Abandoned projects in the DR.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I love the 'boulevard of broken dreams' as I call it along the Atlantic coast after Nagua.

Miles and miles of forgotten and abandoned dreams....
Magnificent.

Yes whatsup with that. . Are there land title issues. Seems like a nice place

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I love the 'boulevard of broken dreams' as I call it along the Atlantic coast after Nagua.

Miles and miles of forgotten and abandoned dreams....
Magnificent.

Yes whatsup with that. . Are there land title issues. Seems like a nice place

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is more than one reason.
The " Vacation Dream Homes Projects" are often started, sold pre construction, and then abandoned when the developer has the clients money.
There are the "Money Laundering Projects".
There are the "Government Projects", that are abandoned once the "Politicos" get their "Comision".
Apartment buildings where the developer can't sell enough units to continue to pay for the constuction.
Private home building projects that move ahead as the owner saves enough money to continue.
CC

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Although the Malecon Center was "completed", you can add that to the two abandoned constructions you mentioned near Gomez on the Malecon since it is not being used (the overwhelming majority of the retail space) and is for all intents and purposes "abandoned".

OMG that malecon center is a joke...what a waste...not quite abandoned but should be....The only thing in there is a couple of offices and massage parlor

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
In santo domingo's colonial zone, the abandoned building on parque duarte that was featured in the film "the good shepherd" always looks very sad to me.
It is the one almost on the corner of duarte with billini.
I think, but am not 100% sure it was an old hotel.
Keep meaning to do a google search on its history.

I also think it was advertised for sale on dr1 for quite some time.
Asked for a million dollars......but was most likely negotiable.