AA will lose your bag

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i just noticed while shopping for tickets NY to SDQ, i can't find anything that doesn't stop in miami or san juan. AA loses bags on direct flights. in miami, in summer, there is a thunderstorm everyday. baggage handlers do not work on the tarmac when there is a threat of lightning strike, union rules, and by the rules that can mean a dark cloud 10 miles away. this means that you will make your connecting flight but your bag will not be on it. this is going to be a mess.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I Hope Not

I will be flying to Santiago in August and I noticed the same thing....I hope that it will be ok...I will be traveling with 3 children and 8 suitcases...all 70lbs!!!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
At 70 lbs............

I will be flying to Santiago in August and I noticed the same thing....I hope that it will be ok...I will be traveling with 3 children and 8 suitcases...all 70lbs!!!

..........you're going to be paying lots of extra $$$$$

the current baggage limit is 50lbs...........

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I know...they already told me that it would be $50 apiece for the weight but what can I do...I'm moving...with 3 kids!

My shoes alone fit a suitcase and a half (no I cannot leave them behind;))

Also I will be sending some boxes ahead of time

But I just pray that all of my luggage finds us

May 31, 2005
And sometimes the bag does not fit on your flight and they have to send it on another flight. This happened to me on a connection that I made in San Juan. My flight got there at 3:00 pm but my bags did not make it. They had my bags on the 5:00 pm flight. I wasn't too upset because I had to wait for my brother and mother to come in on the 7:00 pm flight. I was just worried hoping that it would really be on the 5:00 pm flight.

prplemich

Dec 20, 2004
Whoa, I hope I'm not jinxing myself but having flown American all my life to DR , they have only lost my family's luggage once, in 1991. That did happen to be a direct flight from New York to POP. The last 12 years have been from Orlando, with a stopover in Miami. Everyone makes fun of me for packing so much in my carryons , but I do it just in case. Hopefull we'll still be lucky on our next flight in July!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sorry to inform you. never lost a bag on AA ever. 27 years and still undefeated....

Sep 19, 2005
29 trips , JFK to STI on AA....never lost a bag. checked luggage every flight except for one.

not that they dont have other faults.....like leaving on time.....or deciding that the tape player doesnt work so they forego a movie...... or deciding to play the cbs specials before the movie...so that when they finally do show the movie, the flight ends before the movie!!! talk about brain dead....

or the lady comes on the intercom(thus interupting the sound to the movie) and gives a 15 minute pitch for AA's flight attendant UNICEF fund.... then when the movie ends there is still 40 minutes of flight left......( a much better time for the Unicef pitch, dont ya think?)

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
or they run out of almonds or your favorite soda :ermm:

but back on the subject, try to avoid short changeover times of less than an hour. i've noticed this is when your bag usually gets lost the most.