Air arrivals required to prove they are negative to Covid-19, or take blood test upon arrival

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
People are going to read this and do the same....
I have never known people who can work the system like Dominicans.
They are experts and when one figures an angle they immediately tell their friends.
Coming up with fake CV results probably took about one minute.
They are a very clever at all types of workarounds.

Reactions: windeguy and Tonchi

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
My lab results came on my LabCorp phone app. Just screenshot that..photoshop the date,,,good to go

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It would cost the DR a lot of resources if they had to validate the authenticity of each test. There will be a some cheaters who fall through the cracks.
I understand the need to prevent infected tourist from entering
the country but I do not think asking for people to show
negative test results at the airport using the "honor system"
is the correct way to deal with slowing the spread.
After a quick search on Google Images I found several
images that would be very easy to download and would
not take much time to doctor/ edit the results.

1596631195668.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CristoRey, I completely agree regarding your post #83 above. Very easy to "work around" having an actual test with such an example.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I understand the need to prevent infected tourist from entering
the country but I do not think asking for people to show
negative test results at the airport using the "honor system"
is the correct way to deal with slowing the spread.
After a quick search on Google Images I found several
images that would be very easy to download and would
not take much time to doctor/ edit the results.

View attachment 3067
I never said I thought it was a smart idea but it is what they are doing. I will not myself travel back as long as they do this because of the risk of being sent to the Covid hotel.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I arrive in couple days. They can test me. I’m healthy, but I know the science. I will not cheat. Damn the torpedos

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I arrive in couple days. They can test me. I’m healthy, but I know the science. I will not cheat. Damn the torpedos
Thats my thinking to. When I go back to Europe and if I then come back here I will just have to take my chances here with the airport test. But I hope by then they will let who can quarantine in their home and a rental should count to . Cheating with this sounds so innocent for some because its the DR but I dont think its a good idea and what if they come up with something to fight the cheating. It will be another mess. They are trying hard to make it look as if they are seriously doing something to save their tourism industry. Don’t underestimate that.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
To be clear, I am not encouraging people to cheat.
I'm simply showing people how infective this process
will be going forward. Ask yourself... Are these
inconveniences really making us any safer?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To be clear, I am not encouraging people to cheat.
I'm simply showing people how infective this process
will be going forward. Ask yourself... Are these
inconveniences really making us any safer?
Perhaps the inconveniences have small effects. But there is no way to shut down such a contagious virus without some way of building herd immunity.

Has anyone heard of cases where people have been confirmed without a doubt of having CV19 twice?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I bet you could dummy a passport and walk through into and out of the DR.

I bet they scan passports and it flashes onto an old green screen in a broom closet on a dusty shelf.

Then they stamp you through🤣

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Perhaps the inconveniences have small effects. But there is no way to shut down such a contagious virus without some way of building herd immunity.

Has anyone heard of cases where people have been confirmed without a doubt of having CV19 twice?
Yo oido mucho pero.....

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
If they would just listen to us right. All we can do is adapt to what they come up with. I don’t think its just the DR thats to blame. I think they get a lot of pressure from outside including the US.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm waiting to hear what they do with someone who tests positive. Probably will never hear about that though.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014

Yes. I live in Canada and the son of a friend was feeling ill and went to the doctor. The doctor stated that the kid had Covid and that he could see that it was the SECOND time the guy had it.
Worth noting, the kid had no idea he had it the first time - he was totally asymptomatic. The second time was a mild case and he recuperated at home.
Doctor also told him that his second case was mild BECAUSE it was the second time he had it.
I have some doubts and questions about this, but I can say that the information is reliable insofar as my friend is the mom and that is apparently what the doctor said.
Go figure.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes. I live in Canada and the son of a friend was feeling ill and went to the doctor. The doctor stated that the kid had Covid and that he could see that it was the SECOND time the guy had it.
Worth noting, the kid had no idea he had it the first time - he was totally asymptomatic. The second time was a mild case and he recuperated at home.
Doctor also told him that his second case was mild BECAUSE it was the second time he had it.
I have some doubts and questions about this, but I can say that the information is reliable insofar as my friend is the mom and that is apparently what the doctor said.
Go figure.
Thank you for that. If people can get it again within 6 months, it does cast a shadow of doubt on vaccine efficacy and a chance for herd immunity.

Since the kid had it without symptoms the first time and the second case was mild because he had it before, It makes me wonder why he had symptoms at all even the second time. To me, that actually does not bode well. Go figure, indeed.

Reactions: nanita

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Thank you for that. If people can get it again within 6 months, it does cast a shadow of doubt on vaccine efficacy and a chance for herd immunity.

Since the kid had it without symptoms the first time and the second case was mild because he had it before, It makes me wonder why he had symptoms at all even the second time. To me, that actually does not bode well. Go figure, indeed.

All I can think of is that it was a different strain, maybe? And the first go-round gave him some antibodies? Not sure.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tomorrow begins the beginning of my round trip of SDQ to JFK and return back to JD. At noon I get the so called rapid test in a drive thru in Ga. Tomorrow is the earliest I could take it since my flight is on Monday and I am hoping that I will have results in my hand by the time I land. If not, so be it. I hope to be back to this forum on tues of next week with a blow by blow, boots on the ground report.

Reactions: zoey_kat

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Tomorrow begins the beginning of my round trip of SDQ to JFK and return back to JD. At noon I get the so called rapid test in a drive thru in Ga. Tomorrow is the earliest I could take it since my flight is on Monday and I am hoping that I will have results in my hand by the time I land. If not, so be it. I hope to be back to this forum on tues of next week with a blow by blow, boots on the ground report.
Good luck. Looking forward to your report.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
My daughter flew into Las Americas(SDQ) this afternoon from Boston. She said immigration and customs was the usual (she's a dual citizen). She did have to fill out the health questionare. There was no sign of any sort of testing.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My daughter flew into Las Americas(SDQ) this afternoon from Boston. She said immigration and customs was the usual (she's a dual citizen). She did have to fill out the health questionare. There was no sign of any sort of testing.
NO testing???