Abinader should not attend Ukraine peace conference

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Anibal-De-Castro-Atento-RD-1024x656.png

Anibal de Castro recommends the Dominican Republic discretely back Ukraine in the conference by sending a “modest representation”. He understands it would not be in the national interest for President Luis Abinader to attend the peace conference in Switzerland. The conference is organized by Ukraine and has the backing of several European countries.

President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa of Portugal asked President Abinader to attend the conference when the Dominican statesman visited Portugal during his European work-vacation in May.

Executive editor of Diario Libre, Anibal de Castro, a former Dominican ambassador, says the perspective of the crisis in Haiti is what is most important in the country’s international dealings. De Castro explains that Russia has a seat on the UN Security Council and can veto any UN assistance to Haiti. Russia nor China are participating in the Swiss...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
I have some cash in house, just in case in need to run away and fly to the Island✌️

When I return home I always wonder... why did I go back again... oh yes... something to do with work

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
Get 'em Aarhus! Passive Danes are people too!
Yeah I know. That’s funny. There just seems to be a clear pattern of what is considered topical and not. Maybe depending on the moderator. I haven’t yet studied who and where with the moderators. Where can you push the envelope lol

• Angry
Reactions: keepcoming

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
I simply don’t understand this forum anymore. Bashing Ukraine is now considered topical for the DR. It’s bizarre.
Ukraine has been considered one of the most corrupt countries in Europe for decades. Yeah they produce many exports from agriculture, have beautiful women and great boxers.
But the West (Victoria Nuland Obama and Hillary ) executed a coups driving out the elected President Viktor Yanukovych.
There were also ethnic mistreatment of ethnic Russians in the East.
Then they kept poking Russia in the eye by talking about Ukraine as a Nato asset.
Yeah the West needs to just quit staging coups or stirring the pots around the world.
And Abinader won't do himself favors by getting involved

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Ukraine has been considered one of the most corrupt countries in Europe for decades. Yeah they produce many exports from agriculture, have beautiful women and great boxers.
But the West (Victoria Nuland Obama and Hillary ) executed a coups driving out the elected President Viktor Yanukovych.
There were also ethnic mistreatment of ethnic Russians in the East.
Then they kept poking Russia in the eye by talking about Ukraine as a Nato asset.
Yeah the West needs to just quit staging coups or stirring the pots around the world.
And Abinader won't do himself favors by getting involved
You just hit a grand slam...succinct history of what went down...

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
Don't try it in this forum!
I meant I thought others must be doing that as they get away with outrageous postings like the anti Ukraine / pro Putin content. Well I will be taking a longer break from this. Like Hijo says when it doesn’t fit my model or maybe I don’t fit into the model.

Reactions: Bred

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I meant I thought others must be doing that as they get away with outrageous postings like the anti Ukraine / pro Putin content. Well I will be taking a longer break from this. Like Hijo says when it doesn’t fit my model or maybe I don’t fit into the model.

Abinader would be nothing more than an observer at the conference. The invite obligates him to attend and it’s an opportunity for him to add some gravitas to his political reputation. If he bows out he needs to do it gracefully. If he decides to attend, the risk is Putin can ban Russian tourist trips to the DR. Cuba is, once again, their main Caribbean destination.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
You shouldn’t walk away. So you got to vote what fits you best, as did I. And there were a lot of candidates/views to choose from.

Common sense is easily ignored. Don’t get bullied away by people who can only have a limited friend/enemy view.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You shouldn’t walk away. So you got to vote what fits you best, as did I. And there were a lot of candidates/views to choose from.

Common sense is easily ignored. Don’t get bullied away by people who can only have a limited friend/enemy view.
I agree. DR1 seems to be mainly populated by people with a certain mindset that is different from mine, but I will continue to say what I think. I hope it's not too late to get Aarhus back!

Reactions: Notengo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Again?