not ask you because all am I am doing is trying to undertand a person's "love" for Rodriguez.

Do I care if you and Cleef are Rodriguez bashers, hell no but if you guys are going to post things about the man, I see nothing wrong in others challenging your views of the man.

Please, in no way, shape or form think that I am attacking you guys. Not at all.

Last edited: