ACT's - SAT's?

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Do secondary schools in the DR have these exams? How difficult is it for an honor student fluent in English to get a student visa to attend a university in the United States? Any insight into these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the Dominico-Americano bi-national centers offer SATs. Go there first. I am sure that schools like Carol Morgan probably offer them.

With acceptance visas should be a piece of cake. There are thousands of Dominicans studying in the US

HB

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Do secondary schools in the DR have these exams? How difficult is it for an honor student fluent in English to get a student visa to attend a university in the United States? Any insight into these issues would be greatly appreciated.

My undersatnding is that any student coming to a University in the USA has to pass a TOEFL test. I don't know if i have that exactly right, but it is a test where one has t prove that they know enuff English to operate at college level.
Der Fish

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, Chiri....I had forgot thE TOEFL....it too is offered by the Dominico....

HB

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
My understanding is that many of the International Schools (such as those mentioned), also the International School of Sosua, St. Michael's in SD, St. George in SD, Santiago Christian School would offer this for their students. These schools are registered with associations like SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), WASC ( Western), or NEASC (New England). As long as those schools maintain accreditation with the college board, the opportunities to write SATs happen twice per year. Some schools in the private sector may also have made arrangements for students to write SATs or TOEFL.