Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
So, does a woman face face actual legal jeapordy if she's "found out"? Have any women been prosecuted for obtaining an abortion? Have any doctors been prosecuted. The article above references hundreds of teenagers. " He said that 20% of the incomplete abortion cases involved teenagers, and most were due to unwanted pregnancies. Dr. Calderon pointed out that most of the teenagers' abortions were artificially induced, unlike the cases of the adults where most were miscarriages."

Is it a law on the books as a moral barometer for the country and not enforced?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So, does a woman face face actual legal jeapordy if she's "found out"? Have any women been prosecuted for obtaining an abortion? Have any doctors been prosecuted. The article above references hundreds of teenagers. " He said that 20% of the incomplete abortion cases involved teenagers, and most were due to unwanted pregnancies. Dr. Calderon pointed out that most of the teenagers' abortions were artificially induced, unlike the cases of the adults where most were miscarriages."

Is it a law on the books as a moral barometer for the country and not enforced?

All I know is there are a number of women/girls admitted to the public hospital ( don't know about the private clinics) with incomplete, blotched or some sort of complication from abortion. As far as I know none of them end up in jail.

May 29, 2006
ADOPTION IS A BETTER OPTION!!! ABORTION IS sickening!!!

How many foster kids have you adopted? Just curious.. Ten percent of Dominican girls between 15-19 get pregnant every year. Access to long term contraception reduces pregnancy and abortion rates significantly.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess the problem I have with this (and I will always defer to you Mr S as your in country where I am in and out), is from
what I see in the barrios in SD for example, for every 1 of the thriving children, there must be 1000 (and I have seen many
personally), who don't have access to
decent schools, books, uniforms or parents (or support systems) who give a sh#t about these precious lives.

Quick story,
My wife who lives with me here in Boston, learned some devastating news over the last 2 weeks about a Sto Dgo 15 year
Old girl with developmental disabilities ...very close to my wife and family. We found out she got pregnant late last year by a
supposed 17 year old. Bad enough it was an immoral act of statutory rape, she naturally told no one, and now 4 months
Pregnant, her school kicked her out. Her chance at education is effectively done.

All this come to find this girl's older brother was collecting money repeatedly in exchange for access to this 15 year old by this
older kid....extremely ugly and heartbreaking situation.

The culture non-education of sexual matters, the culture of machismo and multiple wives, is astounding in the DR.
Gringos coming for a "play date or 10" vacation have no idea the arena into which they are entering.

On the other hand, thank God for people on the other side with open arms, with some support and love to offer, as every child
deserves the chance to learn to talk, read and write and laugh....as you say.

I'm not saying there can't be compelling reasons for a girl/woman to terminate a pregnancy. I'm saying there are many options to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Lots of teenage girls get pregnant in places like Canada, Australia, and the USA as well and most of those girls have the education and access to either free or cheap birth control, so access and education are only part of the issue. There are no easy answers to these issues, but abortion is not the answer.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
There are hundreds of private clinics that if you have the cash will perform the procedures. There are also a lot of Curanderas that will whip up a potion that will cause the fetus to be aborted. Call around to the different clinics and ask if they will do it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm not saying there can't be compelling reasons for a girl/woman to terminate a pregnancy. I'm saying there are many options to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Lots of teenage girls get pregnant in places like Canada, Australia, and the USA as well and most of those girls have the education and access to either free or cheap birth control, so access and education are only part of the issue. There are no easy answers to these issues, but abortion is not the answer.

Abortion is currently indeed one of the answers. To say otherwise dismisses reality.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This thread has gone as far as it can - any and all options have been touched upon, the ball is now in the OP's court.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.