Air arrivals required to prove they are negative to Covid-19, or take blood test upon arrival

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My daughter flew into Las Americas(SDQ) this afternoon from Boston. She said immigration and customs was the usual (she's a dual citizen). She did have to fill out the health questionare. There was no sign of any sort of testing.
thank you for this solid info.
the rest of the people still bickering over a post by someone who faked the results. listen up folks, everyone is not so clueless as some of you people. The con artists were already thinking of faking the results the moment the news of the airport testing spread. that one post didn't do a thing, the people who were going to fake it, were going to do it anyway. its very easy to photoshop someone results and put in your data. so stop this non-sense of starting this trend. this was going to happen no matter what. no one wants to risk being, coming out, false positive and then has to quarantine for 2 weeks. some of us don't have the luxury to be locked up in a room, without work for 2 weeks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
thank you for this solid info.
the rest of the people still bickering over a post by someone who faked the results. listen up folks, everyone is not so clueless as some of you people. The con artists were already thinking of faking the results the moment the news of the airport testing spread. that one post didn't do a thing, the people who were going to fake it, were going to do it anyway. its very easy to photoshop someone results and put in your data. so stop this non-sense of starting this trend. this was going to happen no matter what. no one wants to risk being, coming out, false positive and then has to quarantine for 2 weeks. some of us don't have the luxury to be locked up in a room, without work for 2 weeks.
Of course people were going to fake results. Goes without saying. DR1 has no impact on that.

Above report of no testing visible at all at SDQ was interesting, but not at all surprising.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Of course people were going to fake results. Goes without saying. DR1 has no impact on that.

Above report of no testing visible at all at SDQ was interesting, but not at all surprising.
The thread was about the test requirement and I guess we want to find out how we each deal with that when we enter the country.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i would like to see more people post regarding their own experience or recent experience of someone they know as they enter the DR through an airport. lets stick to the topic and not deviate from it. Remember, no one is required to post their opinion on any post that is written by anyone. i want to travel and I would like to know what is actually going on at the airport, the procedure and the response if someone is tested positive.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
i would like to see more people post regarding their own experience or recent experience of someone they know as they enter the DR through an airport. lets stick to the topic and not deviate from it. Remember, no one is required to post their opinion on any post that is written by anyone. i want to travel and I would like to know what is actually going on at the airport, the procedure and the response if someone is tested positive.
Good idea and keep the thread just about the test requirement as it seems to change from day to day.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good idea and keep the thread just about the test requirement as it seems to change from day to day.
moment to moment: this is the DR. For those who want to plan ahead, I am afraid the DR is not a place where that is possible.

AZB, you should know how consistent things are here. While it is valuable to find out what others have experienced, in no way does that mean you would
face the same result even with identical circumstances being the next passenger in line.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
moment to moment: this is the DR. For those who want to plan ahead, I am afraid the DR is not a place where that is possible.

AZB, you should know how consistent things are here. While it is valuable to find out what others have experienced, in no way does that mean you would
face the same result even with identical circumstances being the next passenger in line.
agreed. I just want to see where this thing is going with testing. i have a feeling they will not be able to enforce this new rule. just not organized enough to do that at the moment. I want to leave next week for NY but i will not let my fate rest in hands with some testing kit which can give false positive. I will weigh my options before deciding whether its a good idea to go or not.

Reactions: cavok

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
I went down to STI, the second week of July, 2020 flying out on Jetblue. I was told at that time that the DR was asking for recent test results and I learned also of the Health declaration form. I asked my PCP to schedule a test but later found out that test results were no longer required and so I canceled my testing. At my home airport there was no temperature check which was disappointing. The jetblue crew distributed the health declaration form and which was left by me, duly filled, probably at the immigration booth, cannot recall well. No body gave a hoot that I observed. They had temperature scanner at STI though and staff, disciplined I thought.

One week down the road, the government re-imposed the curfew, which is still in vogue and so I decided to return as I did not like the fact that one has to be cooped up inside at 5 PM on the weekend. I used to go for long walks the first week in the evening as days were very very hot.

