After too many tragic road accidents, Public Works takes action and announces repairs of Duarte highway

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Agreed. But to change the habits significantly could take a generation?

Myself hopes they are not going over the top and enforce 0.0 blood alcohol concentration like my home country.
The chance of that seems slim :ROFLMAO:

I enjoy a beer or a glass of wine when dining out. The zero alternatives doesn't taste right.

I guess it will take courage to implement some of the suggested solutions. Many Dominicans might protest changing their behaviours.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Some says that the drive and drink problem more or less were resolved two years ago with the new laws. :unsure:

The work in the Dominican Republic demonstrates the effectiveness of public private partnerships, where government, civil society, and the private sector came together to discuss, share expertise, and create a joint strategy that would lead to improvements in road safety.”

Our work with the Dominican Republic is a strong example of what can be achieved through a multisectoral approach. We recognized the need to support a long-term strategy to reduce fatalities and began working with a number of parties to implement a drinking and driving prevention initiative in the country. While the country has a law that prohibits driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, there was no legal maximum blood alcohol concentration, or BAC, for drivers.