Adulterated liquor is killing more people than Covid

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Alcohol-adulterado-Diario-Libre.jpg

Adulterated alcoholic drinks, some disguised as legitimate brands, have killed more than 300 persons. The drinks are killing more people a day than Covid-19, or around 15 a day, as reported in the media. The Ministry of Public Health has issued an alert to the population to stay away from beverages that do not have the required sanitation registration. Most of the victims are people in Greater Santo Domingo. The low cost drinks are attractively packaged and are sold in colmados.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre Listin Diario...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2021/04/19/adulterated-liquor-is-killing-more-people-than-covid/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Can you even trust the alcohol bought at major supermarkets? What about duty free? Is there not the temptations to increase profits with substitutes at any stage of the supply chain? Asking for a friend.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
They made a requisition? Great, so they have the product. How about shutting down the colmados? Yanking the license?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They made a requisition? Great, so they have the product. How about shutting down the colmados? Yanking the license?
As I have mentioned many times... If you read any of the daily news websites here, you would know they are shutting down colmados for selling contraband liquor.

Reactions: Harleysrock

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
All new bottles of alcohol are sealed. The back woods boys don't have the technology or brain power to replicate the factory seal. Look at what you are buying, if it looks like it was tampered with don't buy it.

Let's stop the hysteria that all alcohol here is that bad shit the cabrons drink. Do you buy green steaks with maggots on them, I didn't think so.

Look at what you buy and leave the drama to the news networks.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
All new bottles of alcohol are sealed. The back woods boys don't have the technology or brain power to replicate the factory seal. Look at what you are buying, if it looks like it was tampered with don't buy it.

Let's stop the hysteria that all alcohol here is that bad shit the cabrons drink. Do you buy green steaks with maggots on them, I didn't think so.

Look at what you buy and leave the drama to the news networks.

I don't know...Dominicans told me that bottles are sealed back, not the news network. Granted, Dominicans have a tendency to exaggerate when they tell a story.:)
I am sticking to Supermarket to buy bottles (as I tend to do before), but someone told me yesterday that they (who is they ? that I don't know) will create an app to be able to verify the serial number or something like that.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I stick to the supermarkets and Licormart. I had an issue a few years ago with bad wine. The Licormart guy refunded me in a heart beat. You have to be careful here.

It wasn't his fault about the wine and it was not tampered with. It was a manufacturer issue and he looked after it.

I have no desire to go into the ghettos here looking for a deal

Reactions: Big

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
As I have mentioned many times... If you read any of the daily news websites here, you would know they are shutting down colmados for selling contraband liquor.
You're right and I probably should. Just expected it here.

Reactions: JD Jones