On my way back, the traffic at STI was even less. There was a temperature scanner, unobtrusively placed and a nurse as one entered the security check zone. There was no conversation of testing of incoming passengers then and so my 10 days or so there was uneventful. I have been back now for 10 days.

To my mind, it is better to attempt testing back home and hopefully carry the document as against taking a chance at the other end, what with so called "asymptomatic" carriers.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I just arrived on flight 935 to POP and was in my ride outside airport before scheduled arrival time even w checked bag (1st time ever lol). Flight was half full and 20 minutes early.

Everything like normal except they checked CV19 test before immigration which was a glance at "negative" for 1 second, he didn't even match my name with lab report or maybe he looked at date, not sure.

Reactions: aarhus and David B

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I just arrived on flight 935 to POP and was in my ride outside airport before scheduled arrival time even w checked bag (1st time ever lol). Flight was half full and 20 minutes early.

Everything like normal except they checked CV19 test before immigration which was a glance at "negative" for 1 second, he didn't even match my name with lab report or maybe he looked at date, not sure.

I'm arriving at POP tomorrow, without a test in hand. Did you see anyone being tested from your flighit?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i can only tell for the PC airport.
my arriving guests with negative results in hand are lead to one Immigrations line and are out with their driver 15-20 minutes after touching ground, that already includes the time to get the checked luggage.
guests with no negative results at hand are lead to the "other line/side", there they get their Temp taken and a certain number of those get randoomly selected for a quick blood/antibody test. I had friends traveling together, no negative test results at hand, lead to that "other side", 4 of the 6 been selected for testing and 2 could walk straight on. so they do not test every traveler without a test result at hand, but a good number of those.
of that mentioned group of 6 guests, the 4 selected for the tests arrived at the same transfer vehicle 18 minutes after the 2 of the group who had not been tested.
all 6 traveled with checked luggage.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
agreed. I just want to see where this thing is going with testing. i have a feeling they will not be able to enforce this new rule. just not organized enough to do that at the moment. I want to leave next week for NY but i will not let my fate rest in hands with some testing kit which can give false positive. I will weigh my options before deciding whether its a good idea to go or not.
I have hands on experience with his question AZB. I travelled from Savannah Ga. this morning to JFK. NYC has put in place a procedure that incoming flights from cities that have high covid cases (there are about26-29 cities be monitored and tracked upon arrival in NYC). There was an agent at the gate when you came off tan plane and his assistant. He has a badge . From what agency IDK. He handed you a form. The assistant kept an eye on you to see if you would leave without filling out the form. The information wanted to know where would you quarantine for the next 14 days. Address, tel # etc. You handed the form to the assistant and went on your way.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
But seriously they can’t put you on a plane with covid and return you to home country no one with covid can fly. So what happens do they put you in Quarantine?
This is why we should keep this thread on the straight and narrow to the topic as Azb suggested. What is the situation on the ground. What really happens so we know and can do our best to do the right thing.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
But seriously they can’t put you on a plane with covid and return you to home country no one with covid can fly. So what happens do they put you in Quarantine?
exactly,
thats a point i did nowhere read any travelers first hand experience about, yet.
teh statements show that a traveler, who tests positive on the antibody quick test, get's a PCR Test done to confirm positive/negative.
and then the stuff only states, if showing positive, the traveler will be brought to a gov quarantine facility to receive the proper necessary treatment.
never did i anywhere read/see what such gov quarantine facility is/looks like, if a traveler for example shows positive on arrival here at PC Airport.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Other countries allow you to quarantine at home, but the police check on you and also deliver (or have delivered) what you need for quarantine. If you don't have home, then hotel. I haven't heard anything for the DR. Maybe case by case.

Reactions: aarhus

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
and to get the results of such PCR Test take time to come out, they are not available the same day, may take several days.
They are starting to manufacture portable PCR units that take 90 minutes. Just put the sample into a cartridge, close, shake, put into a toaster oven sized machine and hit start. 90 minutes later, and you have a result. Any virus in the cartridge is inactive, so toss it in trash when done. Runs on household current.

I doubt the DR has any or more then a few, but it's perfect for airports, medical offices and such. They are ramping production now. The machine is simple. The cartridge, not so much.