Abinader says more police added to reduce crime

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Aumento-policias-para-frenar-delincuencia-Listin-Diario-e1631110490471.png

President Luis Abinader defended the government’s actions to fight crime and announced that this year 3,500 more police will soon to assigned to work in the 911 Emergency Service (2,000) and preventive programs (1,500).

Speaking during a meeting to explain the government’s actions to media directors, the President said that 17,000 police are deployed in preventive actions. He said more resources are being allocated in the 2022 budget to fight crime and add more trained staff. The President said a National Crime Observatory is in the process. The plan is to increase the monitoring of efforts to fight crime.

In its coverage of the press meeting, Diario Libre published two editorials focusing on the effort and the business of crime.

Currently, the public perception of the Police force is at record lows. While the Police does not report...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The spike in crime is all over Dominican social media pages but the prez and his police chief claiming it’s down from before.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The answer to that is very easy..not many people report a crime because it involves time and money and the police seldom investigate unless you pay them to do so. Delinquency is occurring during the day and night in the East at a dreadful rate. Women working in Zonas Franca are going home in groups and it is dangerous walking on the streets for most people.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The answer to that is very easy..not many people report a crime because it involves time and money and the police seldom investigate unless you pay them to do so. Delinquency is occurring during the day and night in the East at a dreadful rate. Women working in Zonas Franca are going home in groups and it is dangerous walking on the streets for most people.
When you say East is it East Santo Domingo or is it the eastern part of the country

Reactions: OldSkool

34Santiago

May 8, 2021
Santiago
The Police here, who I have worked with over three decades do more with less than any Spanish/French/English/Patois speaking Caribbean nation.
Certainly much improved but along way to go but the selection an FBI NA graduate Edy Sanchez as the Chief who was the Commander NP/Santiago first of Stolen Vehicles then after a year Felony Investigation's was a truly great choice. He has accomplished the big two of PD administration namely improved pay/working conditions. Some how they mostly only shoot bad guys and find them too.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
aarhus I really mean east of the autopista between las Americas and Nagua .I have to confess that ,because of the Covid situation I seldom go further west so can not comment on that part of the DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The Police here, who I have worked with over three decades do more with less than any Spanish/French/English/Patois speaking Caribbean nation.
Certainly much improved but along way to go but the selection an FBI NA graduate Edy Sanchez as the Chief who was the Commander NP/Santiago first of Stolen Vehicles then after a year Felony Investigation's was a truly great choice. He has accomplished the big two of PD administration namely improved pay/working conditions. Some how they mostly only shoot bad guys and find them too.
I agree. The good work they do barely ever gets reported.