Abinader announces improvements for Sosua

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Remozamiento-Sosua-Presidencia-1024x576.jpeg

President Luis Abinader was in Sosua, Puerto Plata over the weekend where he announced the RD$615 million is available for enhancements in the Sosua Beach area. The north coast beach has long been the major attraction in Puerto Plata for Dominicans and visitors for decades.

The projected refurbishing includes improvements in sanitation, security, and public safety as well as traffic control, parking and access to the beach. Also on the agenda is a new public hospital, police headquarters and Civil Defense offices.

President Abinader noted that since 2004, tourism to the area has been decreasing, and now is the time to reverse the trend.

Over the weekend, Tourism Minister David Collado said that RD$300 million will be invested to promote Puerto Plata and another RD$150 million for improvements in the Historic Center of the city of Puerto Plata. The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The article should read "Abinader announces how he will force poorer people to the campo in order to award large development projects to his rich contributors who will destroy the character of Sosua with no concern"
100% aGREED.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How many know Abinader on a personal level?

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
How many know Abinader on a personal level?
He's a politician do we need to know more? How personal are we talking about? Do we have to know the color of his undies in order to render commentary on his administration and his policies? Seriously @NALs what kind of question is that and what does it have to do with the price of tea in China? Word of the day: Irrelevant

ir·rel·e·vant
[əˈreləvənt]

ADJECTIVE
  1. not connected with or relevant to something:
    "an irrelevant comment" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    beside the point · not to the point · immaterial · not pertinent · not germane · off the subject · neither here nor there · unconnected · unrelated · peripheral · tangential · extraneous · inapposite · inapt · inapplicable · unimportant ·
    [more]

See more definition

Powered by Oxford Languages · Bing Translator

Reactions: Auryn

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You don't need to know him to know he's all about rewarding his cronies and doesn't care for the ones who don't line his pockets
Wouldn't you need to know him so that you could support your statement? For sure, you don't hang in his circle or hang with his cronies so, what are you basing your statement on?? Probably on the record of some PAST presidents. IDK...you tell us. TIA.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Bottom line some money people eyeball ways to get richer and they never care about who gets shoved aside in the process

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I thought you told us he asked you to play Levon for him?
Nothing can be further from the truth. He didn't even stop by the El Choco House of Music when I played there this past Tuesday. (Que lastima!)
And it is such a short distance from his relative's place in Sea Horse Ranch. It is possible I might have missed him in the crowd.

Those images of what the new plazas for Sosua Beach look like sure do seem to support all of the current vendors, don't they? :ROFLMAO: 😅 :D😇:cool:
And I got a bridge in Brooklyn, cheap.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nothing can be further from the truth. He didn't even stop by the El Choco House of Music when I played there this past Tuesday. (Que lastima!)
And it is such a short distance from his relative's place in Sea Horse Ranch. It is possible I might have missed him in the crowd.

Those images of what the new plazas for Sosua Beach look like sure do seem to support all of the current vendors, don't they? :ROFLMAO: 😅 :D😇:cool:
What images are you talking about Windy? Holding out on us?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Maybe it was bc he was tired of listening to you tooting your wind instrument about how bad the laws are enforced here? Or maybe because every opportunity to put down the immigration dept? The ethics dept? The Traffic? The police? The illegals? The sosua beach patrol? The squatters? The overstayers? The Capital? Who knows why he didn't stop? The shame of him in the face of a citizen no less!! Perhaps you should contact the PR dept and tell tell about your outrage?

As a lover of music you should certainly know the tune "Cry me a River"? Lay that on him.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
My brother-in-law is Lebanese, and so is Abinader, so, machatonim---jaja---we're related.

I don't disagree that steps could/should have been taken to adjust the gestalt in This Dusty Whore Town I Call Home. But what I've seen of the plans for Playa Sosua look like "Let's Make Another Punta Cana." And I actually am privy to the plans.

My professional background is in land use/sustainability/urban planning, and of course I'm wrong in trying to transfer that skill set to here. I know I'll be immediately hand-slapped/shut down by the DR-ones. Rock on. But still... I can't suppress these niggling reservations about the plans as presented. I know RD zoning is not NYC zoning. (Zoning in DR? ) But this little thing about the 6 meters from the water line....what do I know.

Reactions: Auryn and USA DOC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe it was bc he was tired of listening to you tooting your wind instrument about how bad the laws are enforced here? Or maybe because every opportunity to put down the immigration dept? The ethics dept? The Traffic? The police? The illegals? The sosua beach patrol? The squatters? The overstayers? The Capital? Who knows why he didn't stop? The shame of him in the face of a citizen no less!! Perhaps you should contact the PR dept and tell tell about your outrage?

As a lover of music you should certainly know the tune "Cry me a River"? Lay that on him.
I got a chuckle out of that one.

How about this: When the laws are enforced as written, I won't mention them. When the ambiguity of what is being done now stops and the government does as it said it will do, then I won't have to discuss it. I do think its time for a change, Some my think it's disgusting, some think that it's strange. Oh, Oh... (domino)