Abinader's first major scandal

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Time will tell, but....

I saw a news article a few days ago put out by the president's office stating that govt. officials are limited in the amount of "Assesors" they can have on their payroll.
I've now seen 3 news articles publishing the high salaries paid to Assesors of different govt. officials. Luis's people pulling the rug from underneath him.

"A tremendous stir has been created with some lists of ministries and the advisors they have hired on their payrolls.

The problem is not the advice , nor the specific people, but the amounts that are allocated for things that, many times, pass as trivial and carry exorbitant budgets that far exceed even the salaries authorized by the Ministry of Public Administration for ordinary employees of similar consultancies."

Reactions: NanSanPedro

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
This coming out after the election. But wasn’t it just a question of time.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If we don't see a round of quiet resignations in the next few days I'll be surprised.

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
If we don't see a round of quiet resignations in the next few days I'll be surprised.
Will be interesting. I have had to admit A is a fairly good president after initially being skeptical. He did well during the pandemic not going overboard on restrictions thereby keeping the tourism industry going. He has grown the economy and seems to have eliminated some bureaucracy.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Here's an example. Check out those salaries:

GPZsdhkbkAE5qg6

GPZseHiasAAGjmE

• Wow
Reactions: cavok and AlterEgo

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
They create advisory positions in order to satisfy campaign promises to party insiders.
I bet some hold multiple botellas.

Reactions: AlterEgo

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
it doesnt matter if Luis is great or not, every time an president term, the admin team always have scandal.

Aug 21, 2007
it doesnt matter if Luis is great or not, every time an president term, the admin team always have scandal.
Because the president is only one person who has perhaps his value system. But as impecable as his personal value system is, it is only as good as his most corrupt manager.

That is the sad truth of being at the top.

He is trying to change a culture (wow! just
Like I am!) and that happens over generations, not terms. (I will not live long enough - am just hoping to get the ball rolling)

But someone must start the slow process and take the hits. It is lonely being at the top.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Goverment spokesman Homero Figueroa says they are all directors with full time jobs.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
US$ 2,000 is still a pretty high salary in Santo Domingo. And almost all of these guys are earning way more than that, even if they are full time directors. There is one who seems to be an administrator (admin consultant?) and earning just under US$ 3,000 a month.

Hopefully the media will continue to dig up this type of stuff, it's important that the government is kept on its toes and understands that people are watching.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
US$ 2,000 is still a pretty high salary in Santo Domingo. And almost all of these guys are earning way more than that, even if they are full time directors. There is one who seems to be an administrator (admin consultant?) and earning just under US$ 3,000 a month.

Hopefully the media will continue to dig up this type of stuff, it's important that the government is kept on its toes and understands that people are watching.
VPs at known banks were making 250k/month in 2009.