Adobe Illustrator Anyone?

Feb 7, 2007
Is there any Adobe Illustrator expert among us?

I am running into some issues there (Adobe Illustrator CS4)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When I print into PDF (Adobe PDF print driver) from Illustrator CS4, my results were coming black and white PDF files.

Later after some testing I found out that this happens if the file being printed into PDF from within Illustrator is based on RGB scale. If it is based on CMYK scales it prints into PDF with full color.

How do I remove this issue when printing the RGB-based color images into PDF (via Adobe PDF print driver), so they print out also in full color and not just black and white?

Many thanks.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Know illy very well. Hmmm

when you try to print...have you tried to go under the color managment option...and then select under printer profile select "color match RGB"

That worked for me.

ALso...make sure your regular printer is set up for color. It is weird...if your default printer is set for B&W, Acrobat will default to that no matter what you do.

Not sure if that will help...hope it does.

Reactions: rubio_higuey
Feb 7, 2007
Thank you!!! It worked. Looks like under the Color Management printer profile was set to something like "dot gain 10%" (fresh after installation) changing that to Color Match RGB results now in color printing. On the other hand CMYK profile defaulted to US WEB Coated SWAP v2 (whatever that stands for) and thus defaulted in color printing.

Again, thank you very much

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Just one question.

I don't understand any of that gobbledegook that you asked about.

Why did you post it here? Ok, you got an answer, but isn't this forum about DR stuff?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Up to a point, there is no problem with posters requesting health, technical or practical tips, even if it isn't directly DR-related. rubio_higuey is a valued member who has made scores of helpful posts on a range of topics on DR1, so who are we to begrudge him the right to ask for advice? :)

Reactions: Tamborista

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Glad I could be of help rubio! Hey..for once i knew what i was talking about! Its funny cuz I was having just the same problem earlier in the week at work (different program tho).

@ beeza...lighten up! Perhaps rubio is a domincan using illustrator...i guess that would make it relevant.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, I am not Dominican, but I was trying to print out from illustrator into PDF, for a friend of mine, a Corel Draw based file with a map of a land he is buying in the DR ... so voila... a DR connection :)