Age gap relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
I am curious about is age gap relationships in the DR.

I will be 60 in a few weeks. I think I take good care of myself, I look good for my age, however that is my age.

I recently joined Ukrainian Date and got zero interest from women under 40. Nothing. Even some nasty responses "Why don't date my mother?"

A few days later I joined the sister dating site Dominican Cupid. Totally the opposite reaction. Gorgeous women 25 and up are falling all over themselves wanting to hook up with me. I have arranged actually to spend August with a 25 year old with supermodel looks in her apartment in the DR.

This is using the same dating profile.

And it doesn't seem to be about money. As far as I can tell, the average living conditions in Ukraine and the DR are about equal. In fact, Ukraine is in the middle of a war. I would think Ukrainian girls would be more desperate.

And I don’t think that Ukrainian women are especially prudish or shy. I do not know statistics, however I believe that a large percentage of Ukrainian women are sex workers (of course not most, however it is not taboo in Ukraine).

I am wondering if this is because the DR is a much more traditional, patriarchal society. The husband is the boss. It's OK for him to be as old, if not a bit older, than your father. It's OK to marry "Papi".

Alternatively, and I wonder if this is true of other of Latin America, is there is a tall, white, blue eyed American man fetish among many women. I really don't know. I am just throwing that out there as possibility.

I am really confused why there is a 180 degree difference between Ukraine and the DR regarding age gap, and it seems to be something other than my wallet (which is very thin; I make no secret of that) or my passport.

It seems to be something are Dominican culture.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I am curious about is age gap relationships in the DR.

I will be 60 in a few weeks. I think I take good care of myself, I look good for my age, however that is my age.

I recently joined Ukrainian Date and got zero interest from women under 40. Nothing. Even some nasty responses "Why don't date my mother?"

A few days later I joined the sister dating site Dominican Cupid. Totally the opposite reaction. Gorgeous women 25 and up are falling all over themselves wanting to hook up with me. I have arranged actually to spend August with a 25 year old with supermodel looks in her apartment in the DR.

This is using the same dating profile.

And it doesn't seem to be about money. As far as I can tell, the average living conditions in Ukraine and the DR are about equal. In fact, Ukraine is in the middle of a war. I would think Ukrainian girls would be more desperate.

And I don’t think that Ukrainian women are especially prudish or shy. I do not know statistics, however I believe that a large percentage of Ukrainian women are sex workers (of course not most, however it is not taboo in Ukraine).

I am wondering if this is because the DR is a much more traditional, patriarchal society. The husband is the boss. It's OK for him to be as old, if not a bit older, than your father. It's OK to marry "Papi".

Alternatively, and I wonder if this is true of other of Latin America, is there is a tall, white, blue eyed American man fetish among many women. I really don't know. I am just throwing that out there as possibility.

I am really confused why there is a 180 degree difference between Ukraine and the DR regarding age gap, and it seems to be something other than my wallet (which is very thin; I make no secret of that) or my passport.

It seems to be something are Dominican culture.

Don't be fooled it always is. ;)

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I'm similar to you in terms of age, in shape, young looking, etc. When I was living there I also found that woman half my age (or more) were attracted to me as well. I was curious as to the attraction and so I asked. Invariably, the answer was that they were attracted to my personality, intelligence, and clever wit - even though I could barely speak Spanish at the time and they knew no English. They assured me it had nothing to do with my money, passport, U.S. citizenship, or an opportunity to escape D.R.

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
I understand that this is basically a transactional relationship, what is known as a sugar baby.

The sugar baby concept is alive and flourishing in the US as well from what I hear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_baby

What surprises me a bit it that Dominican women seem to so commonly and enthusiastically participating in this while European women, even just as desperate and poor European women, seem to 99% hold their noses up.

Are Dominican women generally more accepting of an age gap? Are they just more greedy or promiscuous? What's going on there?

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
The culture doesn't frown on relationships between age groups. Honestly, it's hard being a woman here, so somebody that can support a household and not be a violent alcoholic will do just fine. Around here, a social security/pension check is striking it rich. Also there are also a lot of side relationships that women participate in fun and gifts.

Like anywhere, the woman can be quite sincere and loving to just taking advantage. Either way, if the music stops, watch out.

Somebody else said "leave them where you found them". It would be a huge shock to remove a dominican woman from her environment although many do, but it creates problems down the line. How's your spanish?

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Harry my recommendation is line up multiple women that you meet on Cupid, using whatsapp for free calling and video calling. When you have your schedule set line up dates 1 for Monday, then another for Tuesday etc. Make sure your hotel in Chica friendly, that they can come to the hotel and your room. I like the Crowne Plaza in Santo Domingo. It is the Capital and the largest city in DR. Most of the flights go to Punta Cana. You can also rent a condo airbnb. Even if a woman is not pure pro, give her a little money. Focus on woman from 1 city so that their travel to meet is easy. And yes most of Latin America is similar.

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
Do white American men have a special status in the DR, or not really? I know that this is true in the Philippines. Or I could just as well be Asian or African so long as I have the pesos.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
One diffference is that citizens of Ukraine can travel and work visa free all across Europe. The can take care of elderly for decent salaries in the West.

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
I know for example that the Philippines was previous a US colony and Filipinos still have fond memories of the American occupation. There is a lot of prestige to have an American boyfriend, even if the girl is 15 and man is 75 and can barely walk. Is there any concept like this in the DR or not really. US, China, Nigeria, Russia, it's all the same. Just bring money.

Reactions: CaribeDigital

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Do white American men have a special status in the DR, or not really? I know that this is true in the Philippines. Or I could just as well be Asian or African so long as I have the pesos.

Women, especially those interested in men where there is a significant age and/or language and/or culture gap, are going to care more about your money and willingness to help support them and their families, than what color you are.

Think about it in reverse. You're 25 years old, good looking and have your act together. Why would you be interested in dating a 60 y.o. woman?

Exactly.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's much more common in all of Latin America for younger women to be with older men. It's a cultural thing and is widely accepted and not looked down on as in Western cultures. Obviously, it's still ultimatelyabout money and security though, but most marriages are, too!

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
One diffference is that citizens of Ukraine can travel and work visa free all across Europe. The can take care of elderly for decent salaries in the West.
That's interesting. In other poor countries such as the Philippines huge number of people work abroad and send home remittances. In the DR that it's really done?

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
That's interesting. In other poor countries such as the Philippines huge number of people work abroad and send home remittances. In the DR that it's really done?
I don't know of any rich country where a Dominican could go and work without visa.
And then you have the language barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.